This Can't Be Real. They Let You Photoshop Your Stuff First?

Decorating By spoonfedcake Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm by flayvurdfun

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:20am
post #91 of 118

cakediva you have all my respect as a person and as an artist, I know my work will never come even close to yours or to that of many other talented people in cc but we are a family and we look out for eachother! please don't delete your pictures icon_cry.gif your work as well as many others are an inspiration to me and to many others. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:47am
post #92 of 118

Haha! A 'troll' on CC, I was wondering when one would turn up, I'm a member of a few forums and they're always about, I was actually surprised by the lack of trolls on CC here, it's quite refreshing! (lack of trolls that is!) icon_biggrin.gif
Cake Diva do not delete pics, repeat, do not delete!!!

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:49am
post #93 of 118

Never allow these types of pranksters to get under your skin...that's just feeding their "hunger" for trouble.

Our CC community has proven that we stick together and we respect each other's work no matter how professional like that of CakeDiva or the newest newbie that is serious about learning our art.

There will always be frauds who join public forums to stir up trouble, all we can do is let them know we're on to them and then move on to more important things. Like Cake!!! icon_smile.gif

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:53am
post #94 of 118

Yes, a cake troll! I was wondering if we'd ever see one here. Whatever you do, DO NOT delete your pictures, you would just be feeding the troll.

To the original poster: Just because you have never seen anything so spectacular in your buttercream rose-covered world does not mean it cannot exist, there are true artists here.

(No offense to b/c rose makers)

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:56am
post #95 of 118

CakeDiva honey dont delete anything... dont feed this persons mal intent... keep doing what you do and forget what bad comments other people say about you..

OP.... spoonfeedcake... someone must of spponfed you something other than cake maybe a bag to festerins C$*P b/c i am surpirsed you kiss you mama with that mouth.. and didnt your mama ever teach you - if you aint got nothin' nice to say dont say anything at all... damn you aint' got no manners...

some of you may know me from here and i like to stick up for other... i want to say that cake diva is one of the people that i come to for inspiration... i take a peek now and then at her pic to see what she up to and what i want to be someday. i cant pipe a rose to save my life, that is why i will make dozens out of fondant and gumpaste... and this OP that said that they can pipe a rose in the blink of an eye... nothing worth it in this life is ever easy, nor fast, nor free...

so i would love to see you pipe a rose and it come out better than one that may take me a few blinks... thats a THREAT...
leave Diva alone, shes a sweetheart, with some serious madd talents...

and you want to get at her, you obviously can tell you gotta go through ALL OF CC....

bring it on...

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:07am
post #96 of 118

See.. you can't delete them because so many people have saved them as favorites.. that's the reason you can't delete them now. Because we all know they are real and love them so much we just had to save the picture.

Trolls will get bored when they have no reaction from their actions.. so just give the "friendly ignore" as my DD would say.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:42am
post #97 of 118

it's sop obvious it's real and it was printed on.

am glad you can't delete it too. you're so talented and you inspire people like me to try. icon_smile.gif

sweetsbyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyJ Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 6:48am
post #98 of 118

CakeDiva..your cookies are gorgeous!

why do people have to be so rude and "mean mean"..spoonfedcake -why dont you spoonfeed your way somewhere else!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 7:09am
post #99 of 118

Jkalman:
See.. you can't delete them because so many people have saved them as favorites.. that's the reason you can't delete them now. Because we all know they are real and love them so much we just had to save the picture[quote] Yep, just what I wanted to say! Learned that from the duplicate pics post. And you know what, also learned that the admins can delete the pics with comments on them. If you get that far, CakeDiva, I warn you now...I've saved both pics to my hard drive. I will start a campaign. I will re-post your pics, giving you credit. I will start a thread asking everyone to do the same! You will see the Newest Cake Decorating Photos and the Popular Cake Photos Added Today COMPLETELY filled with Van Gogh. I too love your avatar. Starry Night is my boyfriend's favorite pic. We have a print of it in the living room. Every time I'm on something of yours, I smile and point it out to him!

As to the PP who noticed the blue running over onto the cookie...I never even noticed that before because I was so amazed and overwhelmed by the wonderful rendition of Starry Night, and insanely surprised by the level of talent on here every single day. Now I see that CakeDiva must be human and maybe there is hope for the rest of us!!! icon_biggrin.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 7:33am
post #100 of 118

OMG! I'm so glad my work sucks!!!, I can't believe that incompetence and jealousy can make people beat a TRUE ARTIST down icon_evil.gif instead, this "person" tapedshut.gif should be admiring this wonderful cookies. I'm so glad you can't delete your pics Diva they are absolutely amazing. Please, please don't listen to immature people. thumbs_up.gif

Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 8:01am
post #101 of 118

I have to agree with other posters, how did this person come upon your pictures...the first day she joined? I've been here over a year ( I think ) and have come no where viewing everything here. Your work is very admirable. You have an exceptional talent. If you can paint on canvas, what would be such a stretch to paint on a cookie? Ignore people with green eyes.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 8:06am
post #102 of 118

CakeDiva I am so sorry about all this hoopla about you. Having read all the posts, I think I am with Doug in thinking that this could be the same person behind all the prank calls you've been getting recently. I believe that the person's IP can be traced and they could actually get done for some sort of harrassment and forgive me you legal eagles, possibly for slander too. I think you are truly blessed to have such great talent, great cc friends who came out in full force to defend your honour and lastly your family.
I rather feel sorry for OP for having nothng better do to than to try and cast doubts on someone's talents just because she can't possibly conceive and execute such fabulous work!
PS I am soo happy you couldn't delete your photos icon_smile.gif

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:56am
post #103 of 118

Hey,

I paint on cookies because of Cake Diva. It was her cookies when I first started looking around for the reason I do paint on cookies(not quite as good but a start at least). Although I love LOVE the absolute talent of the RI designed cookies, the painted fondant cakes and the various other artists on CC. Alot of stuff I have never seen, never heard of, never done and just would never have thought of and would never have doubted any of it. It all ROCKS.
Love CC
Leigh

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:57am
post #104 of 118

Oh My cookie hostilities. I read a thread yesterday that had cookie hostilities in it. Cookies are about the most perfect food. Diva Very awesome cookies. Extreme talent level.

To the OP (original poster) yeah you are a hick. If you have to tell everyone your not one, you are.

Mike

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:33am
post #105 of 118

CakeDiva, the others are right, it would be possible to trace the person's IP address, unless they used a proxy or dial-up or wifi. If they use dial-up, then the IP address would change every time they get on, so the IP would be traceable to the ISP but not to the individual. If they're using someone else's wifi, then they'd be fairly anonymous (if you have a laptop or tablet with wifi you can just sit outside a business that has it and use their signal). You should contact the site admin and ask them to do a WHOIS lookup on the IP adresss associated with spoonfedcake's posts. They should be able to see from that what area the ISP is in, at the very least (unless the person was posting with a proxy, then the location will probably show something like Thailand). If spoonfedcake's IP address is static, then it could be blocked from accessing the site.

As far as the odd calls you're receiving, do you have caller id on your business phone? If you're getting a number but not a name for the calls, have you tried a reverse directory lookup? http://www.anywho.com/rl.html for example. If the calls are coming in as private or anonymous, then you could let calls that show that way go to voicemail so you could screen them.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:46am
post #106 of 118

Cake Diva - I am also a newbie to this site, but never questioned for a moment that your gorgeous cookie was not your own creation. I looked at it with awe and with respect for your beautiful work. Due to kind posters like you, I gain inspiration and knowledge for my own little cookies (although I feel confident I will never reach the level of what you do!). In looking through responses to this post, I see so many who respect what you do and want to support you after this unkind remark was made. I was incensed when I read it and as I said, I am new to this site, but couldn't believe someone would question the authenticity of your work. That is born out of ignorance for the level of art that can be created on a cookie. Please try not to let it upset you anymore. This was a rouge comment and as you can see, so many respect the beautiful work that you do.

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:55am
post #107 of 118

If everyone would just mind there own business and not get into others, the world would be a better place. Whether the person hasn't done wrong, or has, mind your own business. Why make grief for people? why do people like to stir everyone up? Look how long this thread is! People just love,love,love a controversy.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:23am
post #108 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveweddings

If everyone would just mind there own business and not get into others, the world would be a better place. Whether the person hasn't done wrong, or has, mind your own business. Why make grief for people? why do people like to stir everyone up? Look how long this thread is! People just love,love,love a controversy.

And your post made it just a tad longer.

Mike

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 12:04pm
post #109 of 118

Ah yes. I just want to try and focus on things like ourselves, not what another is doing. This suppose to be a place to learn, not to nit pick on others. Finding what another is doing wrong and coming on here to blab. Though, in this case, it was all good. icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 12:20pm
post #110 of 118

Okay, I have to chime in here... OP-I have one of "those printers that print on paper you can eat" and used it on cookies and a cake this week. I love it, and many other ccr's have them- However CakeDiva is not one of them.
About a MONTH ago CakeDiva was having a hard time with an FBCT-
(see here- http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591047-.html ) and was wishing she had an EI printer! Those cookies WERE MADE IN 2007- (or should I say "cooky" icon_lol.gif ) Long before her vent on FBCT's.
Regardless of what you thought ( you are obviously incapable of understanding anything outside the realm of your sheetcake and buttercream rose bakery) you approached this in an incredibly rude and degrading fashion. You obviously have no class, and I have to agree with mike... "If you have to tell everyone you're not one... you are"

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 12:29pm
post #111 of 118

I just came across this thread. I'm going to ignore the original post, since it does not seem to deserve a reply.

But I want to state: CakeDiva is one of the kindest members I have communicated with here on CC. She went out of her way to give me support (even though we did not know each other) in a difficult sitation I encountered here.

She is kind, caring, extraordinarily bright, and perceptive.

She is also incredibly modest about her amazing abilities. My "other job" involves working with 19th century art first-hand. And CakeDiva's interpretation of Van Gogh is astonishing. Indeed, she is an artist in her own right.

Her gift is rare -- and her great kindness is even rarer, I dare say.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:46pm
post #112 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbain

Thanks Keyshia!

I appreciate the console icon_smile.gif I really want to try the butterdream recipe on CC but my next cake is yellow w/chocolate so I guess I will have to stick to canned frosting this time haha oh well

Give making BC a try! You will not only like the taste more, but I think it is easier to frost a cake with!! Make a small batch and try it. You will be surprised how much easier it is then you think! (and you will save a lot of money!)

as far as canned, I will admit I still use the canned german chocolate cake filling...(the pecan/coconut) I think it taste great, and it is a lot less work then making it yourself!!

AllCakedOut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllCakedOut Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:51pm
post #113 of 118

Anyone else find it at all weird that the OP claims to be SUCH a computer n00b as to not know what a pm is (or be able to figure it out!)... but knows what Photoshop is?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:34pm
post #114 of 118

I noticed that when faced with a rash of CC'ers calling it like they see it, the OP ..... when faced with "put up or shut up" ...... seems to have shut up and moved on.

No big loss.

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:00pm
post #115 of 118

The oddest thing just happened to me. I had looked up OP in the memberlist and was going through to see what else she had posted and some of them were deleted while I was still on there. It went from 23 to 15 in just a few seconds. What's the deal. I guess some of the same repeated posts were deleted. Look back at her first few on this thread and she is back to a "Newbie"

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:12pm
post #116 of 118

I've been watching this thread since it was orginally posted. I wasn't going to comment, but we all know how that goes. I agree with the general consensus that this person is just someone looking to stir up trouble wherever they can. I hope that the calls CakeDiva is getting is not related to this slamming. I doubt it, considering that this person was picking on others too. I sincerely hope this person has gotten their kicks and/or gotten tired of the whole game and left.
CakeDiva, please know that we all stand with you 100% and know that your talent is real and awesome!

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:39pm
post #117 of 118

hmmmm . . . . OP never did "dig up" any of her photos and post them.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #118 of 118

I'm locking this thread.

If you knew what we know you would understand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%