Got My New Jennifermi's Dvds!! Yeah Baby!!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm by JenniferMI

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 77

I did, I did!! I waited and waited and waited but it was WELL worth the wait!! Jen does a great job in both DVDs, and shows us how to use all the cool stuff we just HAD to buy at ICES! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif I must ask Jen, where did you get that clay gun??? icon_eek.gif So if any of you are fans of her work, her DVDs are well worth the investment. Way to go Jen!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

76 replies
sailers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sailers2 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 7:25am
post #2 of 77

I bought Jen's Fun with Fondant Frills DVD and LOVE IT! I learned so much just watching this! It answers so many questions I have been thinking about. Great investment!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 77

i've got to get me one of those clay guns!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 77

I just ordered mine this morning!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 77

I just finished kneading the pearl clay I made yesterday. Boy that stuff has an excellent consistency!! I can't wait to play!! Will keep you posted! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 77

BobWbuns -

Yes, the pearl clay is a totally awesome product! That's why I wanted to show it in the DVD.... how to make and how to use it. And the coolest part is it's almost all chocolate so it's so so good! When I tell my customers those are choc. pearls or choc. side ribbons, they love hearing the word chocolate and I can just see their eyes light up!!!

I developed this product to get a brilliant shine on my pearls... I hated how sometimes they came out ok and sometimes dull with fondant. With this product, they are on fire!

Best wishes with the pearl clay, if you have any questions, I'm here to try and answser them!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:33am
post #7 of 77

Okay I just made a little 6 inch practice cake for DH (he just LOVES when I practice on him!) icon_biggrin.gif I used the pearl clay for pressed lace, molds and pearls. I'm still having trouble with the pressed lace, but I think that's because I need more practice with that technique. The pearl maker was a no-go and I think that's because the pearl clay was too soft. That and I need a LOT more practice with the pearl makers.

On the flip side though, I pulled out a few cherished molds and I must say, the pearl clay is the BEST stuff I've ever used to mold with. I dusted the mold (or blopped with my poofy as they say -- highly technical term...) and pressed the clay into the mold, cleaned the edges and put in the frig for 5 minutes. The pieces unmolded perfectly without incident and have excellent definition. Great product Jen!!! Thanks again for sharing with us! icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #8 of 77

BobWbuns...isn't it GOOD, too!!!! LOVE the pearl clay!

You just pop that DVD back into the player or go directly to the pressed lace section and the pearl section, watch it again and practice. Practice makes perfect. If you need any further advice, just yell ok? My DVD's come with tech support icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #9 of 77

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Tech support huh? Glad to hear it! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:56am
post #10 of 77

You bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:48am
post #11 of 77

what's pearl clay? is it something you buy or make?

JenniferMI Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:28pm
post #12 of 77

Pearl clay is what I make my pearls and many other yummy fondant techniques from. It's almost all chocolate. It makes brilliant, shiny pearls.

Jen icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:02pm
post #13 of 77

I orderer the Fondant Frills DVD last night and can't wait to get it. Is the pearl clay recipe on that DVD?

JenniferMI Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #14 of 77

Yes, it is Tiggy!

Thanks!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 10:18pm
post #15 of 77

Hey Jen, I got my lace presses today!! How's that for service?? Cool!! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 77

That's GREAT BobWbuns!!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 10:42pm
post #17 of 77

Just got home from vacation and low behold guess what was waiting for me in my mailbox?! Can't wait to watch both the videos. All this talk of chocolate pearls has me hungry for chocolate!!!

Kelley icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:02pm
post #18 of 77

Hope you enjoy them Kelley! icon_biggrin.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:18pm
post #19 of 77

I'm getting ready to order my DVD's!! I have all 3 of Sugarshack's and love them and now I will be adding Jennifer's to my collection. I enjoy watching the different techniques decorators use. I'm really interested in checking out the pearl clay. icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #20 of 77

Thanks Price!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #21 of 77

hey Jen, have you used the pearl clay to hand mold chocolate roses? I'm wondering how that would work...

JenniferMI Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:19am
post #22 of 77

BW I haven't tried it for that, but I think it would work awesome! It takes a long time to harden, but it will harden.

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:23am
post #23 of 77

I'm looking forward to trying it. It sure couldn't be any worse than some of the other recipes I've tried... icon_confused.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:59am
post #24 of 77

I have the DVD's and they are wonderful. Jennifer is a terrific teacher - if you can ever take a class - hop on it.

Her DVD's are a great teaching tool and the pearl clay and her fondant is wonderful. Thanks Jennifer!

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:44pm
post #25 of 77

Just ordered it. I had to after reading this.

mimi2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi2004 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #26 of 77

After hearing all the wonderful comments, where can I get these DVD's icon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:51pm
post #27 of 77

NEW! Online store: jenniferdontz.com

mimi2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi2004 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:57pm
post #28 of 77

WoooHooo, thanks a bunch icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #29 of 77

Yes, they're definitely worth it!! icon_biggrin.gif

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:02am
post #30 of 77

I got a huge box of stuff from Jen and it feels like Christmas around here! I've watched both DVDs and finally put all my goodies away when I thought I'd fondled and slobbered over them enough. Time to get to work practicing on them.

I asked Jen to *fill* the box and she did! I got molds, chocolate, the dvds, chocolate, glaze, border cutters, chocolate, scissors, tweezers and did I mention chocolate??? icon_lol.gif

I learn something new everytime I watch these really great dvds by CC members.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%