Got My New Jennifermi's Dvds!! Yeah Baby!!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm by JenniferMI

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #31 of 77

Bravo, Bravo!!!! Great informative dvd's Michelle! Any plans for more?

Kelley

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 10:38pm
post #32 of 77

Hey Jen, Can you make the fondant and the pearl clay using Satin Ice or does it have to be Pettinice?

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:36pm
post #33 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Hey Jen, Can you make the fondant and the pearl clay using Satin Ice or does it have to be Pettinice?

I can answer that! It's "maybe". Jen said that someone she knows tried it with Satin Ice and it was too soft. She loves Pettinice so she sticks with that. I have SI and I'm going to try it this weekend. Keep your hands cool and that will probably help. icon_smile.gif

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:43am
post #34 of 77

OOOOPsPPS! I mean Jen! icon_redface.gif

Kelley

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:06am
post #35 of 77

Thanks Lorrieg! I've always found Pettinice to be softer than Satin Ice but I'm going to try it both ways. icon_biggrin.gif

lorrieg Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:25am
post #36 of 77

Don't forget to let us know how you make out Cindy. I'm doing a cake for Saturday but it doesn't need fondant. Guess I'll have to make one just for us to try Jen's techniques. icon_lol.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:29am
post #37 of 77

I was so thrilled before this thread to get my Dvd's! Now I am ESTATIC!!!! I will be taking Jen's class next week and she will be bringing the stuff I ordered including the dvd's. Now I don't know if I can wait until next week to get them!!!! icon_cry.gif Uhoh, what if everyone buys all of the dvd's and she forgot mine and now I don't get one??? icon_cry.gif Oh no, Jen please don't give mine away!!!!! icon_cry.gif lol!!! I can't wait, you ladies have talked them up and now I am super impatient!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jessica

lorrieg Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:39pm
post #38 of 77

Jessica, are we supposed to feel sorry for you when you get to go to a class and she forgets your DVD's??? icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

jessfmaldonado Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:46pm
post #39 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrieg

Jessica, are we supposed to feel sorry for you when you get to go to a class and she forgets your DVD's??? icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif LOL lorrieg, I see, I think I would feel that way if I wasn't me too!! lol.

But I still want the DVD's lol. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

lorrieg Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 2:59pm
post #40 of 77

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif LOL lorrieg, I see, I think I would feel that way if I wasn't me too!! lol.

But I still want the DVD's lol. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_redface.gif[/quote]

So you want to have your cake and eat it too Jessica???? icon_twisted.gif

Jen and I are working on getting her and maybe Sharon (I don't know if Sharon knows this or not) to come and teach in Ottawa next summer. I have one woman who is on my "list" to attend. So if you could just put in a good word for me.... it's Lorrie the one that spent the equivelant of three tanks of gas in her online store. In case my hubby reads this I'm not telling if it's three sedans, SUVs or small semi tanks! tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gifthumbs_up.gif

jessfmaldonado Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:10pm
post #41 of 77

[/quote]So you want to have your cake and eat it too Jessica???? icon_twisted.gif

Jen and I are working on getting her and maybe Sharon (I don't know if Sharon knows this or not) to come and teach in Ottawa next summer. I have one woman who is on my "list" to attend. So if you could just put in a good word for me.... it's Lorrie the one that spent the equivelant of three tanks of gas in her online store. In case my hubby reads this I'm not telling if it's three sedans, SUVs or small semi tanks! tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gifthumbs_up.gif[/quote]

LOL ohhhhhhhhhhh I wish I can attend a class with both Sharon and Jen!!! Too bad I don't live in Canada!! I would definitely go, I know there was another class going on here in the states with them, but it is full already. I will just have to settle for this one. icon_wink.gif Okay okay okay I am not going to seem greedy!!!!!!!!! icon_redface.gif I just need all the help I can get!!! icon_smile.gif I would def mention to her Lorrie about a class in Canada for you!, not like my word would matter or anything, but hey you never know!!! thumbs_up.gif Psssst, by the way, my hubby never knows what I have bought, or how much, just that I bought some stuff!!!!! I always try to leave it at that, so when he questions me later on, I say well I told you I bought some things that I needed!!!!! heheehe. Works about 3/4 of the time hehe. icon_twisted.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:21pm
post #42 of 77

Jen, how does your pearl clay differ from fondant? Can it be refrigerated? I will be buying this video set for sure!

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 3:42pm
post #43 of 77

hey jen, do you have any plans to make dvds that teach your flower making technique??? Pleaassse!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

lorrieg Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #44 of 77

Jessica, you could come here for the classes! It's a great place to come in the summer. You could escape your really hot weather. icon_lol.gif And if you told your hubby that you "had" to attend or I couldn't have the classes he'd understand. I'd put you up. We'd have a blast. And by then Jen would have more stuff in her store to bring for us. icon_twisted.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:20pm
post #45 of 77

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh baby, my brand new clay gun just came in the mail today!! Whoa mama!! That thing is HUGE!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Thanks Jen for introducing us to yet another necessary new toy! icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:53pm
post #46 of 77
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh baby, my brand new clay gun just came in the mail today!! Whoa mama!! That thing is HUGE!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Thanks Jen for introducing us to yet another necessary new toy! icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

Where did you order it from? I'd love to have a bigger one. I got Jennifer's DVD yesterday but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 11:58pm
post #47 of 77

http://www.bigceramicstore.com/Supplies/ClayGuns.htm

This is the one that Jen uses, the one with four dies. Holy macaroni Batman! That thing is HUGE! icon_eek.gif

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:08am
post #48 of 77

Holy Chiwawa! I'm guessing you could drill several holes in the bank die for hair like the one Duff uses.

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #49 of 77

In the fondant frills DVD, Jen shows a few tricks with this bad boy! icon_lol.gif

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:26am
post #50 of 77

Oh cool, that's the DVD I just got. Can't wait to watch it.

lorrieg Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #51 of 77

I ordered my behemoth clay gun this week from the bigceramicstore. It will be here early next week. I'm running out of room to store this stuff! I'm gonna have to buy the bungalow next door and just put cake stuff in it. icon_rolleyes.gif

I made gumpaste pearls today following Jen's instructions. I only needed a tiny string of the baby ones so I didn't make up pearl clay. This weekend......

lorrieg Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #52 of 77

I forgot to add that Jen is a bad, bad influence and I love her! icon_lol.gif

mvdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvdd Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:44am
post #53 of 77

Where do you get the clay gun?

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #54 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migvia

Where do you get the clay gun?

http://www.bigceramicstore.com/Supplies/ClayGuns.htm

This is the clay gun Jen uses in her video. Get the with four dies.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #55 of 77

HI everyone!

Sorry I've been missing awhile, it's pretty hairy around here, between the store and getting ready for the class/convention next week + a couple weddings + birthdays..... yikers!!! I'm doing good, just long days icon_smile.gif

To answer some questions:

Kelley - YES! If I get back my investment from these two, I definately will be doing more DVD's. Next one planned is my gp rose, the stephanotis and dipped ivy. After that, floral arranging of gp flowers and fresh.

Jess - Don't worry, there are LOTS of them at the class location already. No chance they won't be there waiting for you icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Lorrie - ROFLOL! Lorrie and I are family now icon_smile.gif

Lutie - The pearl clay is almost ALL choc. and sooo yummy! It's a very leathery, stong product that can be used for many things. I developed it to make brilliant, shiny pearls. Yes, it can be refrigerated but really doesn't have to. I had a past student e-mail me telling me she had some in her frig. for THREE years and it was still good. Not sure how long it will last - LOL! Mine always gets used fast.

Rockii - Yes, I'll be doing a flower DVD, if these go over well. I'm hoping so!!

BW - Glad you like the BAZOOKA clay gun! LUV mine!!!!!! You should have seen the video guy when I got that out.... he started making machine gun noises, we were cracking up!!!!

I'll be gone for a week starting Monday, but I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

If you have questions, please ask away!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #56 of 77

I have also loved watching my new DVD's from Jennifer!!! AND I also feel I really really need that HUGE claygun!!! icon_biggrin.gif I loved watching someone else work with fondant... as I have never had lessons.. so picked up loads of little tricks! Thanks Jennifer!!!

I am very lucky & very excited because Jennifer is coming here to do a class in September.... Anyone fancy a Tuscan sugar break????? (Sept 10 & 11)... closest airport PISA!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 8:50pm
post #57 of 77

Glad you liked the DVD's Toni!!!! Thank you for your positive feedback!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:32pm
post #58 of 77

Hey, if anyone is trying Jen's recipes, here's a little hint: A 1 lb bag of chocolate = 2 1/2 cups. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

lorrieg Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:19am
post #59 of 77
Quote:

Hey, if anyone is trying Jen's recipes, here's a little hint: A 1 lb bag of chocolate = 2 1/2 cups. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Only if you get the second it's opened. It's funny how that 1 lb. shrinks once the seal is broken. icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:22am
post #60 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrieg

Quote:

Only if you get the second it's opened. It's funny how that 1 lb. shrinks once the seal is broken. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yep, been there, done that! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%