Anybody Subscribe To Consumerreports.org?

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm by Sugarflowers

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

Hiya ~

I'm looking for a lovely, lovely person to log on to ConsumerReports.org (you have to be a subscriber) and tell me what the difference is between Kenmore Dishwasher models 13749 and 13849. The 13749 model is rated a #1 Best Buy by CR, but it's out of stock everywhere in Houston. However, 13849 IS in stock.

The specs on the Sears website shows no difference at all, but in a discussion forum elsewhere, someone mentioned that the 13849 rated LOWER than the 13749, although the Sears website shows the exact same specs for the two models.

My dishwasher has been dead for 4 days and is apparently not going to spontaneously resurrect itself, so I've GOT to get one today!! If you have access to CR.org, please help a girl out! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Sherri

3 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 4

According to CR there isn't much difference in the two models. It only rated lower in ease of use and only by 1 point. It has the same features as the other model. I think it might be a 2008 version instead of the 2007.

What a bummer to be without a dishwasher! I lost one to a lightning strike right before a large wedding!

HTH

Michele

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 4

Oh Michele, thank you so, so much. That's all I need to go ahead and get it.

Whew - lightning strike!! Did it fry everything in your house??

Thank you! :hug:
Sherri

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 4

The lightning strike was about 50 yards away and took off 1/2 of a neighbor's very large tree. It killed my computer modem and the dishwasher. It was such a great dishwasher. icon_cry.gif I had to unplug it because the control board was smoking. We couldn't tell if it was just the control board or the motor as well and it was going to cost more in parts than to replace it. We actually had a spare, really crappy, dishwasher that came with the house, so we just use it. I hated that thing though.

Enjoy your new dishwasher. It looks like it will be a good one.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%