Up Tonight Working On 4Th Of July Stuff... Anyone Else?

Decorating By DoniB Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 11:09am by DoniB

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 6:26am
post #31 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalyn1

Thanks Doni... I'm just practicing, practicing so that someday I wil do the magnificent wedding cakes I dream of doing....Have sweet dreams...of Kenny of course lol...I may just have to dream about that too lol icon_wink.gif

LOL

Hey, every cake I do is practice. I think that cake decorators ought to be considered 'practitioners', since there's always something new to learn and do, always a new trend to keep up with, new recipes to try... we're ALWAYS practicing our art! icon_smile.gif

definitely going to bed this time. icon_razz.gif If anyone's up tomorrow night, too, I'll see ya then! icon_smile.gif

blue123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blue123 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 7:23am
post #32 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_farms

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123

Help...I'm still new to this and trying to figure out all of the abreviations. What is NFSC and Antonia's icing? Where do I find these recipes? Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

NFSC - No Fail Sugar Cookies. Antonia's icing is a popular cookie icing here at CC. You can find both recipes in the recipe section of CC.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2055-No-Fail-Sugar-Cookies.html is the link for NFSC

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-Antonia74-Royal-Icing.html is the link for Antonia's icing

Welcome! icon_smile.gif

Thanks for responding...I will be trying these today! icon_smile.gif

Afarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afarren Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:17am
post #33 of 60

Its 1:15am I am off to bed...four cakes baked cooling--for those of you that are home bakers--what kind of cooling rack do you use for a larger cake--like 12in? good night!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 8:59am
post #34 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afarren

Its 1:15am I am off to bed...four cakes baked cooling--for those of you that are home bakers--what kind of cooling rack do you use for a larger cake--like 12in? good night!

I have a baking rack...it has 10 shelves/cooling racks on it. I love it and could not live without it! It's on wheels and I use it to roll to the oven and put the cakes right from the oven to the rack, I use it to defrost cakes, I use it for iced cookies, I use it to dry gum paste decorations. Its like having 10 tables, and takes up very little space.

loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:04am
post #35 of 60

I am working on a four tiered wedding cake with painted fondant flowers for the fourth, and making daisies for a birthday cake for pickup on Saturday and baking sheet cakes (have 100 mini cakes for next week) to put into the freezer as well as 12 -10 inch cakes for a "desert wedding" next weekend. Taking a break to make more tea, I think I will finally get to get some sleep on Sunday then next week will be another sleepless one! (anyone wanna come help covered mini cakes with fondant next week! hahaha.. WHY did I take this order!)

I am looking forward to November, when wedding season will be over. I already told my DH don't make any plans for thanksgiving, because I will be sleeping hahaha!

Fourth of July? Is that a holiday?

DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:59am
post #36 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

(anyone wanna come help covered mini cakes with fondant next week! hahaha.. WHY did I take this order!)

*grin* How much do ya pay, and would you spring for gas? icon_razz.gif I need a job! LOLOL (Where is Apex, anyhow? I'm over just below Hickory...)

DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:01am
post #37 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afarren

I use the large cooling rack that AC Moore carries. I think it's a wilton, but not sure. All I know is I got it for like $6 with a 40% off coupon, and it's great for everything except the very largest cakes I do (16"ers)

I also have two sets of the stackable folding racks, and those will hold up to a 10" I think.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:31am
post #38 of 60

I'll be doing my stuff today.

DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:48am
post #39 of 60

I'll be working through the day, if I don't give in to the urge to nap since i was up till 3. icon_razz.gif

Ah well... just need to ice two full batches of NFSC, make 48 cuppies, and possibly do a cake, though the cake design is getting simpler and simpler as it gets closer to tonight! LOL

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:11pm
post #40 of 60

I think I would slap some cream cheese buttercream on those puppies!!!!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds sooooooo good!!!!!

Where in MO. are you?

Lu[/quote]

LOL that does sound good!! I did try one with the white choc ganache that is supposed to go on the INSIDE! It was pretty good!!!

Sorry I had to ditch you all last night! I was just too tired.
Jamalyn1 your cake turned out very pretty!! Your fondant is perfect!!
Hope you all can keepthose eyes open today!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:16pm
post #41 of 60

I have nothing this weekend and I'm excited!!! It seems that I never get a weekend off and I NEVER get a holiday weekend off, so this is a super duper extra special weekend for me!

I'm going to do all the fun stuff I never get to do ... shampoo my carpet, rearrange my furniture, get all the dust bunnies shot and killed, .... you know, just plain 'ole housewifey stuff!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm
post #42 of 60

Oh Lu!! I forgot. I am about an hour south of KC. in Adrian. Are you from Missouri?

IndyDebi! That just seems wrong!!! I say, sit down, kick back, prop those feet up and relax!!! At least one day! lol Good for you though that you don't have to worry about cakes for this weekend! Enjoy it if ya can!

loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:26pm
post #43 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I have nothing this weekend and I'm excited!!! It seems that I never get a weekend off and I NEVER get a holiday weekend off, so this is a super duper extra special weekend for me!

I'm going to do all the fun stuff I never get to do ... shampoo my carpet, rearrange my furniture, get all the dust bunnies shot and killed, .... you know, just plain 'ole housewifey stuff!

You are a girl after my own heart and I am showing this to my DH! I had a light week a couple of weeks and was ALL DONE by friday morning! So I spent the weekend cleaning my house, scrubbing everything, doing the carpets. Had the ipod on and was happy as a lark. My DH just scratched his head, he didn't understand why I was so happy! Men!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:32pm
post #44 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

My DH just scratched his head, he didn't understand why I was so happy! Men!!

icon_lol.gif that's because when men get a day off, they sit around and do nothing because "hey! It's a day off!" But when women get a day off, they have to spend it catching up on all the stuff they cant' get done during the day because everyone else is sitting around not helping! icon_lol.gif

You're right ... men don't get it!

(Pssst! I got one room rearranged last night! I'm switching two rooms. Got one room shampoo'd and the furniture all moved in! the 2nd room will be more fun because it's already empty.... just need to vacuum and shampoo, then I can play away with furniture arrangement! It's like living in a big doll house! icon_lol.gif )

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #45 of 60

I did a 4 tier wedding cake that will be delivered today...first "Jewish" wedding cake I have ever done. Praying the transport goes well.

loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #46 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

(Pssst! I got one room rearranged last night! I'm switching two rooms. Got one room shampoo'd and the furniture all moved in! the 2nd room will be more fun because it's already empty.... just need to vacuum and shampoo, then I can play away with furniture arrangement! It's like living in a big doll house! icon_lol.gif )

That is such a great idea...I have this guest room that is full of cake boxes, cake stands, cake this and cake that. My dream is to one day make it into a guest room again. hahaha!

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm
post #47 of 60

I thought I might try a quick & easy dessert for 4th of July. Untill my mother asked me to make my bro a birthday cake. Guess I'd better get baking. It's so hard thinking of idea's for men cakes. I'm going to try something that uses FORD in it. Any ideas?

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 1:43pm
post #48 of 60

I am doing nothing. icon_biggrin.gif I'm quite happy about a nice break doing nothing but sleeping (I'm young so I can still do this icon_lol.gif ) watching fireworks tonight (the largest in the Midwest!!) and more fireworks tomorrow night and treating myself to my first sweets of all week tomorrow. Crazy no sugar diet. icon_mad.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:35pm
post #49 of 60

I should've stayed up last night but I knew I'd have to be up again tonight so I thought to myself, "Why lose 2 night's sleep?" I'm sure I'll be up til 4am tonight!

(I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to roll out fondant after I filled and crumbcoated!)

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:36pm
post #50 of 60

I made some cupcakes to take to work today. I tried a chocolate recipe that I've been wanting to make and was disappointed - again. It was way to dry and I didn't think I overbaked it. Me and scratch recipes are NOT working well together. I'm disappointed with everyone that I make and I used to LOVE to bake from scratch. Oh well. The cupcakes are cute anyway and they'll eat anything at work. LOL

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 3:57pm
post #51 of 60

The 4th of July is my birthday and since this is a hobby for me I don't have any obligations. Maybe I will make some cupcakes so I will have desserts for the family.

Happy 4th of July to everyone icon_smile.gif

DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #52 of 60

okay, IndyDebi, you need an intervention! LOL Who's up for a road trip to kidnap Debi and take her to Vegas for a real vacation weekend??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif (okay, not really, but it's the thought that counts, right??)

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:07pm
post #53 of 60

Just finished up a 4th of July 30th Birthday cake about 5 minutes ago. I really liked doing something different!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:38pm
post #54 of 60

Wow! Everyone is baking (well, most everyone anyways) except me. I'll be slow cooking my brisket tonight til it just falls apart and then start making potato salad. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll also grill some corn on the cob with herbed butter. icon_lol.gif But no cakes!!! icon_cry.gif Although cupcakes are starting to sound good!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #55 of 60

I finished my July 4th cake (donation to the Rec Dept) and I need to make the cupcakes (another donation to the rec dept--they put on an annual bbq every year on July 4th, plus my kids are there all the time). And I have to make my nephews birthday cake that will have lightning mcqueen and Mater on it. And I can't even go to his birthday party icon_cry.gif
My son has an All Star game on Sunday.... icon_biggrin.gif

DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:59pm
post #56 of 60

Okay, for those who want to play along tonight as well, I've started the Special Holiday Emergency Thursday Edition of the Friday Night Cake Club. icon_lol.gif

here ya go. Join if you want!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5998924.html#5998924

See ya between batches! icon_smile.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:24pm
post #57 of 60

I'm making a four teir wedding cake for Sat, Decorating it in the morning. At 3:00pm tomorrow having 60 family and friends over for the day at Deb's 4th yearly picnic. Just doing cupcakes here as far as baking for family. Vanilla and strawberry, with red , white, blue icing and sprinkles.

Have fun all !!!!!!! Wish I had time to try a fancy 4th of July cake. icon_cry.gif

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:52pm
post #58 of 60

I am making my baby's 1st birthday cake--she is a 4th of July baby! It's Classic Pooh, wish me luck!

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 10:53am
post #59 of 60

i wish i had seen this on the 3rd but I was going nuts too finishing up my 4th of July Baby's 3rd birthday cake. I had actually started earlier in the week but had a major disaster on the 3rd and started all over again around 5 pm for a party on the 4th at noon. It all worked out. Check out my pic! I found kchart's pic online when i was scrambling to find a thomas cake to do for the party.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1240646

thanks again kchart!

DoniB Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:09am
post #60 of 60

how cute!!! Love the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%