Another Cheesecake Wedding Cake Question

Decorating By heavenlyfire Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 1:26am by sadiepix

heavenlyfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlyfire Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 4

I have gone through the links for the other cheesecake weddingcake forums, but didn't see an answer to this one...I have a lady who wants a stacked cheesecake for her wedding in Feb. Now, I hadn't thought about frosting or fondant until I read these forums, so that has put new ideas in my head - thank you all! We were just going to do straight cheesecakes with flowers or fruit covering the gap between the cake and the plate supporting the next layer.

Here is my question (finally) = how do you cut the cheesecakes at the wedding? Since it is so rich, do we just cut slivers, or should it be cut like a normal wedding cake? She doesn't need a whole lot - only 50 servings, so I am thinking a 12 10 8 combination should work well, as she doesn't want to keep the top tier.

3 replies
briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 4

Hmmm... I don't have an answer, but I want to know too. I've always wanted to make a cheesecake wedding cake... maybe someday....

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 4

i attended a wedding that had cheesecake as their wedding cake. they cut them like you would cut a cake at home not like a wedding cake

hth

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:26am
post #4 of 4

My last cheesecake wedding cake was separate tiers, and it was cut like you would at home, into the slices (triangles) radiating out from the center. I am sure it would do just fine cut like a wedding cake though, as it is so firm it would do just about whatever the bride prefers.

I love those for weddings...yum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%