Quilted Pattern For Cake Toppers

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 5

Lorrain McKay uses this a lot and I've seen the same design in other places. It's a quilted pattern that is often used for fondant baby blankets and quilts laying on the tops of cakes.

Where do you get this? Exactly what is it? A rolling pin or a flat mold?

4 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 5

I have a tool that looks like a pizza cutter but it's much smaller and it has little spikes I would call them on the roller part that makes the dotted impression to make it look like seams. I bought it at a regular craft store like Michaels.

CareBear3891 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareBear3891 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:43am
post #3 of 5

In a book by Colette Peters "Colette's Wedding Cakes" she tells how she Quilts on Fondant. Cover the cake with fondant, wrap a tape measure around the circumference. Decide approximately how big you want the design to be, mark at base of cake with toothpick around cake. Trace a triangle out of wax paper or something that is flexible, place the triangle at each mark and emboss diagonal lines on the sides. For the top of the cake, continue the lines from the sides of the cake onto the top. You should end up with a star pattern rather than a grid. I hope this help.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 4:05am
post #4 of 5

I think this is what you may be looking for. Lorraine (Aine2) uses these.


CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thank You!
That's exactly what I was looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%