No Bake Cheesecake As Filling...

Decorating By thecakebox Updated 23 May 2008 , 7:38pm by grama_j

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:46am
post #1 of 9

Can this be done? Is it good? I saw a recipe in Toba Garretts book where she bakes a cheesecake with no crust and puts it in a chocolate cake, so I'm thinking maybe you could use the no bake stuff as a substitute? Just fishing to see if anyone has tried this and what the results were...

8 replies
nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:16am
post #2 of 9

I have not tired it, but I imagine it would work well!

I have however made a filling out of cream cheese, instant pudding and whipping cream, and my husband and everyone who ate it LOVED it!!!

Another thought I had was the fruit dip you can buy at the grocery store (marzelli's - I think not sure though) I thought that would be wonderful as a filling as well.

You could even get the philly, already to go in the refridgerated section to use as a filling. (they make it in chocolate and reg.)

Have fun and always remember, that if you don't experiment then the best creations in the world would not be inveted (Light blubs, electricity etc.)

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 9

It would probably be OK, but just OK, not great. The filling has enough structure, but not really a great flavor.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 9

i think it depends on your taste buds (or the person eating the cake). i like the no bake cheesecakes and think it would be yummy as filling. but i detest those ready to go in the shell philly ones (they are fairly new).. they taste YUCK-O to me.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 9

I use a no-bake cheesecake recipe as my "cheesecake mousse" - really really yummy. You can also do the baked cheesecake layer thing.

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 9

Yes, I wish I had the time to bake a real cheesecake, but the cake is due tomorrow icon_smile.gif Its for my SIL so I just asked her if she likes the no bake stuff and she said yes so thats good enough for me! Thanks for all the replies, I am going to try it and I will let you all know how it turns out.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 9

Try my no bake cheese cake.... it has cream cheese added right into it..... it won a Blue ribbon, so it can't be ALL bad.........LOL!

hcouso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hcouso Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 9

I have used the no-bake cheesecake several times and I love it! When you first spread it on the cake it's pretty smooth and then after a couple of minutes it starts to stablize. I have never had it squish out of the sides either.
I also put the cheesecake in a big piping bag with a very large star type tip and pipe it into the mini graham cracker shells with frest fruit on top. It's great for a little single serving dessert. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Heather

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 9

Here is the recipe..
Black Forest Cheesecake

Serves/Yields: 12-14
Prep. Time: about an hour including set time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Category: Cheesecakes
Difficulty: Easy

This is an EASY, no bake cheescake.... "semi homemade", if you will.....I entered it in the Country Fair under "Doctored Mix Recipes", and WON a BLUE RIBBON ! I found a recipe on the internet,and it reminded me of one of my Mom's cheesecake, so I looked her's up, and combind the two, and came up with this......

2 (11 ounce) pkg. plain No Bake cheesecake mixes
2/3 C.melted butter
1/4 C. white sugar
1 (3 0z.) pkg. Ladyfingrs
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
3 C. cold milk,divided
1 (10 or 12 oz.) container whipped topping, thawed
1 (21 oz. )can cherry pir filling (or filling of your choice)
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C. heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon butter

1. In a bowl, combine contents of crust mix packages ( I don't like the crust that thick, so I only use one) melted butter, and sugar. Press mixture on to the bottom of 10 inch spring form pan, sprayed LIGHTLY with cooking spray. Line edge of pan with Lady fingers.

2. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup cold milk until SMOOTH. Gradually beat in remaining milk. Add contents of filling mix pkgs;beat until smooth... about three minutes. Fold in thawed whip topping. Pour over crust. Allow to cool and set up in refridgerator while preparing ganache layer.

3.Heat cream over medium heat until just barley come to a boil. Remove from heat immediately. Do not over-heat ! Pour hot cream over chocolate chips, and allow to set a minute or so. Gently stir mixture until chocolate is melted and blended with cream. Add butter and combine. DO NOT beat mixture ! Let cool slightly... it must be pourable, but not hot.
Pour chocolate ganache mixture over set up cheesecake, and return to refridgerator until set...... about an hour. Por cherry pie filling over ganache layer and return to refridgerator until ready to serve..... It is VERY rich, so I slice small pieces..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%