Multiple Wasc Questions Help

Decorating By jolmk Updated 23 May 2008 , 10:00am by Shola

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 13

I have made both the white and the chocolate cakes and loved them. Does anyone know if they can be marbled together? Can this cake be made as a sheet cake? If I do half recipe of each kind I will have too much batter what can I do with it? I need to make 3 12 x 18 cakes so in the end I will have a lot of batter left.

Thanks

Jo

12 replies
ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 13

Yes, they can be marbled together. I have only used WASC in round layer cakes, but I don't think there would be a problem with a sheet cake. You could use the left-over cake for cake balls.

Speaking of, I have lost my recipe for the Chocolate version and am having problems doing searches on my computer, could someone direct me to that reicpe? Thanks

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 13

You can do wasc as just about anything at all. I have made it into so many versions. Also, you can cut the recipe in half, assuming you are using the 2 box recipe?

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #4 of 13

One full recipe (2 boxes) will make one nicely filled 12x18. There's really not any reason to have batter left over. Just make a half recipe of white and a half recipe of chocolate, swirl, bake, cool, repeat. icon_smile.gif I do this with vanilla and strawberry mixes all the time.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #5 of 13

When I just want the smaller batch, instead of cutting the WASC recipe in half, I just use the 'original' WASC recipe. i love both of them.

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:20am
post #6 of 13

I am a newbie and wondering what wasc is??? I tried to look it up in the recipes, but didn't get any hits. Help!!! icon_confused.gif

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #7 of 13

Hi mgdsue02. Welcome to CC! WASC is White Almond Sour Cream. Hope this helps!

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #8 of 13

WASC is white almond sour cream cake...im 99% sure anyway lol

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #9 of 13

Many thanks!!! I will look it up now! icon_biggrin.gif

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:34am
post #10 of 13

White Almond Sour Cream Cake. Don't take the recipe too literally. It is very flexible. I use just about any flavor cake mix and different extracts. I sub liquors for the water (if a sweet liquor, cut the sugar in half), and even added peanut butter to the recipe.

I also have a system where I broke the recipe down into cups. 1/2 of a recipe makes 8 cups of batter (which uses one cake mix), so I just broke that in half etc. I can make anywhere from 2 to 12 cups of batter at a time (my mixer won't hold anymore than 12 cups). I figured out how much all of the ingredients weigh so I just put my bowl on the scale adnd throw in all the ingredients.

Then I figured out how many cups of batter each of my pans takes (mostly through trial and error). Then when I need to make an 8" cake I know I need to make 8 cups of batter. No leftover batter.

jolmk Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:35am
post #11 of 13

THANK YOU EVERYONE ! I Love CC.

I copied my from the website www.recipezaar.com it has all the variations you can make. Sorry I don't know how to make a link icon_redface.gif . Cakes I can do, computers no so much.

Jo

jolmk Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #12 of 13

Guess what I do know how to make a link icon_smile.gif.

Jo

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:00am
post #13 of 13

While we're on the WASC topic again! What are some good alcohols to sub for the water, I want to try Cranberry Vodka but I'm not sure if that would be nice, anybody done a flavoured vodka or white rum one? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%