Gum Paste Flowers Anyone Know How To....

Decorating By Chrisi Updated 7 May 2008 , 2:33am by tiptop57

Chrisi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisi Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 8

I am wanting to do a mother's day cake for my mom. She loves the flower bachelor button. I have googled a few pictures to see the flower, but have never seen one in person. I would love to make a few out of gum paste. Is there anyone out there super talented who can figure this one out with me?

7 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 8

Oh boy, that one would be difficult because of all the tiny little petals on it.... best wishes, I don't know how to do that one icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 8

The closes thing I have seen is this one at Wilton:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/bachelorbutton.cfm

Chrisi Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 8

JoAnnB---I thought of those demos but I am looking to do these flowers out of gum paste. Thanks though.

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 8

Would a small blue carnation work?

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 8

Not to hard just time consuming and rather like a mum. I'm thinking if I were to make this flower I would use three sizes of the daisy cutter and split each petal twice to make three petals out of one petal and curl them buy flipping them over and running the dogbone tool down each middle so they turn back onto your hand when holding by the stem. And I'd build up volume by make three sets of each size and using a button middle similar to a daisy. If you do not have a daisy middle mold just press some of the gumpaste into a a small mesh screen and dust with corn meal.

HTH

Chrisi Posted 6 May 2008 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 8

tiptop---Its not that I don't like the recipes. I was simply wondering if it could be done. I love those recipes. I just came across a home made marshmallow recipe and got to wondering.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:33am
post #8 of 8

Hmmm what she said scratching her head??????? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%