Mothers Day Cake

Decorating By majormichel Updated 5 May 2008 , 2:36am by kakeladi

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 4

Well, Mother's Day is on Sunday and I want to do a cake for the church ladies. Any ideas or suggest you may have will be appreciated. I am a mother myself.

3 replies
maggz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggz Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 4

martha stewart had a show On demand that i just watched... it was a mothers day sheet cake... looks great and serves 36 ppl so for me to make it for my small family would be kind of silly so when i read your post i thought it would be perfect for you.
if you go to marthastewart.com and look under baking recipes and then "mothers day sheet cake" it will bring up the recipe. 2 different recipes... one for the sheet cake and the other for the filling.
when she made it it looked great and just a wonderful cake for mothers day. i hope you try it, let me know if you do. im dieing to make it but dont have a army to eat it with lol. icon_smile.gif

[/url]

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 4

I made this Mother's Day cake. If you have know of a couple kids to come help with the project, it should turn out pretty cute.

[url] http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1216614.html [/url]
LL

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:36am
post #4 of 4

Usually anything that has lots of flowers in pinks, purples & yellow will be greately appreciated.
Cornelli lace is another technique that most women will love.
Have you gone thru the galleries? There is a section for Mother's day.
There are soooooo many ideas and you don't tell us what size/shape you need so it's hard to be more spicific.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%