Dr. Pepper Cake

Decorating By skittles2120 Updated 5 May 2008 , 2:00am by cakenewbiekgm

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a Dr. Pepper flavored cake. They also want it to look like a Dr. Pepper can. So I found some recipes for the flavored cake. I'm thinking you can just add Dr. Pepper in place of the water to a white or yellow or even chocolate cake and be good right? I really want the flavor to stand out.

But as for the design, should I do it standing up or laying down? what would be easiest and look good?

Thanks!

5 replies
donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 6

I do dr. pepper cakes with a white cake and add dr peper instead of water just like you said. It is a very good tasting cake. As far as what would be easiest as far as standing or laying down, I would say that a sheet cake with the can laying on top would probably be the easiest if you are not used to doing cakes that can stand on their own, I would use a loaf pan to do the can and then use a knife to round the can shape. Hope this helps good luck i'm sure it will turn out great.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2008 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 6

I agrree w/how to flavor the cake.....BTDT many timesicon_smile.gif
For the shape, do a 2-d by baking three 6 or 8" rounds; cut them in 1/2 & stack w/cut side on the board. You've got your round shape perfectly w/the can being 8-12" lomg. You will need a 9x13 OR 11x15 board.

skittles2120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skittles2120 Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:24am
post #4 of 6

Great. Thanks for the ideas. I appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:48am
post #5 of 6

I've been wanting to do a soda-flavored cake for a while. I don't have a recipe, but the soda-instead-of-water idea sounds cool. I know a lot of Dr. pepper recipes have chocolate in them.

If i were making this cake, I would do a bunch of 6" layers stacked up (with dowels for support) for the soda can shape, but whatever you're comfortable with is cool.

icon_smile.gif

cakenewbiekgm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbiekgm Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:00am
post #6 of 6

Do you have any friends or family in Texas? The DP museum in Waco, Texas sells a Dr. Pepper Syrup that has a great DP flavor strong than the soda and tastes great in milkshakes and with ice cream. I looked on their website to see if you could order the syrup through their website but I couldn't find it. You have to post some pictures when the cake is done - sounds very yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%