Cc Throwdown #3 Has Now Began!!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 5:06am by tonedna

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #241 of 1405

ahhh...mothers day...means...sit down..do nothing!
icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:55am
post #242 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Okay four, yes I will repeat, four tutes done today.

And eight - - - yes gang - - - another eight more tutes to finish for my absolutely fabulous Ribbon's and Lace cake TD against Couturiere!

As Zig Ziglar stated, â. . . to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.â

I know english is not my first languague...so pardon my french...
What is a tute? icon_confused.gif
icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:09am
post #243 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

tonedna.. This will be trip 25 to Disney for me !I can go 100 + more tiimes ! LOVE IT. I have been wanting to bake all day, had yard work to catch up on. Cause I played on CC to much all week ! LOL!Maybe tomorrow I can be up to MY eyeballs in sugar !

Ok...figure this number...I been going to Disney from 1990 almost every weekend all the way from fall to spring every year..I say... I am over it!... icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Wow, Edna, you must just be rolling in dough to afford that! I realize you don't have to pay for hotel fees and plane rides, but that's still gotta be pretty expensive. Those types of amusement parks are notorious for being extremely pricey!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:10am
post #244 of 1405

English is my first language. And my only one, come to think of it... icon_lol.gif Yeah, what's a tute? Is it something like a toot? Something like from a musical instrument?

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:11am
post #245 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

tonedna.. This will be trip 25 to Disney for me !I can go 100 + more tiimes ! LOVE IT. I have been wanting to bake all day, had yard work to catch up on. Cause I played on CC to much all week ! LOL!Maybe tomorrow I can be up to MY eyeballs in sugar !

Ok...figure this number...I been going to Disney from 1990 almost every weekend all the way from fall to spring every year..I say... I am over it!... icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Wow, Edna, you must just be rolling in dough to afford that! I realize you don't have to pay for hotel fees and plane rides, but that's still gotta be pretty expensive. Those types of amusement parks are notorious for being extremely pricey!

Oh you can buy a yearly pass.. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:18am
post #246 of 1405

Pardon my ignorance (the only time I was ever at that park was when I was seven years old), but how much does that pass cost?

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:21am
post #247 of 1405

Well they have a yearly pass that is over $200, it covers for parking and discounts in reataurants and stores. Then They have another one call the seasonal pass is a little bit less but they have blackout days for when the pass get busy..(wich I really dont care for going then anyways). That one has the discounts on restaurants but doesnt include the parking!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:26am
post #248 of 1405

Thanks, Edna. I'm hoping to take the family there in about two years or so. Since my little one will be three in September I want to wait until she can enjoy it a bit more, although my oldest is beginning to complain since he'll be twelve in December. Decisions, decisions...........

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:03am
post #249 of 1405

yes Grace is best to wait so they can enjoy more!
icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 5 May 2008 , 11:15am
post #250 of 1405

Good Monday Mornin to all..... Edna, my folks lived in Orlando when Disney first opened there; my dd (now 37) also went on a regular basis.. then when we lived in Ca, and my gs was born (now 6) we all got passes and went to Disneyland almost every week... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif funny how life repeats itself.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Tute = tutorial (step by step instructions) icon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:04pm
post #251 of 1405

Edna.. All I can say to that is your SO LUCKY !!!! icon_lol.gif Your living my dream to be in Disney that often !!I have been there that often and I have to dr from Ind to do it ! icon_wink.gif I will never be over it ! MICKEY is the MAN !!! icon_redface.gif OK ...Back to the TD ! SORRY ! I get side tracked ! icon_sad.gif

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:46pm
post #252 of 1405

Good Morning ya all!!!
*waves Hi*
I bet you this Laura..My son will be taking his children to Disney everyweek to.. He loves Disney just like his father..I just get too tired..I have lupus and usually after I finish a week of wedding i just wanna crash!.. This week...I was just plain lazy!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I agree fiddlesticks..Mickey is the man...I do feel I am lucky to live here. I just dont want to go to Disney every weekend..

fiddlesticks Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:55pm
post #253 of 1405

Have I 4got to add Im going the end of may !!!!! Yahoooooooooo

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:56pm
post #254 of 1405

Sweet!....It is a great trip...i gotta say that!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:01pm
post #255 of 1405
Quote:
Quote:

English is my first language. And my only one, come to think of it... Yeah, what's a tute? Is it something like a toot? Something like from a musical instrument?

Good morning everyone, sorry about the shorthand, tute = tutorial. My ribbons and lace will have 12 tutes. party.gif

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:04pm
post #256 of 1405

As long as the cake comes with a class we will be happy tip top...icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:18pm
post #257 of 1405

Edna when do you go back to work???????? LOL

tonedna Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:19pm
post #258 of 1405

next week!....icon_smile.gif.....dont get jealous!....I am going to a 12 wedding week that week!
lol

wgoat5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:34pm
post #259 of 1405

Ohh MY GOODNESS... well that would be a heart attack for me for sure!!!!

Take another week LOL

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:43pm
post #260 of 1405

I have never witnessed a Throw down before, but it sounds enticing! icon_wink.gif Anyways, when do the cakes come out?? Will yawl post them on this thread?? Me and my daughter wake up every morning checking CC all blurry eyed to see who will win!!! P.S. I want to go to Disney World....are you guys paying?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:51pm
post #261 of 1405
Quote:
Quote:

Good morning everyone, sorry about the shorthand, tute = tutorial.

Actually, it would be great if TD members could post something they learned or tried with their cakes (unless I missed this in the TD rules). Even if it is just a sentence or two about something...I think many of us would really appreciate that... icon_rolleyes.gif

wgoat5 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:22pm
post #262 of 1405

That would have to happen AFTER the voting.. hence voting blindly... nobody will know who's cake is who's to be fair (except the poster of the cakes of course but we aren't allowed to vote)

CakesByLJ Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:31pm
post #263 of 1405
Quote:

next week!....icon_smile.gif.....dont get jealous!....I am going to a 12 wedding week that week!
lol

omg Edna... how do you have the stamina to do all that with lupus? <hugs, I am sorry to hear that>

CakesByLJ Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #264 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah-na

I have never witnessed a Throw down before, but it sounds enticing! icon_wink.gif Anyways, when do the cakes come out?? Will yawl post them on this thread?? Me and my daughter wake up every morning checking CC all blurry eyed to see who will win!!! P.S. I want to go to Disney World....are you guys paying?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The schedule for the TD is posted on the first page of this thread... check it out.. <waving to your daughter> icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:24pm
post #265 of 1405

Good morning, all! So that's what tutes are! icon_lol.gif I thought you were bringing out the trumpets to announce your arrival! icon_lol.gif Hence my question regarding the spelling "toot"? and whether or not it came from a musical instrument. icon_biggrin.gif

Edna, I'm sorry to hear that you have Lupus. Does it affect you in any other way besides being zonked out after all the cakeks?

Christi, your stacking cake came out great.

BTW, I got to attend our first meeting of the NJ Cake Club yesterday. We had a terrific time. Just wish my commute had been terrific as well. It was suppose to be a 45 minute drive each way according to mapquest, but I think the directions were off a bit. Got a little lost going there and it took closer to an hour to get there and coming home I got very lost and the nice man who accidentally rear-ended me at a stop sign was nice enough to show me how to get to the Garden State Parkway. Once there I called my DH to find out how to get home. lol It was an adventure and I got a rose and a rose bud out of it (as well as a lot of new friends)! lol Oh, I made it home in about an hour and forty minutes!

Oh yeah, no damage to me and just a very slight scratch to my...er...DH's bumper (I was driving his car).

fiddlesticks Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:23pm
post #266 of 1405

Sugar_Plum_Fairy way to take your hubby,s car on the rd trip just in case ! LOL! Sorry for all the trouble but glad you had a nice time !

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:45pm
post #267 of 1405

Well we have the minivan (registered to my hubby) that I use daily as I have the three kids, and the four door sedan which hubby takes to the train station and uses regularly (but somehow we registered under my name). Being that he was home with the kids yesterday, I took the car and left him the van.

Funny the way things work out. Of course the car is only two years old! And the van is already seven, so guess which one I'd love to replace. lol

tiptop57 Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:04pm
post #268 of 1405

Oh Couturiere, come out, come out wherever you are, you are no fun, quit hiding. Donât be afraid of me just because Iâm going to win!

Yepperâs totally cocky, because I am the Ribbons and Lace Queen! princess.gifShe turns and struts out the thread door.

CakesByLJ Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:04pm
post #269 of 1405

Oh no... Grace, I'm sorry about hubby's car, but glad to hear that you were not injured. Cake Club's are great, I know you will benefit from being a part of it....

tiptop57 Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:15pm
post #270 of 1405

Hey Couturiere, here is some of my left over Ribbons and Lace junk I'm throwing out, do you need anything before I pitch it?
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%