Cc Throwdown #3 Has Now Began!!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 5:06am by tonedna

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 7 May 2008 , 1:42pm
post #331 of 1405

*waving to Grace* who is busy with her TD cake... *waving to Christi* who is baking again... *waving to Edna* who is supposed to be "working" today.. but I secretly suspect that she is going to find the muse at tiptop57's blog....

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 7 May 2008 , 1:56pm
post #332 of 1405

Hey Couturiere........

......here's a delightful thought for you today - from your competitor icon_wink.gif ....
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_twisted.gif she's bad uh huh, uh huh icon_twisted.gificon_cool.gif

Come out, come out wherever you are, come a play with me..........
LL

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:50pm
post #333 of 1405

i like you tip top...your funny.. icon_lol.gif
*passing by waving to all the girls, saying Good day*...I am off to go make a purse...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 7 May 2008 , 9:39pm
post #334 of 1405

Sugar plum fairy - its a pleasure
I love reading all the tTD talk - lol
You guys make my day a little - no a lot brighter - lol

I wish you all luck, and cant wait to start voting!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:49am
post #335 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by janine1972

Sugar plum fairy - its a pleasure
I love reading all the tTD talk - lol
You guys make my day a little - no a lot brighter - lol

I wish you all luck, and cant wait to start voting!!

I can't wait to be finished with the cake!! I hope my nerves hold out til the end. Martha's absence is starting to make me very nervous. She's probably taking a trip to the carribean to study the ocean a little more closely!! icon_eek.gif

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:56am
post #336 of 1405

Aww Grace...you'll do fine...Dont let the quiet girls
mess with your phsyque
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:43am
post #337 of 1405

Just think like this, she is hiding trying to come up with something to beat you. She running scared lol. Sorry i havent been on much today ladies, there is a serious sink hole going on in a town not 10 miles from me so i have been glued to that story all day.

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #338 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhitman18

Just think like this, she is hiding trying to come up with something to beat you. She running scared lol. Sorry i havent been on much today ladies, there is a serious sink hole going on in a town not 10 miles from me so i have been glued to that story all day.

I hate sink holes!...I icon_lol.gif prefer to be glued here!...

Batter-UpBakery Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:47am
post #339 of 1405

lol me too. the thing started at 10 this morning and has already become over 300 ft deep and about 3/4 mile wide or something. kinda scary knowing that one day the ground could just collapse around us.

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:50am
post #340 of 1405

I live in FLorida..They happen here too... I never thought that was possible until I started living in here..

tiptop57 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:06am
post #341 of 1405

Sugar_Plum_Fairy:

Don't be afraid. I'm thinking it is like they are a kid in their freshman year in college when they think they don't need to study for finals just party.............of course then reality hits and you are caught foreven in a photo with your face covered in cake. Brahahahaha icon_twisted.gif

(Ladyhitman18: On another note we Minnesotans call our sink holes potholes does your bad boy have teeth, ours do!icon_biggrin.gif )

Batter-UpBakery Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:07am
post #342 of 1405

Oh i know, I've seen them happen other places in the country, but never this close to home. Now i am prolly gonna be up all night watching for updates on it. Oh well, i need to bake some cookies and finish some cakes tonight anyways

Batter-UpBakery Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:12am
post #343 of 1405

lol i dont know about teeth, but it has one heck of an appetite, i was just reading that its taken out some 18 wheelers, tractors big tanks some buildings. the list goes on and on.

on to another note. Im glad that atleast yall have decided to keep posting to let us know your still here lol. wonder where the others are hiding

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #344 of 1405

trying to run by but soooo tired * waving * gotta keep baking gotta keep baking... hopefully will get to chat tomorrow icon_sad.gif

off to bake some more... only 5 left

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:52am
post #345 of 1405

Oh thats why you been glued to it...In here sinkholes are very common..

Hi Christi...Good luck with the five!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:13am
post #346 of 1405

Yea the last time one happened around here was in the 50s or 60s. Wow Christi you must have alot to do. Good luck getting them finished

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:01am
post #347 of 1405

Just dropping by to say hello! Thanks for all the encouragement, Ladies. I hope you're all right. When they get quiet like this I really feel like I'm being set up for something big. icon_surprised.gif

Hopefully I'll have a good cake week and get this cake done in the next couple of days or so. Can't wait to complete it now.

Well, back to work table. I've got a bit more to do before I call it a night.

Ta ta for now!

tiptop57 Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:27pm
post #348 of 1405

Hey Couturiere...............................I heard though the grapevine you might be coping this Redneck Twinkie Wedding Cake for our Ribbons and Lace TD. Welllllllll sista, remember it doesn't have any lace, because you left the unraveled mess on page 19 of this thread. And this is a competition and not the State Fair hoe-down. Copycats never win. The only way you will get that blue ribbon pan on page 20 is by creating a "New" amazing design and by making it prettier than mine and that's not gonna happen. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_twisted.gif she's bad, uh huh, uh huh. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
LL

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:57pm
post #349 of 1405

Good morning icon_smile.gif

I haven't had a chance to visit this week...crazy busy at my day job..but I missed you all and the smack talk!! Tiptop is landing the punches left and right...but couturiere may be waiting for the final rounds to make her moves icon_biggrin.gif

Grace you'll do great no fear icon_lol.gif

See ya....have a great day of caking ** waving **

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:21pm
post #350 of 1405

lol tip top...I wonder who created that cake...I tell you this..my son would love that...haha..
Hi Lori...nice to see you around....

lorijom Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:57pm
post #351 of 1405

Hi Edna...assume that the purse turned out spectacularly yesterday, of course "the boss" wanted only the best icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Just flying through...gotta go find somebody a million dollars **waving bye**

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:02pm
post #352 of 1405
fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #353 of 1405

tonedna... OMG !!! That purse is just PERFECT !!! You sure thats cake ??? LOL! Beautiful work ,what kind of cake is it ?

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:15pm
post #354 of 1405

It was a black forest cake fiddlesticks!..Filled with cherry mousse..yummy

lorijom Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:43pm
post #355 of 1405

Edna that cake is fabulous icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

I may have to take a few classes from you the next time I'm in Florida...I've been decorating for 34 years but just started working with fondant in September and it's a big change. icon_confused.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #356 of 1405

Wow, Edna, ya wanna do my TD cake??! Oh my goodness, that is so amazing! (You do know I'm speaking about your purse cake, right?) icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:06pm
post #357 of 1405

Thanks Grace...I might have to do another one...grr...lol. I know you will do a great cake Grace!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:20pm
post #358 of 1405

If you have nothing to do and get bored, wanna make up a tutorial for me, including the black forest cake recipe (my DH's favorite)? I'd love to make the cake for his tastebuds and for me to practice. Obviously it's not going to be done within the next two weeks though. lol

Wish I could take a class, or ten, from you!

tonedna Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:25pm
post #359 of 1405

lol...Grace...black forest is just a chocolate cake with cherry liquor in it and cherry filling. I did a cherry mousse filling...it was yummy!
icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 8 May 2008 , 7:26pm
post #360 of 1405

Sugar_Plum_Fairy ...what a great idea !a tutorial from tonedna.. Me to please !!! Thats the most perfect purse ! Since you have to maybe do another one any way A picture tutorial would be wonderful !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%