Choco-Pan Rolled Icing***what Is It???

Decorating By Bugs-Mommy Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm by endymion

Bugs-Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bugs-Mommy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, so while shopping for products for a wedding cake I am doing, I stumbled upon this fondant like stuff called choco-pan rolled icing. I have never heard of it, and ordered it to cover the whole cake in.... risky I know... just want to know if anyone has ever heard of or used this kind of icing before... and what it tastes like... the website said it is better than fondant and it covers more with less. What do you all think...????

9 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 10

It is like a mixture of fondant and candy clay. tastes great and works very similar to fondant. Some people can roll it thinner for application.

Bugs-Mommy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks, feel better already. so, if I were to "glue" candy to it (balls to be precise) it would stick just like it would to fondant...??

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 10

It should. If you have real problems with it holding, a little royal icing should do the trick,

Bugs-Mommy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks very much... This is my very first wedding cake, and you have eased my nerves, a little anyways. icon_wink.gif Thanks again...

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 10

It tastes wonderful! I've never had anyone peel it off like they did other fondant.

Bugs-Mommy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 10

that is great to know, cuz the bride had another baker tell her that she shouldn't let me do that cuz people will peel it off cuz its nasty (about regular fondant) and I told her that different people have different preferences when it comes to that stuff. I will certainly be telling her that... about people not peeling it off... thanks... icon_wink.gif

Bugs-Mommy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 9:27pm
post #8 of 10

that is great to know, cuz the bride had another baker tell her that she shouldn't let me do that cuz people will peel it off cuz its nasty (about regular fondant) and I told her that different people have different preferences when it comes to that stuff. I will certainly be telling her that... about people not peeling it off... thanks... icon_wink.gif

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 10

I just bought some myself for my nieces communion cake. I got it at a cake show this weekend and they had samples. I HATE the taste of wilton fondant and dont care for MMF either really, but the Choco Pan, I thought, tasted delicious.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 10

I think Choco-pan is made with white chocolate, and tastes very nice. I find it a little harder to work with than regular fondant, but maybe that's just cuz I am used to regular, and have more practice with it. I am sometimes hesitant to use it because of possible chocolate allergies, tho.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%