How About A Thread To Seriously Discuss Making Cupcakes?????

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 11 Dec 2020 , 12:18pm by -K8memphis

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:22am
post #271 of 11579

Sorry Mel
Got a big kick out of your post. I am really not sorry but all these ideas really make you want a big dose of chocolate. I also stopped at the DQ this morning and on my way back, I just had to try McDonalds new iced Mocha. That takes care of me for the next month!!!!! In my next life, I am going to be a really skinny, gorgeous woman who can eat all the chocolate she wants without gaining a pound. God I hate those kind of people but I figure they are secretly smoking their brains out to keep skinny, and they will end up at the pearly gates long before me. Granted, I will need help up those steps because of my weight, but it sure was good when it was going down!!!!!
Lily

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:28am
post #272 of 11579

lilybird That is soooo funny ! I have a son like that ( 30,s ) can eat and eat and never gaines an ounce ! He has a flat tummy any female would die for ! I just think about any food and gain! GRRRRRRRR!!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:32am
post #273 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybird

Sorry Mel
Got a big kick out of your post. I am really not sorry but all these ideas really make you want a big dose of chocolate. I also stopped at the DQ this morning and on my way back, I just had to try McDonalds new iced Mocha. That takes care of me for the next month!!!!! In my next life, I am going to be a really skinny, gorgeous woman who can eat all the chocolate she wants without gaining a pound. God I hate those kind of people but I figure they are secretly smoking their brains out to keep skinny, and they will end up at the pearly gates long before me. Granted, I will need help up those steps because of my weight, but it sure was good when it was going down!!!!!
Lily

I can't stand it icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif that is sooooo funny, and so true... I also say that there is a skinny woman inside me screaming to get out... but I keep her sedated with chocolate... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:16am
post #274 of 11579

*lurker on thread*

But I just laughed so hard I about tinkled LMAO

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #275 of 11579

Ok, alright... I see I am the ONLY one here psycho enough to do it... SO I WILL!!!!

Just remember, you guys asked for it. I do this only for posterity!

Step 1: Shove violently

Step 2: Enjoy

You'll note the second pic is a little out of focus... all that chocolate makes me shake! icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:45am
post #276 of 11579

I love it! All this time I thought I didn't know how to eat cupcakes....turns out I was doing it the right way the whole time.

Thank you for that very helpful photo.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:50am
post #277 of 11579

OMG!!! THATS SOOOOOOOO FUNNY ! THE 1ST PIC DOES LOOK PSYCHO !!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ! Did you make enough to share ! icon_cry.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:54am
post #278 of 11579

Wondering why you would show yourself eating a cuppy cake... when I am over here STARVING TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:00am
post #279 of 11579

There was a dare made... I can rarely resist a dare!! And I was dying after reading about and seeing all these other entries!!

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:05am
post #280 of 11579

oh my gosh! That is the funnies thing ever!! Thank you for educating all of us how to eat a cupcake! I am also glad to know i was eating them correctly! The only pic i would add would be me rubbing my belly-- but then all of you would think i was pregnant!! hehe!

you guys are great!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:43am
post #281 of 11579

Those pics are great!!!I am so glad someone started this thread.I am new here and you guys are great.Sharing techniques,recipes,photos I am glad I found this site,BUT I think I have gained 10 pounds since this post started!! icon_wink.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:43am
post #282 of 11579

My son just said, "Why is that lady shoving a cupcake in her face?" We just laughed so hard! Melvira you are BEAUTIFULicon_smile.gif

Paula

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:50am
post #283 of 11579

Peardream please share the blueberry cupcake recipe. I love blueberry!!!
They look fantastic.
Melonie

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #284 of 11579

You are TOO COOL, Melvira!

Thanks SO much for sharing your pictures!

I can not tell you all how much I NEED to bake, decorate and EAT cupcakes right now!

Melvira Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:17am
post #285 of 11579

And I can't tell you how badly I need a footrub and a stretchier pair of pants!! And now the baby is hyper. Apparently he likes sugar too! icon_wink.gif

Paula... I'm full of hormones right now... saying nice things like that will get you on my 'People I Love' list quite fast!!! icon_wink.gif

And how on EARTH did I miss someone mentioning blueberry cupcakes??? GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE!!! YUM!!!

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:17am
post #286 of 11579

Hahahaha! Silly girls!

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:21am
post #287 of 11579

Ohmagosh - my head is about to explode with all the ideas! I have the holy grail of chocolate cupcake recipes to share...but first I have to make sure there aren't any other seattle cupcake shops/bakers on here... icon_cool.gif
LOL

The moistest chocolate cupcakes I've ever made:

1 stick butter
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
2 cups unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Combine oil, butter, cocoa & water in sauce pan. Heat until butter melts and cocoa is completely dissolved.

Combine flour, baking soda, sugar, milk, eggs & vanilla in mixer bowl. Mix until incorporated - add chocolate mixture and mix again.

Pour into cupcake liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes.

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:05am
post #288 of 11579

Thanks Melivira! That would be a great list to be onicon_smile.gif We had an earthquake wave go through here about 4:20 this morning...anybody got an earthquake cupcake recipe? Everybody in my house woke up...and then couldn't go back to sleep! Happy Friday!

CakesByLJ Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:49pm
post #289 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhienn

Ohmagosh - my head is about to explode with all the ideas! I have the holy grail of chocolate cupcake recipes to share...but first I have to make sure there aren't any other seattle cupcake shops/bakers on here... icon_cool.gif
LOL

How many cupcakes does this make? and how much batter for each cupcake? thanks....

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:11pm
post #290 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok, alright... I see I am the ONLY one here psycho enough to do it... SO I WILL!!!!

Just remember, you guys asked for it. I do this only for posterity!

Step 1: Shove violently

Step 2: Enjoy

You'll note the second pic is a little out of focus... all that chocolate makes me shake! icon_lol.gif

Mel,

OMG, I really needed that good laugh this morning, now I know what I look like when I am eating cupcakes. icon_lol.gif You ever thought of modeling for the Cupcake world?? icon_confused.gif

LilyBird, thanks for letting us know you tried the Parfait Cupcake idea, now I know for sure I want to make some!!

Dawn

Melvira Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:47pm
post #291 of 11579

As a matter of fact, I am willing to rent myself out to you guys... for a very nominal fee I will pose with your cupcake! Please use the email link on my profile to set up your photographic session!! This month only... 2 for one! I will pose with 2 flavors for the same low price!! icon_lol.gif Dang, I need a hobby!

Earthquake CupCakes

1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. coconut
¾ c. chocolate chips
½ c. butter
1 t. vanilla
8 oz. cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar
1 chocolate cake mix plus ingredients on box (DO NOT DOCTOR!!)

Preheat Oven: 350°

Directions: Sprinkle nuts and coconut on bottom of greased cupcake pan.(Or useliners) Mix cake mix as directed on box, (doctored cake mix will not work, it will not bake properly) pour over nuts and coconut. Mix butter, vanilla, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth and drop in spoonfuls over the batter, then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake until set. Delish!!

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:08pm
post #292 of 11579

[quote="Melvira"]As a matter of fact, I am willing to rent myself out to you guys... for a very nominal fee I will pose with your cupcake! Please use the email link on my profile to set up your photographic session!! This month only... 2 for one! I will pose with 2 flavors for the same low price!! icon_lol.gif Dang, I need a hobby! [quote]

Now who will model the 3rd flavor for me?? LOL I am definatly going to have to try the Earthquake Cupcakes !! Thanks for the recipe!!

Dawn

Melvira Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:29pm
post #293 of 11579

Oh you're welcome... and I will certainly model as many flavors as you desire, you just get the second one free. I suppose I'd even do two for one for as many flavors as you'd like! icon_wink.gif

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:38pm
post #294 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmw

Thanks Melivira! That would be a great list to be onicon_smile.gif We had an earthquake wave go through here about 4:20 this morning...anybody got an earthquake cupcake recipe? Everybody in my house woke up...and then couldn't go back to sleep! Happy Friday!

Pjmw... where about in Illi are you???? I'm about an hour and a half from Chicago. I didn't feel it but I heard about it.

Mel those cupcakes sound great!!! OHHHH to many cuppie recipes so little time!!!!!!!

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:41pm
post #295 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

LOL

How many cupcakes does this make? and how much batter for each cupcake? thanks....

Makes about 2 dozen regulars and about four hundred million minis. icon_eek.gif

I use a #16 scoop for my regulars (regular ice cream scoop) and a #24 sized (like the cookie scoop size) for the minis.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #296 of 11579

My word! I'm not getting ANY notices! Melvira, those pics made me laugh...the first looked like you were shoving so hard your eyes were popping out. Great of you to do that and make our day!

lilybird, that was homemade marshmallow on top.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/candyrecipes/r/bldes60.htm

a minute or so after adding the vanilla, add your color. Let it beat until it is lukewarm. Scoop into piping bag fitted with chosen tip(this must be done before it cools completely but I think I should've waited a little bit longer so I could've had a nice build up)

If it sets up in your bag...um...it won't squeeze out...you could possibly nuke it for a few secs if you don't have a decorating tip on it....haven't tried that though.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:31pm
post #297 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh you're welcome... and I will certainly model as many flavors as you desire, you just get the second one free. I suppose I'd even do two for one for as many flavors as you'd like! icon_wink.gif

I personally hope some submits some Hi-Hats to you. That's some cupcake modeling I'd love to see! icon_razz.gif

And holy moly with those Earthquake Cupcakes! Where's my coconut...

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:46pm
post #298 of 11579

Melvira..... your photo is classic, however if you want to go pro with this, I think you need a portfolio. Before hiring you, I would want to see you demonstrating, the Hi-Hats, ooey gooey filled, chunky nut embilished, midnight black frosting, and maybe some topped with gumpaste figures. I would like to see the "up the nose" technique and "bite out of the center".

all4cake..... when using your marshmallow topping, how long do you have before it starts to set up? I have a cupcake I make with a piped on bear on top (made from buttercream), I freeze it and then dip in melted chocolate. I would love to make the bear from marshmallow to dip. Would I have enough time to make 24 bears before it set up? (I work pretty fast) Also, is it firm enough to pipe with it? Thank you.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:05pm
post #299 of 11579

I'm not sure if it would work...It works in molds, either chocolate molds that have been sprayed with a release agent or molds made of powdered sugar and cornstarch(mix the two, 1/2 fill a 1/2 sheet cake pan with it, use objects to make impressions in it, then fill with warm marshmallow mixture)

I piped the cupcakes with a 1M tip...it puddled as shown in pics.

I've never timed the set up time for it though.

CakesByLJ Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #300 of 11579
Quote:

Makes about 2 dozen regulars and about four hundred million minis. icon_eek.gif

I use a #16 scoop for my regulars (regular ice cream scoop) and a #24 sized (like the cookie scoop size) for the minis.[/quote]

Oh.. thank you thank you... I will try them icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%