How About A Thread To Seriously Discuss Making Cupcakes?????

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 11 Dec 2020 , 12:18pm by -K8memphis

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:53pm
post #241 of 11579

I am ready to make cupcakes now too....and I am really anxious to eat them. I will make some with tall tops and some flat and some crunchy, then I can try all of the very helpful suggestions on how to eat them. I think I may wear nose plugs though when using that technique.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:02pm
post #242 of 11579

Someone...please, oh please create one with apples and caramel and crumb ...like a Krispy Kreme apple crumb doughnut!

hmmmmmm...

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm
post #243 of 11579

Oh, my..that does sound good. I have a Caramel Appletini Cupcake...divine...bad, oh so bad...hahahahahahaha

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:23pm
post #244 of 11579

You have the cupcake, the recipe, or both? Care to share the cupcake, the recipe, or both? icon_smile.gif)

thedessertdiva Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:33pm
post #245 of 11579

I really need to get off this site and run down to the corner store and buy some batteries for my camera so i can take some pictures of my cupcakes...lol

I have made a few different cupcakes these past few days:

*Whiskey Sour Cupcakes with JD Frosting
*Maple Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Mallow Cream Frosting
*Root Beer Float Cupcakes with a Root beer Glaze and a Vanilla Butter cream Frosting
*Appletini Cupcakes with a Golden Caramel Frosting
*Pound Cake Cupcakes with fresh Strawberry Filling and Lemon Cream Frosting

I will post pictures soon and I will post recipes when I have a moment of silence...(3 yr old sone running about in background)

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:44pm
post #246 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

I really need to get off this site and run down to the corner store and buy some batteries for my camera so i can take some pictures of my cupcakes...lol

*Root Beer Float Cupcakes with a Root beer Glaze and a Vanilla Butter cream Frosting

I will post pictures soon and I will post recipes when I have a moment of silence...(3 yr old sone running about in background)

OMG you have GOT to post these recipes! Please?!?

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:05pm
post #247 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny727

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

OMG you have GOT to post these recipes! Please?!?

I second that request!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

thedessertdiva Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:13pm
post #248 of 11579

Ok, Lets see...I'll post as many as I can get in before the wild banche comes a runnin in the room...lol

Use your favorite White Cake mix (or scratch recipe) and follow directions on box. Instead of water use 1 cup Sweet and Sour Mix and 1/3 Cup Tripple Sec. Fill cupcakes liners 2/3 way full and bake for 20 min at 325. Cool cakes on racks and while still warm, pour simple syrup over cakes (or be daring and pur Triple Sec over cakes.
For the frosting: use 20 oz softened butter, 32 oz of powdered sugar, 2-4 Tsp Jack Daniels (if you want a mild frosting, replace 2 tsp of whiskey with 2 tsp vanilla) and 2 tsp hot water. Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add JD and water and mix about 3 min until fluffy and creamy. Pipe in cupcakes.

Use your favorite White cake Mix (or scratch recipe) and follow directions on box, replacing liquid with 1/3 cup of vodka and 1/3 cup of apple pucker the remainder of liquid can be either water or 7-up. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 way full and bake for 20 min at 325. Cool cakes on rack.
For the frosting: Open a can of Sweetened condensed milk and pour into double boiler over simmering water. simmer until thick and caramel color (about an hour or so), so you can do this while you are preparing cupcakes. Let cool once thick. Stir to keep it creamy. Use your favorite buttercream recipe and add carmel to it. Mix well and pipe over cupcakes. For garnis, use candied lime peel.

I'll post more later on...

Enjoy!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:30pm
post #249 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by frstech

Hey Mel,

That was my first thought too, so I was wondering , do you think we could put a few peanuts between the layers of frosting then dip in chocolate and have a Peanut Buster Parfait Cupcake?? YUMMMMM

Dawn

Guuuhhhh... flaaahhhh... mugguh mugguh... shuu, shuu, huuuuuuuuh.

YOU...ARE...SO...EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (When are we making this?)

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #250 of 11579

Does anyone have the Peanutbutter Blast at your DQ ?? Its a layer of hot fudge then caramel then ice cream , the more hot fudge an caramel and ice cream I believe its layered 3x then the whipped topping and nuts and a cherry on top ! I skip the cherry when Im on a diet ! LOL! That sounds like a cupcake to me !

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:59pm
post #251 of 11579

Duh !!! I forgot to add the layers of peanutbutter in between with the layers of hot fudge and caramel! I guess I got so excited just talking about it !! Its one of my fav,s !

Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:36am
post #252 of 11579

I have never used fillings, but would love to try some. Does anyone have any filling recipes they wouldn't mind sharing that they just absolutely love. I have never eaten cake or cupcakes with filling and I can't wait to try some. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:43am
post #253 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Children

I have never used fillings, but would love to try some. Does anyone have any filling recipes they wouldn't mind sharing that they just absolutely love. I have never eaten cake or cupcakes with filling and I can't wait to try some. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Seriously, try the easiest filling on earth... Bettercreme with some flavoring in it! It's easy, it's light, and it's delish!! Blows the mind!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:18am
post #254 of 11579

dessertdiva,
OMG, drink it or eat it....mmmmmm.....sounds delicious!
I definately will try one of these this weekend. I'll babysit if you post the rest of the recipes!!!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:45am
post #255 of 11579

You guys should go to www.flickr.com and type in cupcakes and hit the most interesting optio.There are some of the most amazingly decorated cupcakes I have seen! icon_wink.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #256 of 11579

tenleysmommy

That is amazing. I never knew there were so many cupcake ideas. I am just overwhelmed.

Melody25 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:30am
post #257 of 11579

Vodka and pucker in a cupcake... oh. my. cupcake!!!!!! Yum! Hmmm I have Tequila and Strawberry Margarita mix in the fridge... i think I might just have to experiment....

thedessertdiva Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:05am
post #258 of 11579

Ok... icon_mad.gif Everytime I try to submit a new recipe to the recipe section...the page times out...UGH!!

So I will post them here. Copy paste people...lol

Root Beer Float cupcake
White Cake Mix mix
Replace ALL liquid with Root Beer (I use Thomas Kemper)
1 Tsp Root Beer Concentrate
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil.
Mix all together. Fill liners 2/3 way full. Cook 20 min at 325. Cool on rack.
Root Beer Glaze:
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup root beer
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp veg oil
In bowl, mix all together until smooth. Poor over warm root beer cupcakes. Top with Vanilla Buttercream

Maple Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Mallow Cream Frosting
Chocolate Cake mix
follow directions on box. Add 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup. Cook for 21 min at 325. Cool on rack.
Peanut Butter Filling:
4 oz butter
1 Cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp whole milk.
Cream sugar and butter. Add peanut butter and mix well. Add milk. Beat for 3 min. Core hole into cupcakes, pipe filling in. Top with Marshmallow Frosting.
20 oz butter
32 oz powdered sugar
7 oz mallow cream
2 tsp marshmallow flavoring (or vanilla)
4 tsp hot water.
Cream butter and sugar. Add mallow cream. Add flavors and water. Beat for 5 min. Top cupcakes. Sprinlke over frosting, chopped pretzles or add a nice pretzel rod to cupcake for finishing touch.

enjoy!

vickymacd Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:53am
post #259 of 11579

Just be careful on that site....I checked out a couple of recipes only to read all the comments on the blog part and a LOT of the cupcakes people said they just took a pic of them but the taste was awful!! So if you want one of the recipes, make sure you read the comment part as well! Some people had horror stories on the taste!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:57pm
post #260 of 11579

Vicky - which site?

Inquiring minds....

vickymacd Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:06pm
post #261 of 11579

Sue,
This site: www.flickr.com

It has great looking cupcakes, but when I read the comments for the recipes some of them said how they tasted gross or people doctored the pictures, or the recipe isn't what the pic is.
Just always have to read comments or the recipe to see if it makes sense. The people on that cupcake post were very honest!!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:34pm
post #262 of 11579

Ahhh....I actually don't use too many recipes off the internet, other than from epicurious. I can usually find what I want in my own cookbook library icon_smile.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:25pm
post #263 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by frstech

Hey Mel,

That was my first thought too, so I was wondering , do you think we could put a few peanuts between the layers of frosting then dip in chocolate and have a Peanut Buster Parfait Cupcake?? YUMMMMM

Dawn

Guuuhhhh... flaaahhhh... mugguh mugguh... shuu, shuu, huuuuuuuuh.

YOU...ARE...SO...EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (When are we making this?)

HEY, I resemble that remark !!! LOL Well, Mel, my mother just got out of the hospital today, so I imagine I will be busy with her, but maybe I can make some in the next week or so and let you know how they turned out.

Dawn

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #264 of 11579

This is a great thread!

If anyone is going to Vegas or lives in Vegas, you need to check out Retro Bakery. The flavors look like they are to die for! The website is www.retrobakerylv.com .
The owner also has a blog where she posted the trials and tribulations of opening up the bakery and now being in business.

I love making cupcakes. The ideas for flavor combinations are endless! My most recent cupcake creation was a vanilla cake filled w/ blueberry/cream cheese or strawberry cream cheese, topped with lemon glaze and topped w/ a piece of fruit. I'll try to post a pic or two...[/img]
LL
LL

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:13pm
post #265 of 11579

All4Cake---would you share the recipe for the marshmallow covered cupcake in your pictures. It really looks pretty and so shiny. Sorry, I am the one who started this and isn't it just fun. I think we should start a diet club in conjunction with this----I can feel the pounds just piling on!!!

I did the hi-hats today with chocolate cake in the ice cream cones and they looked just like the Dairy Queens. After reading the thread, I filled them with chocolate ganache and chopped peanuts before doing the top part. They really were a hit for the quilters group. Somebody said they felt like a kid again!!!

I saw a really fabulous cupcake book at Barnes and NOble but was in too big a hurry to copy the name and authors. I have to go back tomorrow so will get the info. It was just full of one neat idea after another, although I don't know why I would need anymore ideas. It will take forever just to do all the ones on this thread.

Thanks everyone for this great thread.
Lily (Karen)

Melvira Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:39pm
post #266 of 11579

Lilybird!!!! I could just SLAP you for posting that!!! I hope you are proud of yourself... I had to go to Dairy Queen today, and thought I did so well just getting a really small ice cream cone dipped in choc... but now I'm gonna have to go back for the parfait!! DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT!!!!!!! You know I love you, right?? icon_lol.gif

And those recipes have been copied and pasted Ms. Diva!! Right into a Word doc that will become a favorite of mine, I am sure!! YAY!!

tenleysmommy Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:06pm
post #267 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

Sue,
This site: www.flickr.com

It has great looking cupcakes, but when I read the comments for the recipes some of them said how they tasted gross or people doctored the pictures, or the recipe isn't what the pic is.
Just always have to read comments or the recipe to see if it makes sense. The people on that cupcake post were very honest!!

I do agree with the comments part.I only look just for the decorations.I thought they had some great stuff.I have even read some that say the cupcakes are just dummy cupcakes.Fake icing and everything.I don't think I could spend all that time decorating a cupcake and not eat one! icon_wink.gif

Melody25 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:25pm
post #268 of 11579

OK We have my Peanut Butter cupcakes with Chocolate Marshmellow glaze with Sprinkles and then Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Mocha cupcakes with Chocolate IMBC
LL
LL

tenleysmommy Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:30pm
post #269 of 11579

Chocolate Marshmallow Glaze!PLEASE SHARE!Marshmallow is my favorite. icon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:11am
post #270 of 11579

They sound delicious !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%