An Angry Note To The Angry Cc-Ers...

Decorating By shisharka Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 5:11am by Curtsmin24

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 45

âRumorsâ? Ultimatums? Time Frames? Demands for âhonestyâ? Blames of âunethicalâ behavior? On a free, completely voluntary website, which just happens to be a wealth of information and resources?! All these threads that have been going on for the last few days are just soooo destructiveâ¦

I vowed to not to perpetuate the pointless discussions, but unfortunately I couldnât help it. If anything, these threads contribute to the overload of servers with irrelevant bits of information â sorry, Iâm just going to be guilty of it right now, too⦠So what if the site has been down?! It has been under a major upgrade â and no offence, but it takes just a touch longer than baking and decorating a cake⦠Do people even attempt to comprehend the amount of data and traffic it needs to handle, 24/7? The site is a victim of its popularity! It is not a piece of cake, no pun intended. I go to CC, itâs down, I move on to do something else. If anything, while itâs down, I know it is been worked on. Yes, it is a minor inconvenience if Iâm looking for something I know is there, but one can Google anything these days, it just happens that CakeCentral has an astounding amount of cake resources and helpful people concentrated all in one place. And for that its creators are getting punished by all this negativity and âIâm not gonna play with you anymoreâ threads?! Câmonâ¦

44 replies
veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 45

EXACTLY!!!!! If you want to leave then leave, quit whining about it. Seems like some just want attention........

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 45

I agree. Great post.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 45

Amen Sister!!! thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 45

Haleluya!!!!....I think we should feel honored to be part of this free comunity and understand that things happen and everything will be alright.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 45

FANTASTIC post! i was watching my niece (who happens to be 5) using the computer yesterday. her website (nickjr or something) was down and she started to have a hissy fit. i told her to go outside and play or get another game, but that it wasn't the end of the world. now i don't know what specific threads have been posted in the last couple of days, but i too needed a recipe that was on this site. when i couldn't get to it, i googled it like you mentioned and came up w/ similar results. my point is... that b/c the site was down, i now have a greater appreciation that any other day the info is compiled in one place and i CAN get what i need in a flash. sorry it became so long icon_wink.gif

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 45

Well said! I totally agree! Some people are acting so ridiculous! These things take time. You can't get you panties all in a not because CC is having problems. Like Heath said when they originally made this site they did not expect to have so many members. Now they are doing there best to try and fix the site to accomidate all of us. Have patience! We are not children here! Just calm down evryone and give it some time, they will get it all worked out.
And to those who want to leave, I say go ahead leave! We don't need people who are fair-weather friends.

CC is awesome!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:44pm
post #8 of 45

Oh - I so totally agree!!

Everyone and everything has 'down' time! Don't we as mere humans get the flu, have emergency surgeries, accidents, tornados and floods??

Have some patience, lay off the complaining about CC, if CC is down -- spend some quality time with someone who loves you, clean your toilets or walk your dog!! By the way some members carry on about the site being down it is amazing to think that a person could have EVER decorated a cake without the intervention of the computer, internet and CakeCentral!

Let Heath, Jackie and the coworkers do their job as quickly and efficiently AND as accurately as possible!

Hey - and everyone have a better day out there!! This inconvenice of the UPGRADE is just a grain of sand in comparison to the really important things in life!

Suze

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 45

Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 45

I agree. When I was in the Navy our servers went down too and they were a lot of work to fix. It's a free site so quit you whinning. All sites have issues. It's a part of technology.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:50pm
post #11 of 45

So True...as a new member( some what) I read and gather information rather than post alot. I enjoy it, it has been a wonderful source for me because I live in a very rural area. If it's down, come back later. We are all responsible for the issues they are working so hard to correct. For all of the hard work... I know alot of us want to say thank you CC.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:51pm
post #12 of 45

I so agree with this post. If your life totally revolves around getting messages from CC, you need to get out more. Go volunteer to teach decorating to kids, volunteer with Girl Scouts, Help out at Ronald McDonald House, Call your kids school and volunteer. Those things are much more important than being able to get on a web site. Go outside and see the sun, rain, snow or what ever. Life goes on and these computer glitches will pass.
Lighten up.

My two cents...for what it's worth.

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:50pm
post #13 of 45

Right on Sistas! How can anyone complain about this site when it is totally FREE?? I do check to see if it is up every 15 minutes and move on. I agree that when it is down, they are trying to fix it.

So go ahead, quit. Your loss.....

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:58pm
post #14 of 45

Haha, this is going to be the "I LOVE YOU CAKE CENTRAL, AND I WORSHIP YOU JACKIE AND HEATH" thread.

The evolution of certain conversations on this website never deviates. Someone complains, others jump on the complainer, others express similar complaints, others jump in to say what the complainers were actually trying to say, people start quoting each other and picking apart posts, others start posting Hallmark sentiments about why can't we all just get along, and then there's an outpouring of love and devotion to the admins for this website to drown out the complainers.

icon_lol.gif This is going to be a specific "love" thread. It reminds me of a weird twist on Stockholm syndrome. It cracks me up.

I love you, Jackie and Heath!!!! I love you Cake Central!!! I love you all!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I really really do!!! icon_biggrin.gif

maimerbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimerbaker Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm
post #15 of 45

Thank you! Thank you! I say quit complaining everything that is good is worth waiting for. Give Heath and Jackie a break and BE PATIENT!!!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:09pm
post #16 of 45

[quote="darandon"] If your life totally revolves around getting messages from CC, you need to get out more. Go volunteer to teach decorating to kids, volunteer with Girl Scouts, Help out at Ronald McDonald House, Call your kids school and volunteer. Those things are much more important than being able to get on a web site. Go outside and see the sun, rain, snow or what ever. Life goes on and these computer glitches will pass.
Lighten up.[quote]

Exactly! My life does not revolve around the computer and certainly not around ONE site! I guess some folk don't have much else to do but I must tell you with a 19 month old daughter and a loving husband I can never spend enough time with SO with that said I have realized the site was obviously down for maintenance and didn't think anything else about it. Thanks so much for this post! Seriously some people need to be more thankful! We don't own this site simply because we support the sponsors or Donate! I love Cake Central but reality is it is only mine because someone was gracious enough to create this WONDERFUL place for us to all share and learn from. I am so very thankful to Jackie and Heath for all their hardwork and efforts. As a business owner I understand and know how hard it is when you put your best and all into something to have people talk about it like they can do better than you!

Three cheers to Jackie and Heath! Hugs and kisses to ALL my fellow CC'rs! We will get past it just like we do everything else that we go through...Don't worry be Happy! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:19pm
post #17 of 45

Hey Jenn in NC you can understand this one too.. try being on a Naval ship and having NO outside communication.... not even a postal letter available to you in times of "Operation Waterfall!!!" Right after 9/11 we lost communication with family and friends for over 2 weeks... now that is something to have a hissy about.... CC on the fritz... well it isn't a hissy worth having! Others have said it and I back them, be patient, the best things come to those who wait!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:19pm
post #18 of 45

Does anybody remember the episode of friends where Monica decided to make free Christmas candy for her neighbors, and the neighbors liked it so much that she couldn't make it fast enough to keep up. Then she and Chandler ended up with an angry mob of people at their door in the middle of the night, demanding candy? icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:21pm
post #19 of 45

For the love of God, yes. I am so tired of people bashing a freakin' free site!! It's like going to the pulic library and ragging that the book you want is checked out. Um... it's free, and someone else is using it. You'll get it the SECOND it is ready! icon_wink.gif

I hate to sound ***, but some people are acting like ungrateful children. It's really upsetting.

*Moderator edited for language*

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:22pm
post #20 of 45

Glad to see we're putting the FUN back in DYSFUNCTIONAL! (Thanks, Mary Engelbreit!)
icon_biggrin.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:24pm
post #21 of 45

I don't like these mean posts either. If it's down find something else to do. I really really appreciate all the information and the people so willing to give advice and help for FREE. I'm sure it will all get straightened out soon enough. I don't know where these people are going to go that are leaving. This is the BEST place to get all of this information and ideas and help. I'm just tired of all these posts taking up the newest forums on the main page. I look there first for help or helping others and all I see are these threats and complaints. I agree with this forum post though. I think all these people are acting childish when all the makers of cc are trying to do is help and encourage. Hats off to CC.

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm
post #22 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

This is going to be a specific "love" thread. It reminds me of a weird twist on Stockholm syndrome. It cracks me up.

Hehehe⦠Cakepro, Iâm under my desk laughing! Where is all the desperation, what is all this love vibe for our âabusersâ here? Everyone in agreement? That never happens! icon_biggrin.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #23 of 45

Hey, not everyone is "FLOUNCING" threatening to leave over and over again a forum.

Some of us were just expressing the things we were experiencing, like comp monitor seizures and clicks.

I don't remember reading on those threads, threats or unfounded rumors.

Just a lil frustration and fellowship as we found ourselves in the same boat.

If anything I find the tittle to this thread a bit inflamatory.

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:26pm
post #24 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Does anybody remember the episode of friends where Monica decided to make free Christmas candy for her neighbors, and the neighbors liked it so much that she couldn't make it fast enough to keep up. Then she and Chandler ended up with an angry mob of people at their door in the middle of the night, demanding candy? icon_rolleyes.gif

That was hilarious! I love Friends!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #25 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Hey, not everyone is "FLOUNCING" threatening to leave over and over again a forum.

Some of us were just expressing the things we were experiencing, like comp monitor seizures and clicks.

I don't remember reading on those threads, threats or unfounded rumors.

Just a lil frustration and fellowship as we found ourselves in the same boat.

If anything I find the tittle to this thread a bit inflamatory.

If you haven't read about the rumors or the threats to leave you haven't read all the post in the last couple of days. Believe me, they are there. Everyone is experienceing the same problems and they are being worked on. We just have to be patient and wait it out.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:32pm
post #26 of 45

anyone complaining...........need to go BAKE!
in other words, chill out- this is an amazing place- life goes on.
and so will CC.
im so thankful to have met such wondeful people, the few idoits who have nothing better to do, need to go BAKE!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:33pm
post #27 of 45

I will just "ditto" all of the above! I REALLY miss CC when it is down, but it makes me appreciate it so much more when it is running.

Thank you Heath and Jackie for ALL you do. Your "hobby" has chanded my life. It has inspired me to have a dream that I can work toward.

If I had not found CC, I probably would have dropped cake decorating. But because of this wounderful site, I have learned so much!

I still have a very long way to become a wonderful decorator, but I've come a long way baby!

Friends.....I look forward to spending many more late nights with you on CC!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:42pm
post #28 of 45

Wow. I'm glad I missed all the whiney threads. I am kind of surprised that's going on....I just check in here, see its down, and as someone else said...I go do other things. Alot goes into keeping up a website. And this one is one of the most busy and popular ones I've seen. Thus, there are going to be problems until they are able to get this massive site streamlined. I"ve been on another forum ranting about American people's ideas about their "right" to governmental food, money, housing, and medical care...what, now do we have a fundamental human right to visit CC too? LOL. Funny stuff.

canoewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canoewoman Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:03pm
post #29 of 45

I hope the angry ccer's ARE embarrassed as they should be. If you don't understand (as is probably the case) what it takes to manage a website of this magnitude then don't *** about what injustices YOU feel is done to YOU because it was down. SHAME SHAME SHAME on all of the ccer's that complained. You should be thanking everyone that put all their time and energy into upkeeping this website and in offering it to you FREE !!!!!

*Moderator edited for language*

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #30 of 45

I too agree with all the above posts!!

i too checked, day in and out, and most times couldnt get on, but i had other things to do too! lol
i think those moaning and groaning should get a life other than living on cc, i know it is amazing, wonderful, helpful, and inspiring, oh and dont forget fun! lol

but i think jackie and heath are doing us all a major favour, by upgrading the servers and having this site available to all - FREE!!!!

so sit back, relax and do what you need to do, then come visit cc when it is up! but dont blame anyone for it being down!!! that is not fair!!

Thank you jackie and heath for the wonderful site, full of fun, inspiration, friends, and amazing cakes!
i too have learnt a lot since i joined - thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%