What Do You Think Of German Chocolate Cake Filling

Decorating By kristina67 Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 12:21pm by kakeladi

kristina67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristina67 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a wedding cake that will have German chocolate cake filling and butter cream/fondant on the top. Will this taste allright? I'm not a fan of German chocolate cake filling so I'm not a good judge. Anyone have an opinion?

3 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 4

Hmmmm...weird request. I don't like it AT ALL either - seems like people either love it or hate it so that is an unusual request to serve so many people for a wedding....

Sorry, I'm not a lot of help. Just really surprised by that request so I had to comment. icon_smile.gif

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 4

I love German Chocolate cake filling and I think this would taste great. I think the strong feelings for or against this filling might be because of the coconut. I've noticed that most people either love or hate coconut.

I would guess that if your customer asked for this filling she knows what she's getting and will be very happy with it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 4

Nothing wrong w/that combination at all icon_smile.gif
Just because you don't like it does not mean it won't be good. Everyone has different tastes. Have you ever eaten rattle snake; dog or monkey?? It's common in some places icon_sad.gif

I've done it often.....well not covered in fondant but use the GC filling w/b'cream iced cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%