Disappointed With Ct..am I Crazy?

Decorating By fourfelinefriends Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 1:30am by fourfelinefriends

fourfelinefriends Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourfelinefriends Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 8

SOOO... I have been messing around with CT and I am really excited with how they look while I am doing them. Then I flip the image and I am less than impressed. I have tried both shiny and matte images. Has anyone else had this? Is it a taboo to do a CT and not flip the image over? I used really hot chocolate on one, didn't have worm lines and it looked pretty goot not flipped (more like color flow). Am I crazy???

7 replies
KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 8

If I read the info on chocolate transfers correctly, you don't flip them over....I think.... icon_confused.gif

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 8

I believe its meant to be flipped, but if you like the way it looks not flipped, then go for it!
I've done quite a few CTs in my time..they certainly never come out as good as Whimsical Bakehouse's (*sigh*). I think they're using really small piping bags to get into the details. I've wondered if you could do the same with a paintbrush dipped in chocolate..
I'll try that one another day!
Good luck!
CIndy

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 8

I find that when I turn them over that the outlines have been melted/smudged by the hot chocolate that I'm using to fill in.

so if you find that yours look good without turning over, then don't turn them over.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 8

For most CTs, I actually prefer them not flipped over. That little bit of puffiness gives them more dimension, and therefore a more realistic look.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 8

The one or two I made looked much better NOT turned over too.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 8

You know the different ways to put things on the cake came up with someone playing around and figuring out a different way from doing it. There is not a definite (one) right way to do all these things, so if not flipping over your chocolate transfer makes you more happy than if you flipped it, then don't flip it. icon_smile.gif

fourfelinefriends Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourfelinefriends Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:30am
post #8 of 8

well there you go 'to flip or not to flip' I am not going to flip with my new confidence - thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%