Update On My Progress......fondant Rose Saga Continues.....

Decorating By Texan68 Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 5:12pm by kakeladi

Texan68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texan68 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 2

I've been a bit busy this weekend with my daughter's B-day. I made her a Hannah Montana cake!!! Very excited about that because it was my very first time to do an edible transfer.....SUPER EASY and it looks great!!!

First let me say that all of you have great talent and your roses look fantastic, just awesome!!! I've been practicing and I think I've gotten the general idea of the technique, like the placement of the petals. I don't have the JEM cutter YET icon_wink.gif but I sort of did my own and here is what my rose looks like so far....I know it needs improving and thinning, but please give me your opinions and adivse as to how to improve. Also I want try with gumpaste, which I have, but I was using it in with the fondant. When using straight gumpaste, when it's sticky, do I use the cornstarch/pdr.sugar mix to make it workable?
LL
LL
LL

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 2

Your center looks really goood but then the petals get too large too soon. The next 2 or 3 should be a smaller size petal so they don't bunch up.
It's easy to pinch the edges between the thumb & 1st finger, pulling a bit to thin the edges and give the petals some 'life'.
If you used only fondant that's why you can't get it thin enough. I would suggest not rolling the edges so much - at least until the very outter ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%