What Brand Of Cake Pan Do You Like Best?

Decorating By Mommy2KAE Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 5:19pm by funbun

Mommy2KAE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2KAE Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:03am
post #1 of 10

I have Wilton Dec Pref and a Magic Line. I'm shopping for a 9, 10 and 14 round and was wondering what everyone likes/dislikes about the different pans...

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 10

Well my opinion is based on what I had 5 yrs ago... And I much prefere ML. I have no idea about Fat Daddyo(?) stufficon_smile.gif

Mommy2KAE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2KAE Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:32am
post #3 of 10

I have a 4" ML...and I can't tell any difference between that and my Wilton DP...I CAN tell the difference between the thin Wilton pans.. I've heard of Fat Daddios(?) but never baked with them..

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:47am
post #4 of 10

The sturdier Wilton pans are great. My cakes turn out better with them. My teacher has had hers for 30 years and they haven't rusted or broken down yet. (although a Wilton teacher she doesn't always recommend Wilton but the pans she loves)

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 10

i have a few fat daddio pans, and they're okay, but nothing i was too impressed with. i still love my magic line pans best.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:41pm
post #6 of 10

I have some thin wilton pans and magic line. I'm slowely buying all magic line to replace those wilton ones.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:42am
post #7 of 10

Magic Line or the pans that are comparable from cakedeco.com

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:54am
post #8 of 10

I think what matters is that they are aluminum and not non stick. They should also be thicker than the regular Wilton pans.
I have DP Wilton, Fat Daddio, Magic Line and some I found at the thrift store.
I like them all, but I have to say that I use the Magic Line the most because I find they give me the most level cakes ( I hate to level icon_biggrin.gif )
HTH and Happy Shopping icon_wink.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:12pm
post #9 of 10

Although I do have several DP Wilton pans, I HATE THEM compared to my ML's! I recommend ML over all others! They're fantastic! One major difference between DP and ML is the color of the cake once they're baked! ML bakes the cakes SO much lighter colored that Wilton! Also, I stopped using baking strips with my ML pans....they rise very evenly! The DP still bake with a dome....just a lower quality pan IMO!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:19pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

Although I do have several DP Wilton pans, I HATE THEM compared to my ML's! I recommend ML over all others! They're fantastic! One major difference between DP and ML is the color of the cake once they're baked! ML bakes the cakes SO much lighter colored that Wilton! Also, I stopped using baking strips with my ML pans....they rise very evenly! The DP still bake with a dome....just a lower quality pan IMO!

You are right about the colour. ML produces such nice light coloured cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%