Las Vegas Cake Camp

Decorating By cupcakers Updated 27 Mar 2008 , 5:27pm by ShopGrl1128

cupcakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakers Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 24

I would love to go to the Las Vegas Cake Camp but of course price is a issue flight,hotel ,food,classes blah blah blah I would love some in-put has anyone gone before is it worth it is anyone going?HELP me decide I don't know that much about it.THANKS icon_confused.gif

23 replies
lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 24

There are quite a few CCers going and I was going to refer you to a couple of different forum threads but they're gone now icon_cry.gif I am going... I'm from AZ and feel like this will be a great opportunity to attend classes by top quality instructors all in one place. I'm a frequent visitor to LV so I'll be staying at a resort that will comp my rooms and allow me to take the family on a mini vacation. I think if you can swing it you should consider going...it's only held every two years.

cupcakers Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:39am
post #3 of 24

Help anyone I know someone out ther has gone give me some in-put.Thanks again

cupcakers Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 4:47am
post #4 of 24

bump

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 24

what is their website??

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlevalleygirl

what is their website??

Check out this link: http://www.cakecamp.com/

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 24

I haven't attended before but I am going this year and am SO excited. I can't wait to meet some fellow CCers there too! icon_smile.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 24

Thank you icon_smile.gif

Fahina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fahina Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 24

I just checked out the website. How wonderful is this! I will definetely be going and I'm so excited!

IrishCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IrishCookie Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:18pm
post #10 of 24

Does anyone know if you have to be a member of the California Cake Club to go? There are a couple of us that would love to go but are not a member of California. Please let me know.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:01pm
post #11 of 24

You do not have to be a member but you get a discounted registration rate if you are.

I joined and am in MI so I cannot attend their meetings but it is nice to get their bi-monthly email newsletter and it is only $20/year. I think you will make that up in your Cake Camp registration discount anyway (or almost do).

www.cacakeclub.org for more details...

IrishCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IrishCookie Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #12 of 24

Thank you for that information

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:16pm
post #13 of 24

You do have to be a member to attend - this is stated on the first page of the site. Its a simple online sign-up.

There is also a $80 registration fee you need to pay.

The process they set up for registration is straightfoward and done on the website.

pasquerto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pasquerto Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:41pm
post #14 of 24

i just registered for classes!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo

Vreeke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vreeke Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:51pm
post #15 of 24

I have gone to Cake Camp before and it is great. It's a great opportunity to have so many great cake artists in one place and most of the classes are hands on so you really get your money's worth. The best part is being with so many cake people who love to talk about cake. You will gain so much information just chatting with everyone and everyone is so nice.
Being in Vegas does not have to be expensive. Besides camp just visiting all the hotels is great. It's like Disneyland for adults.
Have fun and hope to see you all there,
Lori V.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:57pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

I haven't attended before but I am going this year and am SO excited. I can't wait to meet some fellow CCers there too! icon_smile.gif

Me too!!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:21pm
post #17 of 24

I went to the last cake camp. All but one of my classes was terrific. The dinner was a lot of fun and I met some great people, who I have remained friends with. Well worth the $$. I'm going this year. Am especially looking forward to taking a painting on cakes class from Norm Davis. (I'm also taking a class from Toba Garrett on brush enbroidery). YAHOO!!!

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:49pm
post #18 of 24

You gotta be kidding me!!!
I just came back from a week vacation in Vegas!!!

I guess I will have to wait until next year for this camp, I'm very interested in many of the classes and they're so cheap!

And after class there are so many things to do in Vegas! I had the best vacation ever!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:45pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

I guess I will have to wait until next year for this camp, I'm very interested in many of the classes and they're so cheap!

And after class there are so many things to do in Vegas! I had the best vacation ever!

Unfortunately you'll have to wait two years. The Cake Camp and Cake Cruise are done every two years, not annually. Maybe you can do the cake cruise in December. That would have been my first choice but since it's so close to the holidays there's no way I can get away. If my DH doesn't see his family, or more precisely, if they don't see him, it's a problem. We actually spent Christmas with my aunt, uncle and cousins two years ago (the first holiday away from his side) and he still heard from his father about how that wasn't right. P.S. We'll be married 15 years this May!!! I only have aunts, uncles and cousins since I'm an only child and my mother and grandparents passed on and I don't know my father - his side is much more important (they think, his parents, brother, sisters and neice and nephew!).

Sorry for the digression, but sometimes it feels good to be able to complain about these things!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:02pm
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Unfortunately you'll have to wait two years.

Well, you are in luck... Cake Camp will be held in 2009, in Las Vegas again; and yes, this is a first. It was decided not to have Cake Camp in 2010 because of ICES Convention being held in San Diego that year..

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:18am
post #21 of 24

Cool! Laura, thanks for that piece of information. So what about the Cruise then? Guess that won't be affected, huh?

By the way, for all those going, are we still doing the pink ribbon as a way to recognize all fellow CCer's?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:29am
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Cool! Laura, thanks for that piece of information. So what about the Cruise then? Guess that won't be affected, huh?

By the way, for all those going, are we still doing the pink ribbon as a way to recognize all fellow CCer's?

The cruise goes full steam ahead, as scheduled.... icon_biggrin.gif

ShopGrl1128 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 5:03pm
post #23 of 24

Thank you ladies for all the info, you're always so ahead of things.

Can you please post the link for the cruise?

Thanks a bunch!!!!

ShopGrl1128 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 5:27pm
post #24 of 24

Never mind!
I found the info on the same Cake Camp site...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%