Heart Shaped Wedding Cake

Decorating By lisa78332 Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 4:18pm by lisa78332

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 6

Someone help please. Need idea for a three teir heart shaped cake but bride wants to use wilton spriral seperator set. I can't figure out how to stack them. Do I use the 15"heart for the bottom? but plate that comes with it to hold next size up seems to large. Any suggestions?

5 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:58am
post #2 of 6

Personally, I would probably use the smaller one and try to get plastic heart shaped plates to try to hide them

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:47am
post #3 of 6

I'm not sure what your asking, but I "think" you're asking which plates to use where? You are correct, the larger one of course is on the bottom, but as you go up, the next size smaller sits on top of the bottom cake, and then you "build" the pillars up from there, put another plate on which holds the next teir of cake, then a smaller yet plate and so on. The ones sitting on top of cake, should be smaller so that the cake sticks out an inche or so around the edges.

I hope I made that clear, and I hope that is what you were trying to get direction on..... icon_rolleyes.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 9:52am
post #4 of 6

Could you rephrase your question?
We don't seem to understand what you are asking.
A spiral seperator set *I think* is the same as most pillar/plate sets except the pillars are clear, have a twisted design and push down into the cake.

lisa78332 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 6

its like a divider. they are not columns. What I neede to know was how to use this type of divider with the plates it came which are round, with but heart shaped cakes.

lisa78332 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 6

Actually, I ended up not using the plates except for the one on the third cake. I took a picuture and posting up.
Thanks for your responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%