Okay, I Give How Do You Do This???

Decorating By tobycat Updated 3 Jan 2007 , 5:38pm by mommyto5

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 6:45am
post #1 of 7

I know this is probably pretty simple, but I just haven't seen how to do it -- how do you make the cupcake cakes?

TIA -- Sarah

6 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 6:56am
post #2 of 7

i read a tutorial recently and this is what it said...when you take the cc's out of the oven , level them by placing something flat on top for a moment or two to make them all the same height. then "glue" them down close together on your board with some icing. using a spatula or large icing tip, frost over the whole thing. after crusting for a few moments, smooth over it with a viva paper towel or a foam roller/parchment paper... then decorate as desired. add a border if you'd like.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 6:57am
post #3 of 7

dont forget to let them cool before icing.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 7:55am
post #4 of 7

You can also lay them down according to the shape you want. In otherwards, if you were doing sponge bob, you would have a more rectangle shape, if you were doing elmo, then a more oval shape. These are pretty simple to do and fun. Good Luck.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 7

You must place the cupcakes staggered so that there will be no spaces between them. This will cause irregular edges.
My best tip for a cupcake cake is to frost with the icing tip, then smooth it over. This way the cupcakes won't tip over while frosting them. I don't glue mine down ... but I've only made a few in my life.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 1:32am
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone -- I'll have to give this a try some time! icon_biggrin.gif

Sarah

mommyto5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto5 Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 7

Hi Sarah...

When I made my cupcake cake, I put the cupcakes in the shape of the character that I was making. I "glued" down the cupcakes on the outside edge of the design, by putting icing on them. Then, I just iced like I would a cake. It was pretty simple, but did take a little getting used to. I then put a frozen buttercream transfer on top of the cupcakes.

Here's mine...I made it for a church activity....

(this is my first time posting an attachment..if for some reason it doesn't come thru, you can email me: [email protected])

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%