1 Year Anniversary Cancer Free - Today!!!

Lounge By DebbyTCL Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm by tcturtleshell

DebbyTCL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyTCL Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 24

I just wanted to drop a line in here and share this with y'all at CC! After fighting cancer for 18 years, (off and on) I have finally made it 1 year cancer free!

To all of you who are still fighting the fight, keep going and stay strong! You will win the fight for life through Jesus Christ. Have faith in Him and keep going!

Yeah! Today is a good day! (Well, every day that I wake up and am still breathing is a good day, lol!)

Think I'll have some cake to celebrate! icon_biggrin.gif

23 replies
TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 24

Congratulations!!!! God Bless and keep strong!

I hope to have the same celebration in a few months... icon_smile.gif

TammyH

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 24

Debby,

Praise the Lord. party.gifparty.gif I have been cancer free for 37 years. I lost my left leg to cancer in 1970 when I was 11 year old.

I will pray for you that you stay cancer free.

Sue

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 24

Congratulations on one year cancer free. I know how hard it is. I lost my mom to cancer. Keep strong and God bless.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 24

Congratulations, Debby!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 24

congratulations!!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 24

That is wonderful news Debby, may it be just the start of many anniversaries cancer free.
My daughter has passed the three year mark since her breast cancer diagnosis and I can hardly wait till she hits that 5 year mark. I know it can come back but I won't let myself think about that too much, I just am looking forward to that 5 year mark.

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 24

Congratulations - love to hear the survivor stories!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 24

how wonderful! Congratulations. That is great icon_biggrin.gif

DebbyTCL Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyH

Congratulations!!!! God Bless and keep strong!

I hope to have the same celebration in a few months... icon_smile.gif

TammyH

Well Tammy, you will most definately be in my prayers! thumbs_up.gif

DebbyTCL Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksgirl

Debby,

Praise the Lord. party.gifparty.gif I have been cancer free for 37 years. I lost my left leg to cancer in 1970 when I was 11 year old.

I will pray for you that you stay cancer free.

Sue

37 years cancer free is totally awesome! I have done 4 rounds of chemo and I don't know that I could stomach 1 more. Congrats to you!!!

DebbyTCL Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ann

Congratulations on one year cancer free. I know how hard it is. I lost my mom to cancer. Keep strong and God bless.

Sorry about your Mom, May she be resting in the arms of Jesus!

DebbyTCL Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

That is wonderful news Debby, may it be just the start of many anniversaries cancer free.
My daughter has passed the three year mark since her breast cancer diagnosis and I can hardly wait till she hits that 5 year mark. I know it can come back but I won't let myself think about that too much, I just am looking forward to that 5 year mark.

Now Shirley (Mom tone inserted here, lol) focus on the GOOD! She is alive and healthy for 3 YEARS post cancer!!! WOW, I can hardly wait to make that mark.

I know that it can come back as this happened to me, it had spread from 1 breast to the other, then the ovaries, uterus & lymph nodes.

But that does not mean that it will come back. Stay focused on God that He will keep her healed and that it won't come back!

And...if it does come back, then God is still right there by her side walking right along with her! He doesn't allow anything to happen to us that He is there to help with. That is when we grow the most!

You help her to keep a positive additude and stay focused on reaching 5 years and being cured.

So, don't think about the "what if or could's", at all!

Just remember, God is right by her side. (and yours) icon_wink.gif

ShirleyW Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:08am
post #14 of 24

Oh don't misubnderstand me, I am definitely focused on the positive. The fact that they aren't seeing any cancer cells is a celebration for sure. I am a realist and have educated myself enough since her diagnosis to know that yes, it can come back. But that doesn't mean it will and that is what I concentrate on, that it hasn't come back and I don't let myself think too much about it ever returning.

ShirleyW Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:11am
post #15 of 24

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am definitely focused on the positive. The fact that they aren't seeing any cancer cells is a celebration for sure. I am a realist and have educated myself enough since her diagnosis to know that yes, it can come back. But that doesn't mean it will and that is what I concentrate on, that it hasn't come back and I don't let myself think too much about it ever returning.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:27am
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyTCL

I know that it can come back as this happened to me, it had spread from 1 breast to the other, then the ovaries, uterus & lymph nodes.

Oh my God, Debby...that is both horrendous and amazing at the same time. Horrendous that your cancer was so invasive and amazing that you are alive and one year cancer free!!!! Praise God!!!

October is the hardest month for me. I have a genetic certainty of breast cancer and all of this pink stuff everywhere I look makes me feel like I have an early death sentence...and I can't escape it. I hate the pink ribbon campaign!! I know it sounds terrible to say, but it's so in my face all the damn time...

Reading your post has just amazed me. You are incredibly brave.

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:55am
post #17 of 24

Congratulations on one year, and i will pray for many more for you! I think celebrating with a cake is the most perfect thing to do and you deserve it for all your strength and bravery!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 7:06am
post #18 of 24

Oh Debby, WTG!!! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! news. I am so happy for you, what wonderful news and I wish nothing but the best to you and also for so many others who is also in this fight.

God be with and bless each everyone of you and your love ones. I will keep all in my prayers.

God Bless,
Sharon

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 7:56am
post #19 of 24

Debby, that is FANTASTIC!! CONGRATS!!!

Will pray for you for many more cancer free years.

(My DH was diagnose with Hodgkins Lymphoma last year and is still fighting his cancer battle. If all goes well, he will receive a stem cell transplant early next year.)

DebbyTCL Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:47am
post #20 of 24

Praise God!!!

October is the hardest month for me. I have a genetic certainty of breast cancer and all of this pink stuff everywhere I look makes me feel like I have an early death sentence...and I can't escape it. I hate the pink ribbon campaign!! I know it sounds terrible to say, but it's so in my face all the damn time...

Reading your post has just amazed me. You are incredibly brave.[/quote]

Praise to God, every moment! He is the only reason I am still here. When we found out in June of 2006, that the cancer was now in my lymph nodes, that it was going to be a 30/70 fight. (This is after having bilateral mastectomies, reconstruction, a hysterectomy, I can't use hormone replacement as my cancer was a the kind that feeds off of hormones, & 3 rounds of chemo) And I had just finished having 4 surgeries that year & my last round of 90 straight days of chemo that ended in March, Yuke!

Well, I am spunky, so I told the Dr, ok, I have come this far, lets go 1 more round. Drs did think I was going to make it & told me that when I was ready that they could contact hospice to come in and keep me comfortable. HA! I told good ole Doc that I did not feel like God was finished with me yet, so do not call hospice!

Fast forward, I had no hair for my childrens weddings in September (I had finished my chemo 1 1/2 weeks before the 1st wedding). YES, 2 weddings in the same month! My oldest daughter, Shelley, got married the 1st week-end of September & 2 weeks later 1 of my sons, Jason, got married. Shelley offered to move her wedding so it would not be to much for me. I told her no, do not change a thing, I would be there. & I was!

CakePro, just because you have the gene does not mean that it will happen. It happens to just as many people (yes, men get breast cancer too) without the gene. Don't get discouraged. You can do 2 different things. Wait it out and see what happens or have mastectomies as a preventative measure, and your insurance will pay for this as well as reconstruction. You can have the reconstruction done at the same time as the mastectomy! (My best freind's husband had colon cancer & had treatment at the same time I was doing treatment. She went for her yearly check up and they found she had cancer in 1 breast. She had them both removed at the same time. Last week she had her reconstruction & the "girls" look great!)

Don't look at this as a death sentence, look at it as a warning. At least you know, so now you won't get any surprises. Being that you are a Christian and have Jesus in your heart, you have eternal life! Forever! The moment you made that decision was the beginning of your eternal life, which includes NOW! Keep a positive additude and live like you are living in eternity, because you are!!! icon_lol.gif

DebbyTCL Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:52am
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza

Debby, that is FANTASTIC!! CONGRATS!!!

Will pray for you for many more cancer free years.

(My DH was diagnose with Hodgkins Lymphoma last year and is still fighting his cancer battle. If all goes well, he will receive a stem cell transplant early next year.)

I will be praying for a successful transplant! These treatments can look very touch and go with how they have to bring the immune system down to do this, so don't get discouraged. All of this can be so nerve racking. Keep the faith that God IS going to give him healing, complete healing. Don't leave any room for doubt!

knjmom67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knjmom67 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:00pm
post #22 of 24

Congratulations!

My daughter was 6 months old when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was so worried that she wouldn't live to see her walk or go to Kindergarten...
Well, that was in 1992. Since then, not only has my mom seen her complete Kindergarten, in a few months in addition to walking, she'll be driving!
Here's to your one year anniversary with best wishes for many, many more!

knjmom67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knjmom67 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:11pm
post #23 of 24

Congratulations!

My daughter was 6 months old when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was so worried that she wouldn't live to see her walk or go to Kindergarten...
Well, that was in 1992. Since then, not only has my mom seen her complete Kindergarten, in a few months in addition to walking, she'll be driving!
Here's to your one year anniversary with best wishes for many, many more!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #24 of 24

This was a very touching story. Excellent, wonderful news to be reading!! Congrads!! God Bless you & everyone else fighting this horrible thing called cancer. Your such an inspiration! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%