I Want A Cake Like This When I Get Married

Decorating By fooby Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm by mamacc

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 28

I couldn't believe it at first but yes it is cake. Although a bit eerie and tacky, but the attention to detail is flawless! Oh BTW, I am married so that's never happening icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

27 replies
Pambu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pambu Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 28

Wow, lots of work, very nice

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 28

Wow the cake is very well executed, looks like the bride got what she wanted! The idea itself isn't for me, but the cake is great!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 28

WOW! Awesome cake! But the concept? I don't get it!!

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 28

i agree that is tacky but i still can't help but wonder how much she paid for that sucker!

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 28

The attention to detail is amazing...the cake is amazing...the decorator should be very proud.

However, I think the cake is creepy and a bit ego-maniacal. On my wedding day I wanted people to think I looked more amazing than my cake. I don't think I could have competed with that! icon_lol.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 28

I totally appreciate the work and talent that has gone into this although it definitely my style of decorating...

I had a funny thought...I wonder what they will do with the "topper"...her head/bust? Sit it on the mantle or put it in the china cabinet? Lots of work has gone into it but honestly, what do you do with the top? icon_lol.gif

Still, a ton of talent and hard work went into that and I gather the bride must have loved it!!!

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 28

WOW! That must have taken a lot of time and patience! Incredible! It looks like the bride was happy with it. It really is lovely, if that's your cup of tea! I, myself, just couldn't cut into a cake that looked like me....it would be too weird for my taste.

lovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovescakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #9 of 28

Uuuunbeliveable!!! I'm spechless.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:26pm
post #10 of 28

It's not my style either but what an awesome job this person's baker did! She seemed very pleased with it too. Yes Jane, I too wonder what will they do with the topper????

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 28

I got these pix in an email yesterday....WOW!! The detail on this cake is absolutely amazing and awesome.....WOW!

doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #12 of 28

It's just wierd. And very tacky, IMHO.

I hope the decorator charged out the yahoo for that, given all the time it must have taken.

doreenre Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #13 of 28

It's just wierd. And very tacky, IMHO.

I hope the decorator charged out the yahoo for that, given all the time it must have taken.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #14 of 28

It would have been nice if they also had the Groom next to it. Since a wedding is all about the Bride and Groom and not just the Bride, which in this case that's what it looks like. Amazing work, although it would not be my style or cup of tea if it was my wedding. icon_smile.gif

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #15 of 28

I can't even imagine what my reaction would be if a bride asked to make a cake to look like her. Wow!!! Amazing-------just to take the order at all. The end result is jaw dropping.

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #16 of 28

This just in....man carves up bride on wedding night...news at 10....

I've heard of people that get cake shaped like thier dog or cat and that they had a hard time cutting into it...can you imagine how hard that must have been to cut?

Amazing work.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm
post #17 of 28

Very cool...the top part is not cake though....the person who did it will sculpt out of clay any person/thing/object you want....but it ain't cheap icon_wink.gif
....something like 2 grand for one....

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:41pm
post #18 of 28

There's another thread runnin about this very cake. I did look at the pics on the original decorators and sculptors (not the same person) sites and the bust is made from polymer clay (it cost the lady 2500 smakaroos) and then there was the cake that comprised the dress made by "Buttercream Dreams" bakery. Either way both artists are amazingly talented and even though I too find the concept a little strange; it's definitely a cake that no one will forget for a while. I'm sure that the emails will be flyin for at least a couple years after the fact.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:41pm
post #19 of 28

While I think this woman is very talented this type of cake is just creepy to me. It reminds me of Madame Tussauds wax museum.

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:43pm
post #20 of 28

i don't suppose they saved the topper to eat on the anniversary! tee hee icon_smile.gif

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:40pm
post #21 of 28

I agree with you, Jadak-I don't want my wedding cake to look better than me! Like someone else said-the bride and the groom are BOTH part of the wedding-not just the bride. Not my kind of cake at all. Great detail, like everyone else said, though!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:49pm
post #22 of 28

The person or people who created this cake should be extremely proud. They are super talented.

I personally wouldn't want a cake that looks like me.
I can only guess what type of bridezilla she was.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #23 of 28

My first reaction was "Bridezillaaaaaaaaaaa"

That's actually offensive to me. It's a wedding... " to unite (a couple) in marriage or wedlock; marry" That is totally all about her! If that is what it takes to keep her happy at this phase of the game, imagine what it's going to take later.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:58pm
post #24 of 28

I try to stay out of things like this but here I go with my big mouth.

Lots of judgement flying here. Did anyone think perhaps "she" didn't order it? Maybe someone had it made for her, it could have been a surprise, it could be that they are from another country and their traditions are different. We don't know the circumstances/details so maybe the mean comments are not called for.

While the cake may not be your taste it is rude to say it is tacky. Artists put a lot of time and probably a lot like us, their heart and soul into this. How would you feel if you poured yourself into something and then went online to find someone referring to it as tacky?

Let's treat other as we would like to be treated please.

Obviously, some talented people worked hard on this. Let's be respectful to them as we are artists too! thumbs_up.gif

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm
post #25 of 28

this cake is crazy!!! wow

doreenre Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:25pm
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Quote:

While the cake may not be your taste it is rude to say it is tacky. Artists put a lot of time and probably a lot like us, their heart and soul into this. How would you feel if you poured yourself into something and then went online to find someone referring to it as tacky?

I commented that I thought it was tacky and I'm entitled to my opinion. I could comment on several cakes found here on CC in the same way, but given that this was not simply posted in the gallery, rather, left open for discussion in the forum, I thought it appropriate to express MY OPINION.

And while I don't think I should have to explain why I find it tacky, I will. I was speaking to the concept itself. Kudos to the decorators who were able to create this cake. Custom, gift or whatever, to me, the idea of having a cake made in one's image, is tacky.

gr8yf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8yf Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:32am
post #27 of 28

Can you imagine the bride and groom making the first cut and him feeding HER to her. You know what their baby cake is going to look like.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm
post #28 of 28

I think the clay artist is an amazing artist but the cake itself is just a regular wedding cake with a big clay sculpture on the top. Don't see what the big deal is??

Courtney

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%