Traveling With Cookie Bouquets

Baking By Kate714 Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 5:32pm by Kate714

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 8

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a problem with traveling with cookie bouquets! Does anyone have any suggestions for placing them in your vehicle and getting to your destinaton without them tipping over??? I have used styrofoam balls inside my pails and I guess thy're not heavy enough!

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 8

You can use a small box taller than the container to hold them.

Kate714 Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 8

duh...good idea!! icon_lol.gif now, just to find something like that! thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Kate714 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #4 of 8

Does anyone have any ideas on boxes that you can buy to put the bouquets in? I'm thinking of offering these for the holidays but I would like people to be able to pick them up from me without me worrying they will tip in their car.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:12am
post #5 of 8

Try to find a box and paper store. We have one that sells boxes, craft papers etc. They have strong corregated paper boxes in all sorts of sizes, most about 2.00

something else that might work, look for clay pots at the dollar store. If you also can buy the base, you can glue the pot to the dish and help prefent tipping.

Kate714 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 8

good suggestions...thanks Joann!

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 8

to avoid them falling over I actually lay them down! I lay them on my front passanger seat. I lay it down so that the bottom of the container is butted up to the back of the car seat. I have had much fewer instances this way. I always recommend my customers to travel with them the same way. They seem to shake less and swivle around in the bouquet less.

Kate714 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 8

wow, lay them down? and the whole thing doesn't fall out of your container? I've been using styrofoam balls and shred in my containers, and it's really lightweight icon_confused.gif [/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%