How Cool!!!!

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm by cakemommy

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 6:38am
post #1 of 18

Okay Okay, so I just had to share!!!!! I just peaked at ACD's website to check on the upcoming issue and the woman that taught me 7 years ago is a featured artist in the upcoming issue!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif Her name is Amy Malone and her feature is "Meringue Mushrooms". Can't wait to see that! How cool! I'm so excited to see her in the magazine!

Plus I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to see my Lambeth cake make the "Readers' Showcase" section. Do you get contacted to find out if and when you will make it in the magazine? I have never done this before. I submitted my picture a little more than three months ago.

Just thought I'd share.

Amy

17 replies
GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 7:15am
post #2 of 18

wow! can't wait to see it!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemommy

Plus I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to see my Lambeth cake make the "Readers' Showcase" section. Do you get contacted to find out if and when you will make it in the magazine? I have never done this before. I submitted my picture a little more than three months ago.

Just thought I'd share.

Amy

I have had a few of cakes in there...I was contacted by Kimberly (very sweet lady) on a couple...but another one was a total surprise. I hope yours gets chosen!!!

cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 18

I hope it gets chosen as well. What issues were yours in adven68? I have three plus years worth. I"d like to see.

Amy

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 18

Hmmm....let's see....I think I started the subscription in Spring of 2006....It was definitely June 2006 that had my rocking horse Christening cake...

anywhere after that was the Jack-in-the-box and then the ship cake.....

If I find them I will let you know.
It's really a nice feeling to see your work in a magazine...even though the pictures are so tiny!!! icon_lol.gif

Maybe one day we will be the "featured" artists. I know Moydear had her embroidery roses cake featured in June/July 2007.

Let us know whenever you find out!!

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 18

They've printed a couple of my cakes too and they never contacted me first...

I'll be on the lookout for your cake!
Courtney

cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 18

I will look up your cakes in my magazines. I do remember the embroidery rose cake. I loved that one. Didn't realize that was hers! I feel so honored to be in all of your company!!!

Courtney, don't keep me in suspense!!!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif Which issues were yours?????

How exciting is this!?!?!?!!

Amy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:05pm
post #8 of 18

wow that is cool!!! congratulations!!! i can't wait to see...i too feel so honored to even be reading what you guys are writing!!!!! hahahahahahaha happy for you all!!!!

cakemommy Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:10pm
post #9 of 18

You feel honored!!! Hello! You made that plate of spaghetti that looks so real! I actually want some meatballs now! They look so darn good!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:36pm
post #10 of 18

You gals crack me up!

mamacc Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:32am
post #11 of 18
Quote:

I will look up your cakes in my magazines. I do remember the embroidery rose cake. I loved that one. Didn't realize that was hers! I feel so honored to be in all of your company!!!

Courtney, don't keep me in suspense!!!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif Which issues were yours?????

How exciting is this!?!?!?!!

Amy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

LOL Amy, I'd have to dig through various stacks of magazines to find the exact issues, but it was my first red dragon cake and the tiered quilt cake with the teddy bear on top. I've been meaning to send in some more recent pics but have been busy... icon_biggrin.gif

I've seen a lot of cakes in ACD and MBN made by cake central members. I love it!

Courtney

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:40am
post #12 of 18

Congratulations Amy!! I SOOOOOOO LOVE that cake!!

cakemommy Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:26am
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthiberge

Congratulations Amy!! I SOOOOOOO LOVE that cake!!

Courtney, I will have to check out all my issues to see if I can see any CC member's cakes. I haven't looked at my past issues in a while. I need more inspiration anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

mthiberge~I still can't believe it girl! My "unmentionables" icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif played a big role in that cake with the color! I'll never live that down with my family.

Amy

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:41am
post #14 of 18

I just picked up the mag today and the meringue mushrooms article is really neat! There are so many neat cakes in this issue!

cakemommy Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 5:22am
post #15 of 18

Well darnit!!! Where is my issue??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I run out to my mailbox every day and get disappointed when it's not there. ARGH!!!!!!!

Patience Amy, Patience!!!!

Amy

mamacc Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:29pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:

Well darnit!!! Where is my issue??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I run out to my mailbox every day and get disappointed when it's not there. ARGH!!!!!!!

Patience Amy, Patience!!!!

Amy

I know!! Sometimes I don't get mine till 2 weeks after people on CC!!!! How can it take that long? icon_cry.gif I may not even get this new issue b/c I waited too long to renew....fingers crossed.

C

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #17 of 18

can you buy this off of the shelf or only online? Any ideas where I could get it since I am not a subscriber?

cakemommy Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #18 of 18

I am wondering the same thing, whether my issue will show up or not. I haven't recieved anything that tells me that my scrip is up. My sister bought me a two year subscription and I am nearing the end. I have to call them today and get an update I guess.

If you have a supply shop near you they might carry the magazine. Otherwise, I do believe it's just an online order.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%