Royal Icing

Baking By bryn Updated 27 Aug 2005 , 11:59am by MissBaritone

bryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bryn Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there. I've seen a lot of cakes deco. with flowers and other deco with royal icing. Does this have to be refrigerated if you make it with days in advance or can the deco just be left at room temp.? icon_smile.gif [/b]

4 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 5

Royal icing doesn't have to be refrigerated. Let the flowers completely dry before putting them on the cake and they'll last forever!

Debbie

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:47am
post #3 of 5

NEVER refrigerate royal icing. It should be kept in a dry warm place in order to allow it to dry out and set.

ivanabacowboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivanabacowboy Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:58am
post #4 of 5

Also be sure to allow yourself enough time for the Royal to dry, depending how big your flowers are. At least a day.

I made some Royal flowers the other day and still have some left. They are perfectly dry and hard, I just put them in little baggies.

One thing I read is to store Royal Icing at room temp in a glass container with a lid and cover the surface with plastic wrap. I would imagine the Royal can be made days in advance and left at room temp before using.

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 11:59am
post #5 of 5

You can use royal icing for a few days but the longer you keep it the harder it is to handle. I would never use royal icing that's more than a few days old

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%