Chocolate Cake Ideas 4 Beginers?

Decorating By Angelmooey Updated 3 Dec 2006 , 1:19pm by Naty

Angelmooey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelmooey Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 10:49am
post #1 of 6

hi i really need some cake ideas, im only 13 so cant do anything really hard! and i wanted to make a chocolate cake but maybe with something on top or little decoration to make it interesting, ive made fondant roses before and they turned out ok(they're in my photos).any help appreciated especially if you have photos so its easier!icon_biggrin.gif
X

5 replies
Angelmooey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelmooey Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 10:52am
post #2 of 6

o and also ino this probably sounds silly but if you add cocoa to fondant does it turn nice and brown and become chocolate fondant?

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 11:39am
post #3 of 6

Here is a link for Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2408-Chocolate-Marshmallow-Fondant.html
There's also some recipes in the recipe section for chocolate cake.
OOh, you could try chocolate ganache. You just pour this over a cake and it looks so yummy. And maybe dip strawberries in chocolate and put on top.
Here's the link to that recipe
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2116-3-Chocolate-Ganache-1.html

I've not made this yet so I don't know how hard it is to make.
Good luck with whatever you make. Can't wait to see the results.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 6

I like the chocolate cake on the Hershey's cocoa can. I haven't tried any from this site; I'm sure they are yummy.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 6

Hi Angelmooey,

Welcome!!!! I think for you can start by doctoring cake mixes first, eventhough the Hershey's cake recipe is fairly easy to make.

I have never worked with fondant but do use Wilton's butter cream recipe:

Witon's Chocolate Buttercream

Ingredients:
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup cocoa or three 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
1 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approx. 1 lb.)
3-4 tablespoons milk
Light corn syrup**
Cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add cocoa and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.

Darker Chocolate Icing: Add 4 more unsweetened chocolate squares (or ¼ cup sifted cocoa powder) and 1 more tablespoon of milk to Chocolate Buttercream Icing.

Chocolate Mocha Icing: Substitute freshly brewed strong coffee for milk in recipe.

For a unique change of pace, use 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Wilton Candy Flavors in place of vanilla extract.

For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use.

Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.

YIELD: 3 cups

**Add 3-4 tablespoons light corn syrup per recipe to thin for icing cake.

I use a large tip (I think its 1M or 1L) to make big rosettes on top of the cake.

Naty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%