Favorite Tv Quotes/lines

Lounge By indydebi Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 11:20pm by mommachris

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 57

As some of you know, I love collecting quotes. In our house, we have lots of favorite lines from favorite TV shows.

Our #1 favorite, destined to live to be a classic is from WKRP in Cincinnati, when Arthur Carlson said:
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

From Mash, when Frank Burns said, "Individuality is fine, as long as we all do it together."

From the Mary Tyler Moore Show, when the car mechanics were giving RHoda Morganstern a bad time over what terrible shape she kept her car in and cited finding a candy bar wrapper under the seat, she said: "Some people consider their car a mode of transporation. I consider it a big purse on wheels!" (Boy, does this one apply to me!)

Again from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and again from Rhoda, when Mary told her chocolate doesn't cure anything, Rhoda said: "No Mary. COTTAGE CHEESE cures nothing. CHOCOLATE cures EVERYTHING!"

YOur favorites?

56 replies
dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 57

ROSANNE show when DJ tells Rosanne that he doesn't have to listen to her because Dan out ranks her. Rosanne asks DJ "Are you new here"

indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 57

dueter, I'm so glad you added that one! My 15-yr daughter tells hubby that all the time, when he tries to tell her he's in charge. icon_lol.gif

He usually ends up walking away, shaking his head and saying "Whoever said a man's home is his castle was fulla sh**!"

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 57

I'm a huge LOST fan, so here are a couple from the show.

When Jack says, "We live together...or die alone.

When the science teacher blows up after picking up dynamite, and Hurley(the big guy) says, "Dude, you've got some...Arzt on you."

I also love the cartoon FUTURAMA. Here's my favorite.

When Fry is delivering a pizza to a cryogenics lab on New years eve 1999 he says, "Pizza delivery for...I.C. Weiner." It cracks me up everytime I watch it!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 57

I have a lot from Seinfeld, but my fave is when Elaine goes on a date and her date exposes himself to her.

Elaine: He took it out.
Jerry: IT?
Elaine: It.
Jerry: Out?
Elaine:Out.

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 12:53am
post #6 of 57

From Everybody Loves Raymond..When Ray was trying to prove that he can say anything to Deb as long as he used a good tone. She walks by and he goes " Hey there fat legs" I say that to my hubby all the time, that and "Smelly tramp"

Jaremcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaremcal Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:17am
post #7 of 57

I LOVE the "smelly tramp" episode!!

Last night on ugly betty Amanda said "If victor is my father then Daniel is my brother and I slept with daniel...a lot. That kind of dirty doesnt wash off" I was roaring.

indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:02am
post #8 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I have a lot from Seinfeld, but my fave is when Elaine goes on a date and her date exposes himself to her.

Elaine: He took it out.
Jerry: IT?
Elaine: It.
Jerry: Out?
Elaine:Out.

That episode was on tonight!! hahahahaha!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:11am
post #9 of 57

Everyone Loves Raymond
when Ray and Robert are wrestling with the spray paint gun while painting the house.
Their mom steps out of the door and they spray her face with it.
Frank comes around the corner and quips, "That's gonna need another coat."

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mommachris

jhomik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhomik Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:55am
post #10 of 57

All time favorite at my house...Reverend Jim from "Taxi". He had given a piece of candy to Louie. He and Alex were debating whether it was something illegal or a Chiclet, and here comes Danny DiVito around the corner, higher than a kite, singing and dancing, and Rev. Jim says, as only Christopher Lloyd can say, "Well, I guess we can rule out a Chiclet."

We still laugh about this when someone is acting suspiciously happy...

J.

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 57

Here is one from 30 Rock: "Live each week like its shark week!'
It is so silly that it makes me laugh everytime!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:42pm
post #12 of 57

One of my favorites is from I Love Lucy..when Lucy doesn't want little Ricky to go to pre-school and sends him out with Fred. Ricky is looking for him and Lucy says she hid him! Ricky says "He's half mine you know" and Lucy says" unfortunetly when I hid my half, your half went with him!" Cracks me up every time!.

dueter Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 7:03pm
post #13 of 57

This one from old Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Bugs is surrounded by dogs and one dog yells "Dog pile on the rabbit..Dog pile on the rabbit" and they all jump on Bugs.
My kids used to say this right before they jumped on their dad.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:14am
post #14 of 57

here are a few of my favs: icon_biggrin.gif

"There is a man in a smiling bag..." (Twin Peaks)
"Ben...where are those hickory sticks?!!" (Twin Peaks)
"He was in his livingroom chopping wood." (Twin Peaks)
"Anybody want a cup of Good Morning America?" (Fire Walk with Me)
"Her name is Eilene and it's night...let's just leave it at that" (Fire walk with me)

"They're real...and they're SPECTACULAR!" (Seinfeld)

wonderwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderwoman Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:53am
post #15 of 57

From Seinfeld: "Because people like to say 'salsa".
From Designing Women: Anthony: "During my unfortunate incarceration"

XoGuitarChefoX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
XoGuitarChefoX Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:55am
post #16 of 57

oooh i like the office quotes! its my fav. show!

"wat bear is the best?"-Jim
"i dk, grizzly?"-Dwight
" NO. black!" -jim.

Dwight: In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, "Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me and I'm dead." Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion, you're dead.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 10:53am
post #17 of 57

I'm dating myself, but "watch'you talkin' 'bout Willis?!" (Diff'rent Strokes)

tawnyachilders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tawnyachilders Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:33am
post #18 of 57

One of my families favorites is on Andy Griffith when they all go for a ride in Barney's new car and Gomer wants to sit by the window because he gets car sick. later someone asks him how he is feeling and he says "sick as a dog, but having the time of my life."

FrostinGal Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:53am
post #19 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawnyachilders

One of my families favorites is on Andy Griffith when they all go for a ride in Barney's new car and Gomer wants to sit by the window because he gets car sick. later someone asks him how he is feeling and he says "sick as a dog, but having the time of my life."

ROFL! I love that one, (as one who suffers greatly from motion sickness, but with a penchant for roller coasters icon_eek.gif ) Thank the Lord for scopalamine patches!

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:01am
post #20 of 57

"So I'm wondering, do the other cookie animals feel sort of ripped? Like, is the hippo going, "Hey, man, where are my pants? I have my hippo dignity." And you know, the monkey's just, "I mock you with my monkey pants!" And then there's a big coup in the zoo." -- Oz!

"What is your childhood trauma!" -- Cordelia

"There are some things I can just smell. It's like a 6th sense."
"Well, actually, that would be one of the five." -- Principal Snyder and Giles

"If the apocalypse comes, beep me." -- Buffy

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Yup I'm a a Buffy fan icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif I won't bore you anymore icon_biggrin.gif

mommachris Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:51am
post #21 of 57

my kids favorite from Andy Griffith.

"Want to here me sing Eating Goober Peas?"

mommachris

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 5:55pm
post #22 of 57

I don't watch that much TV, but I do watch a lot of movies and we are always quoting something or another from one of them. One of my all time favorites is from Anchorman, right in the beginning when Will Farrell is getting ready, he's looking in the mirror kind of primping and he yells out "Hey everybody, come see how good I look!"

We also quote a lot of Eddie Murphy from Raw and Delirious...those are just classic.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm
post #23 of 57

Well after thinking about it some more, I knew there had to be something! These are all from Will & Grace, said by Karen:

It's not something you can just run away from like a hotel bill or a crying baby.

You say potato, I say vodka

Gosh, I just love gambling here in Vegas. Sure, I may lose $100,000 but the drinks are free so it evens out!

indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 8:18pm
post #24 of 57

From Archie Bunker, All in the Family, in reference to Gerald Ford:

"He's doin' a hell of a job for a guy nobody voted for!"

FrostinGal Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 9:01pm
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalina1977

I don't watch that much TV, but I do watch a lot of movies and we are always quoting something or another from one of them. One of my all time favorites is from Anchorman, right in the beginning when Will Farrell is getting ready, he's looking in the mirror kind of primping and he yells out "Hey everybody, come see how good I look!"

We also quote a lot of Eddie Murphy from Raw and Delirious...those are just classic.

"It's MAH house!"
"Now that's a FIRE!"

We do a lot of Cosby's Himself around here, too.

"Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake!"
Okay, back to TV...how about this one? "Kiss mah grits!" (Alice) Again with the dating myself.

mommachris Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:45am
post #26 of 57

isn't it natural that we would all be able to quote the Bill Cosby..
"Dad is great, gives us the chocolate cake" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Eddie "I got a ice cream, you can't afford it. Want a lick, Sych!"

When we clean house we sing this old one:

From the ancient Disney cartoon ( re: before I was even born) Humphrey the bear and the Ranger at Brownstone National Park

"First you pick a rag, put it in the bag. Bump, bump."
"Then you bend your back, put it in the sack. Bump, bump."

mommachris
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:18am
post #27 of 57

I love the Golden Girls episode where Blanche finds out she's going through "the change". She is so upset, she runs to her room with Dorothy and Rose right behind her. When they get to her door, Rose says. "She's in there!", and Dorothy turns around and in a voice dripping with sarcasm says, "Really, Columbo?". It gets me every time. That line has become a staple in our house when someone says something obvious or dumb.

indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:24am
post #28 of 57

My oldest daughter is always threatening me with "Shady Pines, Ma! Shady Pines!"

dueter Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:29am
post #29 of 57

ROFLMAO indi.

Love Eddie...."Goonie GooGoo" and "Ya missed me &itch"

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:57am
post #30 of 57

Ooh, ooh-Elaine from Seinfeld after Jerry's gf walks in on George naked and sees his "shrinkage".

"I don't know how you men walk around with those things."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%