Goofy Kids Come From Goofy Parents

Decorating By mommachris Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm by grannys3angels

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:37am
post #91 of 99

My eldest daughter (now 14) was 5 when I was pregnant with her baby sster...their dad and I split up when I was 6 wks. preg. with the second one so I got to drag my 5 yr. old EVERYWHERE I went ...even to my OB/GYN for my prenatal visits. I was trying to teach her some independence...before the baby got here so that she could lighten my burden by helping dress herself etc. One morning before the fateful Dr. visit ..I bathed her and laid out her clothes and asked her could she be a big girl and dress herself while Mommy was getting ready. She said yes and all was great...for a while. I came in the room to find her dressed in the cute little summer dress and sandals I had laid out for her and hair brushed and looking awesome

Fast forward to the Drs. office I am wating my turn in the waiting area...Nikki (my eldest) gets this impish grin, looksat me and in a sinsong voice says "mommmmmy"!...I said,yes..baby...she
lifts her little skirt and says loudly .."I FORGOT PANTIES"!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 8:02am
post #92 of 99

Now that I have finished laughing and crying at the same time, I can tell my little story :

My youngest DD (then 6 yrs old) announced at the dinner table that only boys have tonsils! Tried to explain to her that all of us have tonsils but she was very insistent that only boys have them. She learnt that at school when they we learning about the human body. So I asked her to tell me where the tonsils were and she said 'You know Mummy, near their penis!. icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif Trying not to laugh, I explained that they were called testicles. DH was no help at all as he was laughing so hard he almost choked on his dinner.

froggyjustjumpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggyjustjumpin Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 8:34am
post #93 of 99

We always been the ones that jump out from around corners or up out of dark places to scare each other. That stopped with DS almost broke DD's nose. She was standing around the corner waiting on him to come up the hall into the living room. She jumped out and yelled BOO. His arm shot straight out and he punched her in the nose. It was pure reflex, he didn't hisitate at all. When her nose stopped bleeding, she was mad that he didn't get into trouble. She started it.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:16pm
post #94 of 99

I have a wedding one. You have to understand my family a little first though, my mom is the oldest child and her youngest brother is closer in age to some of us than to my mother and he likes to get kids to do stuff. My oldest brother is a very good guitar player and an okay singer and has played at all of the sibling weddings, this was my baby sister's wedding. My husband shoots so the kids have ear protection. The wedding was in a church because the park got rained out and I was sitting behind my uncle and his family. My brother started singing and my then 3 year old clamped his hands over his ears and said loudly "I wish I had some ear muffs." They didn't hear him at the front but everyone around us did and I thought my uncle was going to die laughing, I was too but at the same time I felt really bad for my brother because I knew he was going ot hear about it.

Shazzicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazzicakes Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:50am
post #95 of 99

My dh was busy with the task he hates most in the world - picking up the doggy poos in the garden (imagine the man, dry retching and all - observed by the 5 year old)

Dh to daughter : You know, I really don't need an audience for this
Daughter's response : Well, I'm not clapping and cheering

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:16am
post #96 of 99

we do the chicken but one too and my 3 year old even does it on us too! Silly kids .... we also will keep saying "what" when teh kids ask a question and see how many times they will repeat their question before realizing that we actually DO hear them lol ... it does get quite funny at times .... boy we have a lot ... we are a very goofy family.... we often hide around corners and jump out and scare each other. or the kids will ask "where are we going?" and we respond "crazy" .... then there is the old kids saying "I'm hungry" and I respond "hi, hungry ... I'm Mom" har har har...

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:24am
post #97 of 99

oh all my kids breastfed for a long time too and for the longest time and actually still to this day at 3.5 years old (although not breastfed anymore) when i hold him his hands gravitate to my boobs and he often squeezes them ... I have to try and take his hands OFF my boobs without making a scene lol ..... BUT the most embarrasing time had to be when he was like 15 months and it was summer and I was wearing a low cut shirt at the store ... I was holding onto him while I was shopping and (he was still breastfed at this time but we kept the feedings to the home of course he wasnt always satisfied with that) and he grabbed my shirt pulled it and my bra down and latched on within a matter of like 1 second right in the middle of the isle ..... I am sure I flashed a few people when I jumped and pulled him off lol, I promtly went to another isle.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #98 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Granddaughter was being taught that "shut up" was a bad word. Well, gramma's language can make a marine blush, so of course one day I let out with one of my common statements of "oh shut the fu** up!" to somebody. Granddaughter, who was about 3, looked up at mommy (my oldest daughter) and said, "Ommmmm! Banna said a bad word! She said 'shut up'!"

I guess the other word is ok with her!

I cracked up laughing! At least I wasn't the only one. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm
post #99 of 99

These stories are so funny and I enjoy reading them. Thanks everyone for the laughs.

My best friends father had passed away and we had went to the services. My daughter & 2 1/2 yr. old grand daughter went with us. We are setting in the front roll with my friend and her family. My DGD is setting in my lap, the Preacher is doing a sermon about finding Jesus in our lives and where is Jesus in our lives. He then makes the remark "Have you found Jesus?" Right as he saids that, my DGD yells and points to a huge picture of Jesus on the wall behind the him, saying "YES, theres Jesus". Oh my goodness I thought and look over at my friend and her family with tears rolling down there face, to see them all crack a little giggle, even the Preacher has a grin. After services, I said I was sorry for her outburst...they said don't worry about it kids will be kids, it was God's way of stopping the hurt if only for a few seconds.

Same DGD, she would watch the Apprentice with me. One evening last year she gets mad at her Papaw, because he wouldn't let her get her way... so she runs into the kitchen. A few seconds later she steps out of the kitchen into the den, and saids in a strong voice "Thats it, your fired!"....we all could not help but bust out laughing.

We have and still love doing the scare thing, guess we will...till the doctor tells me I have a bad heart. My family has always been crazy and funny, and when we get together, you can bet someone is going to be scared or laugh till they pee.
God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%