Need Cupcake Ideas

Decorating By cariage Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 4:23am by amoos

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 12

I am just getting started and am donating cupcakes to a bazaar being held in our town. I would like to make something that looks professional, but doesn't take forever to decorate as I will be making 100+ cupcakes. does anyone have any suggestions?

11 replies
jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 12

I made some the other day and put bc flowers on top. Good luck!

Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 12

Dear Cariage,

If you look in my pics, I have cupcakes that look like large flowers titled Chrysanthemums. They do not take long at all and they look very pretty and professional. You can do them in a multitude of colors to catch everyones' eye. I used a tip #104 for the petals and a tip #8 for the center.

Good luck and have fun! icon_wink.gif

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 12

Decorate them with tip 1M, very elegant & super quick thumbs_up.gif

HTH

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 12

Make an octupus, with a large gumdrop for the body. Ice the cupcake blue. Using a #8 or #10 tip, pipe eight legs (a bunch of "J"'s that meet in the center of the cupcake) with a color of icing that matches the gumdrop. Place the gumdrop in the center. You can pipe eyes on if you want, or leave plain. Simple, fast, and kids really like them.

For a fall theme, I've seen people use Bugle Corn Chips as cornocupias on cupcakes, then fill with fruit shaped hard candies.

Ladybugs: Ice red. Cut chocolate wafers in half for wings (they are in the grocery aisle in a long package with the graham cracker crusts). Pipe red dots on the wings and insert sticking up into the cupcake. Use a large black gumdrop for the head.

Bee: Ice yellow and pipe on 3 or 4 black stripes. Use the chocolate wafers for wings, piping a pattern in yellow on the wing. Insert in cupcake. Use a large yellow gumdrop for the head.

jene4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jene4 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 12

I just had class last night and we made gumpaste daisies. You could cover the cupcake with a 1M swirl in various fall colors and then put black-eyed susans (following the daisy instructions) on top. They are easy to make but I would imagine making 100 would be very time consuming. The crysanthamums (sp?) would also be pretty for the fall. Oh, another idea would be to do the 1M swirl and put a red, round candy in the middle to look like little ice creams. Good luck!

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 12

I have a few in my photos. Give me a few minutes and I will download some more.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:17pm
post #8 of 12

I'm a big fan of the 1M swirl! You can put multiple coordinating colors of icing in the same bag and get a really cool effect, and it's simple.

dreamn900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamn900 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:19pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz1028

Dear Cariage,

If you look in my pics, I have cupcakes that look like large flowers titled Chrysanthemums. They do not take long at all and they look very pretty and professional. You can do them in a multitude of colors to catch everyones' eye. I used a tip #104 for the petals and a tip #8 for the center.

Good luck and have fun! icon_wink.gif

I love your cupcakes. I tried to duplicate the idea but it didn't come out quite the same, although I liked the way that mine came out. icon_sad.gif

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:25am
post #10 of 12

thanks everyone for all of your great ideas. I just bought the 1m tip and will be doing swirls on some, and chrysantemums on others. It is homecoming week in our small town and I am going to make them in school colors. I think they will be more interesting and give me lots of practice.
thanks again everyone

cakegirl121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl121 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:35am
post #11 of 12

i like to put two colors into my bag and pipe it with a 21 tip. its really easy and looks really nice. 100 would be a piece of cake!

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:23am
post #12 of 12

Good Luck!!! All I can say is DON'T do a camo pattern!!! After doing 100 in Desert Camo and 100 in Woodland Camo I have vowed to never do it again, LOL. I would def. go with flowers as you can use a tip to make the process alot faster. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%