Cookie Cake ?'s

Baking By dakjack Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 3:15pm by dakjack

dakjack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dakjack Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:56am
post #1 of 10

A friend of mine would like me to do a cookie cake for her son's B-day. I have done them several times for my kids, but always just left it on the cookie sheet. My question is how do I get it from the sheet to a cake board or something to transport it on without breaking it?
Also , what should I charge for a 14 or 16 " round cookie with buttercream frosting and probably a FBCT (can I do that on a cookie?).

9 replies
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:48am
post #2 of 10

Hi, I would line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and leave some extra at the ends, so when time comes to take off the cookie sheet, just flip over the cake board and peel off the paper.

And YES, you can do a FBCT on a cookie, smooth side up, just like cakes (anyway you will end up with the smooth side up when you flip it over).

And how much to charge, I would do AT LEAST $1 per square inch... BUT remember, it also depends on your area. HTH and good luck!

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:59am
post #3 of 10

You can also bake the cookie in one of the throw away pizza pans and then you don't have to worry about taking it out. After it cools just decorate and you are done. I've done this several times and it worked great for me. HTH

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 10

what is this cookie cake you speak of??! It sounds fantastic!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 10

Love the pizza pan idea!

dakjack Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:41pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerkitten79

what is this cookie cake you speak of??! It sounds fantastic!

I guess it is not really a "cake" at all, just a giant cookie that is decorated like a cake. Although I think that some people actually do theirs in layer like a cake.
My daughter doesnt like cake icon_surprised.gif and she always asks for a "cookie cake"

dakjack Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawagner

You can also bake the cookie in one of the throw away pizza pans and then you don't have to worry about taking it out. After it cools just decorate and you are done. I've done this several times and it worked great for me. HTH

I thought about the throw away pan but I was afraid that they wouldnt bake the same, does your cookie come out the same as on a regular pan? And do they stick to the pan or do the pieces come out fairly easy when you cut it up?

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:52pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakjack

Quote:

I thought about the throw away pan but I was afraid that they wouldnt bake the same, does your cookie come out the same as on a regular pan? And do they stick to the pan or do the pieces come out fairly easy when you cut it up?

When I used to sell them I also baked them in the disposable foil pans....worked like a charm! They'll come right out when cut! I also used to bake them in pizza pans, flip them out after 10 minutes cool-time, and delivered them in pizza boxes!

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 10

If you're worried about it sticking, just turn it out on a cooling rack, let it cool, then put it back in the pan and decorate. Although, I've never had a problem with them sticking.

Good luck! Post pictures when you're done. icon_smile.gif

Holly

dakjack Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:15pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakjack

Quote:

When I used to sell them I also baked them in the disposable foil pans....worked like a charm! They'll come right out when cut! I also used to bake them in pizza pans, flip them out after 10 minutes cool-time, and delivered them in pizza boxes!

Pizza boxes ....what a great idea! Where do you get them...I mean with out having to buy in bulk and also are they blank on the top or do they say pizza ...etc... on the tops?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%