Should I Enter Cake Decorating Contest?!? I Am Only 14!

Decorating By Daisys_Cakes Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 11:52am by apclassicwed

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:55am
post #31 of 46

YOU GO GIRL!! icon_biggrin.gif

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #32 of 46

*wild applause, ear splitting whistles* DAISY!!! That's awesome!! Your cake is beautiful!

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:40pm
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Cakes

*wild applause, ear splitting whistles* DAISY!!! That's awesome!! Your cake is beautiful!

Thanks! I had the hardest time with that basketweave and I am so glad it's over with! icon_biggrin.gif There is supposed to be a competition in March in Virginia near where my sister lives, so I might get to take part in that one, but I doubt it since she lives 7 hours away.

Deborah

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:02pm
post #34 of 46

wow!!! you go girl! enter that contest. you are very talented!
good-luck!!! icon_smile.gif

dupart30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dupart30 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:15pm
post #35 of 46

CONGRATULATIONS. your cake was awesome. you did a great job. thumbs_up.gif

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #36 of 46

Congratulations!! Now that you got your first competition out of the way, the rest will be easy! I bet you are thrilled you entered now!! thumbs_up.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy1993

I got 2nd place!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif The judges gave me 5's for "neatness and precision", "choice and use of color", "attention to detail" and "overall appearence". I also got 4's for "difficulty of technique and design" and "creativity and originality". Here is the link to my cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1095003.html

Thanks for all your encouragement, without CC I never would have had the guts to enter a cake competition!

Deborah thumbs_up.gif

I saw your cake at the show, and was very impressed! You did good, kiddo! icon_smile.gif Congrats!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:29pm
post #38 of 46

Hey, hey!! Great work. See, we told you you had talenticon_smile.gif
Here's a tip for future flower making: Your pansies will pop if you paint a 'face' on them. Use a non-toxic food writer to make the marks. Non toxic fine line felt tip pens are great for this.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #39 of 46

I think that it's amazing that you entered (and WON!) a contest! I am in my 30's and I wouldn't have any courage to do that. How amazing! Your cakes look great! Congratulations, and I hope you DO enter that contest near your sister. Best of luck! icon_biggrin.gif

GLEIGH75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLEIGH75 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #40 of 46

Congratulations!! Your cakes are gorgeous and I think that is awesome that you have the confidence (and the talent that I am incredibly jealous of) to enter these contests. Can't wait to see more of your cakes icon_biggrin.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #41 of 46

Congratulations!!

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:46pm
post #42 of 46

Congrats! That is awesome. I think you do wonderful work and very impressive flowers, I have seen people twice your age do flowers half as impressive. You should be very proud, keep up the good work. I get the chance to work with some girls about your age this week at my shop and I can't wait to see what they can do. I am always so impressed with such talent at such a young age. I can only imagine where you will be by the time you are 20. This is a great inspiration for my daughter too, she is only 5 and loves to decorate so you will be a great roll model for her to keep up with.

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:52pm
post #43 of 46

Hey Daisy1993, congrats on your cake, it was a very cute cake! Where is the competition at in VA? Is there a website for it? I just did my first competition in the state fair and I'm hooked! How do you find out about all these cool contests?? Please share!!

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:53pm
post #44 of 46

Daisy1993,

Your cakes are so nice Smooth icing, wonderful border flowers are just beautiful,

HELLO, HELLO YES YOU SHOULD. YOU ARE VERY TALENTED

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU COULD WIN IF YOU DON;T TRY IT'S JUST LIKE LOTTO YOU CAN WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY,

SO GO FOR IT AND DO IT, BEST OF LUCK
GOD BLESS
MICHELLE thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanscakebabies

Congrats! That is awesome. I think you do wonderful work and very impressive flowers, I have seen people twice your age do flowers half as impressive. You should be very proud, keep up the good work. I get the chance to work with some girls about your age this week at my shop and I can't wait to see what they can do. I am always so impressed with such talent at such a young age. I can only imagine where you will be by the time you are 20. This is a great inspiration for my daughter too, she is only 5 and loves to decorate so you will be a great roll model for her to keep up with.

Good grief! You guys are making me blush! icon_redface.gif I keep on getting messages from people saying that I am such an inspiration to younger kids.

jenbakescakes here is the link to the website

http://www.midatlanticcakeshow.com/upcoming.html

It is actually in Maryland in April (sorry about the wrong details, the director of the cake show I entered told me about the show but until now I had not had a chance to look it up).

Deborah

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:52am
post #46 of 46

Congratulations on a job VERY WELL DONE! Your cake was beautiful and the flowers are lovely (I still cant do violets/pansies after 15 years!) Keep up the good work and keep entering contests--you have the talent to do it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%