Would You Mind Voting?

Lounge By krysoco Updated 11 Oct 2007 , 5:59pm by krysoco

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 3:03am
post #1 of 38

I'm 30 wks. pregnant. DH and I haven't decided on a baby's name yet. We want an unusual K name. Don't know the gender.

For a girl:
DH likes Karmyn. I like Kalistyn or Korryn. DD likes Kortlyn. The middle name will be Kikuno (after my great grandmother).

For a boy:
DH likes Kruz. I like Kohen or Kolton. DD likes Kodrey.

Could some of you vote on these name suggestions to help us decide which name to go w/?

Thanks.

37 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 4:21am
post #2 of 38

I like Korryn. I had that same name but with a C picked out and my DH didn't go for it. It's unusual and not heard off hardly ever. I always liked the name Kora (like coral without the L) too. With the middle name being so intense and such a strong name, I would shoot for a name that rolls off the tongue easily.

I like Kolton for the boys name, of course these all sound good.

(One of my girls name starts with a K and it's Kyra, not too many people named this one either)

Good luck--My DH and I could never agree on a baby name until I was in labor. icon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 7:43am
post #3 of 38

Those are certainly unusual....
I like Korryn and Kolton..

I hope your last name doesn't begin with K also!!! icon_surprised.gif

Best of luck to you!

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 38

I like Korryn and Kolton.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 38

I just wanted to add a little bit here ... I was given an unusual first name when I was born, to go along with my unusual last name Im sure, anyways I grew up disliking my name and to this day still do ... so please just keep that in mind thumbs_up.gif Don't mean to offend anyone here it's just my own two cents!

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 38

I like Karmyn and Kohen

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 38

Karmyn is soooooo cute.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 1:48pm
post #8 of 38

I love Karmyn and Kohen is cute too. thumbs_up.gif

Deborah

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 38

I tend to avoid names that my child will have to spend the rest of their life spelling for people. And this is a silly reason, but you can never find those personalized license plates for your child's bicycle or personalized coffee cups as gifts for co-workers with unusual spellings.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:25pm
post #10 of 38

I like Karmyn.

krysoco Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:30am
post #11 of 38

Thanks. I'm keeping tally.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:38am
post #12 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysoco

I'm 30 wks. pregnant. DH and I haven't decided on a baby's name yet. We want an unusual K name. Don't know the gender.

For a girl:
DH likes Karmyn. I like Kalistyn or Korryn. DD likes Kortlyn. The middle name will be Kikuno (after my great grandmother).

For a boy:
DH likes Kruz. I like Kohen or Kolton. DD likes Kodrey.

Could some of you vote on these name suggestions to help us decide which name to go w/?

Thanks.

I like Karmyn and Korryn. Also like Kolton.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 9:08am
post #13 of 38

I agree with indydebi. We named our eldest Rebekah spelt the biblical way because both DH and I really loved the name. Unfortnately, whenever she has to give her name for forms, etc she has to say Rebekah spelt with a 'kah' not 'cca'

That being said, I like Karmyn.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:30am
post #14 of 38

Ok, I also like Kolton but I am going throw a couple more out there that I like. For a girl Kendra and boy Keanu (sp). They aren't to common. Just my opinion. Oh, one more Kendall.
I do agree with not going over board as far as the spelling for the kids sake. Congrats!!
Faye

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 12:13pm
post #15 of 38

I like Karmyn and Kohen.

I have an unusual name. Well for where I live it's unusual... When I was young I hated my name, but now I love it. I think that having a name that's not common makes people remember you more. I still get some "Doris" "Lori" and many people don't think I'm a woman when they just see my name, so I often receive letters addressed to "Mr. Lorris Tremblay", but hey I don't mind.... I know find it funny. I never met someone with the same first name here where I live. I saw a few on TV, the first one was a man, on America's most wanted icon_eek.gif after that I decided to make a research and found out that's a man's name.... geez no wonder I get the "Mr" thing... icon_lol.gif
When I was a teen, I liked the Cindy Lauper record because of the title that was so me : "She's so unusual" Yep I'm not like everyone else, I'M ME!!!

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #16 of 38

I though of another one. Kaliyah..... icon_biggrin.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #17 of 38

I agree completely with IndeyDebi, I always look for personalized things with my name on them and the very few things I do find the name is always spelled wrong on it as well ... they always have the more common way of spelling a not so common name .. and yes I do get tons of Mr so and so mail instead of the Mrs so and so ... and there are a lot of people out there who mis pronounce my name until I correct them ... and a lot of people who dont catch my name the first time I say it to them either .. my name is my pet peeve .. LOL

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:22pm
post #18 of 38

I like Korryn and Kohen. My son's middle name is Cade and everyone asks us is that a family name. Like we wouldn't have named him that unless it was.

krysoco Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:48pm
post #19 of 38

Thanks so much for everyone's input. I agree w/Pootchi. We named our first DD Katelyn. I didn't know of any at the time we named her. When she went to school, there were 5 in her grade (at a very small school). She was Katelyn S. to everybody and everything. I hated it. It was just unfair. So we went w/more uncommon names for our 2nd and 3rd child. I get lots of compliments on their names.
Whether your name is John/Jon or Cheryl/Sherrill or Kathryn/Catherine, etc., you have to spell your name out to everyone on everything. That's no big deal at all.
And as far souvenirs, I never ever wanted a pencil, mug, or magnet w/my name on it. Never have my kids asked for those things either. So that's not really an issue for me either.

I'm keeping up a tally on the votes. Thanks everyone for being honest and voting.

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:57pm
post #20 of 38

I love Kalistyn and Kolton, so you can end the poll 'cuz that's my vote. =D

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:14pm
post #21 of 38

Oh, I thought of another cute but not to common K name, Keely.

krysoco Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:21pm
post #22 of 38

Thanks for everyone voting.

I really like to hear any other name suggestions yall can give.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:38pm
post #23 of 38

I'm a fan of Queen Latifah so I thought of Kadidja, like in Living single, the sitcom she was in a few years back....

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:52pm
post #24 of 38

My daughters friends name is Kayle (kay-lee). I always thought that was really pretty for a girl.

My brother likes the name Kandon for a boy.

But you already now my vote for the names you have listed. icon_razz.gif

katydid6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katydid6 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:45am
post #25 of 38

I think that what ever name you and your husband choose you should think about your child as an adult and then picture that name with your child. If you still like the whole picture then you have a keeper. Good Luck and best wishes for the bundle of joy

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:31pm
post #26 of 38

Out of your list I like Kohen.
I also like Kelan for a boy and Karen for a girl, although I don't know if it is common some places.

If you want an unsual name, and for it to stay unusual as they grow up, I'd be careful of names celebrities have used for their children in the last few years and names in popular tv programs...just a thought.

Congratulations!

mkgsweims Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkgsweims Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:27pm
post #27 of 38

My cousin has four kiddos and named them all with K's.
Kira, Korina (girls) Keagen, Kaden (boys)
And my name is Kendra (but if you want unusual name don't use that one because I hear that name a lot among little girls now days)

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:02pm
post #28 of 38

Here's one for a girl that one of my customers named her daughter...

KADENCE

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 7:21pm
post #29 of 38

well i love kikuno can that be the girl's first name??

also from a fellow oddly spelled first namer, its not that big of a deal to spell your name for people. i dont need a toothbrush or keychain with my name on it either. my mom sewed my name on my belongings before I went to summer camp... its all the same icon_biggrin.gif guess what is more annoying than having your name mispronounced/spelled? when your name is so common that when someone says "hey kristen" three people say "yea?" i have forced upon nicknames at work because I was not the incumbent kristen.

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:51pm
post #30 of 38

Once again, I'm with IndyDebi. I was named after my grandfather, ergo, the masculine spelling "Len" instead of "Lynn". I grew up hating that. At least I wasn't a boy, I could have been "Lenox Leroy".

BTW, now, I'm glad I was named after him. But, I always have to correct the way people spell my name.

icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%