Revenge Is Mine!!!!!

Decorating By heavenlys Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 2:11pm by Candes

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:24am
post #1 of 19

A few weeks ago I posted about my local hospital asking me to cater and a VIP event they were hosting and I spent over 3 hours planning their menu and then they took my menu and had their dietary aids make the food. I was bitter and upset but decided the best way to ahndle it is host my own event and make my event the most amazing.

So my bakery just turned 5!!!!! Super excited about that. So we had a birtyday party last night and it was awesome. we had over 200 people attend. ANd people just melted over the food. We had a d.j. and tons of door prizes and gift bags for everyone. My goft bags also had my new holiday brochure and a coupon book that has discounts on cake and lunches icon_smile.gif.

I made sweet n sour meatballs, tomato bruchetta, feta cheese puffs, orzo stuffed tomatoes, bacon bites, shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms, deli pinwheels, 4 kinds of dip, cheeseballs, set up the choclate fountain and had mini cupcakes and cheesecakes.

My banker fell in love with the meatballs and begged me to bring him any leftovers today!! I think I may be able to bargain for a bigger line of credit.

I think this will really increase our Christmas party bookings!
ANd I heard many times that this is the best live after 5 event this town has ever had!!! Revenge is mine and in a healthy constructive way!!!

Thanks again for all your support before!!!

18 replies
jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:45am
post #2 of 19

party.gifCongratulations!!! Sounds like you had a blast and I am happy for you!!!! I wish I was close, I would have crashed that party for a meatball icon_lol.gif !!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:48am
post #3 of 19

Congrats, you little icon_evil.gif LOL! Wish I could have been there..... I cannot believe the hospital did that to you.....

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:51am
post #4 of 19

Congratulations! I'm so glad you took the high road and it paid off!!! I love that you can bargain meatballs for credit! icon_wink.gif I miss Iowa. LOL The food sound DELICIOUS and I'm sure it tasted wonderful as well. Here's to a prosperous holiday season!! icon_biggrin.gif

heavenlys Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 10:56am
post #5 of 19

mgdqueen- what part of Iowa were you from? Do you really miss it? One day it was 34 degrees the next it was 80. Gotta love it though.

Thanks everyone for w you well wishes.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:08am
post #6 of 19

Born in Anamosa, lived in Center Junction (yeah, it has about 60 people), Fairfield, Manly, Clear Lake, Mason City, spent summers with my brother in Lemars and Craig...I think that's it. I miss the small town camaraderie more than anything. When your neighbors would find out you were sick and bring over homemade soup, got together for sledding parties, etc. I definitely miss the snow sometimes, but only around Christmas! In Iowa, you missed school when it snowed a FOOT. Now, the kids miss if it flurries (and I'm NOT kidding!!!!)

cmeridge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmeridge Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 19

okay is anyone else hungry now. Your spread sounds amazing. I know with that turn out you might have to do some turn downs, for the holidays. Since your will be so busy.
Thats the best revenge. Good Job!!

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 19

mmmm.... feta cheese puffs .... mmmm .... cheeseballs ..... mmmmm .... pardon me while I drool ... That hospital will get what it deserves. sounds like Karma is a really tasty witch! Oh well, even if the hospital event went well, they'll be out of luck when it comes to the next one, since they won't have a menu to swipe!

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:12pm
post #9 of 19

Wow - I can't believe the hospital did that to you - that's cr@ppy! They should have at least told you they were looking for a menu consultation and given you some sort of credit for the work that went into pulling the menu together.

Big CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 years in business - that is huge!

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:22pm
post #10 of 19

Congratulations on 5 years, sounds like you had a swinging party, man the food spread sounds soooooo goood. Well it is the hospital lost for sure, not having you do your menu. Again congratulations.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 3:32pm
post #11 of 19

Happy Birthday to your bakery. Congrats on all your success!!

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:12pm
post #12 of 19

That's the way to do it! Turn the negative energy into positive thumbs_up.gif Good for you, good luck with the holiday season icon_biggrin.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:25pm
post #13 of 19

yum, i am SO hungry now.

good for you.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:25pm
post #14 of 19

yum, i am SO hungry now.

good for you.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 9:35pm
post #15 of 19

Wow, what a great for you. Has the event occured at the hospital yet? Just wondering how their food was with your menu?

Good Luck.

heavenlys Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 11:13am
post #16 of 19

Yes they had their event already and they scaled down my original menu becasue they couldn't do it all and waht they did was average. It had been to honour a couple that donated tons of cash to them and when they had called they said that wanted something SUper special.
I went to the event and they announced that they had been slaving away in the kitchen all day and even the PR manager of the hospital had been making food. She was the one that had originally contacted me for the event.

We had a ton of people come in and say that was the best live after 5 event they have ever been to. SOme said thanks for setting the bar high for these type of events. and others came to say crap they missed it icon_smile.gif

Thank you for all your encouraging words. I am super excited to have made it to 5!!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 11:30am
post #17 of 19

Congratulations on your event and your being open five years. Good for you in getting the last laugh.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 11:48am
post #18 of 19

Congratulations!!! On both your anniversary and on hosting a kick a$$ shing ding in which to celebrate said anniversary!!! party.gif

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:11pm
post #19 of 19

Congrats on the milestone. Your menu sounds devine. icon_biggrin.gif

My in-laws are from Storm Lake. It was soo bizzar to see parked cars, RUNNING but it was November and it was Storm Lake. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%