Nfsc...and Then ?

Baking By nnicole1234 Updated 18 Nov 2006 , 11:47am by BarbaraK

nnicole1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nnicole1234 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 11:53am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone who's reading !

I made the nfsc thursday afternoon and after they were completely cooled I decorated them thursdayevening with thin Royal Icing (with egg-white poeder in it)
Friday the RI was dried and I wrapped the cookies in plastic bags...tied

I tried a cookie to know how it would taste with the RI on top but I found the cookie a bit soft (like you sometimes have with biscuits wich are not been stored in a tight container)

Will the softnes dissapear in time ? Or is it supposed to be a bit soft ?
Did I do something wrong ?

Regards Nicole
p.s. please forgive me my language misstakes...I'm dutch. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 4

Your message was fully understood!
First, you may not have baked them long enough....BUT....
the icing will make them a little soft inside anyway even though the cookie is still a firm cookie. Plus, you may not have let them sit out long enough to really firm up. The only problem I've ever had with these cookies is that it takes awhile from start to finish since they have to 'set' for at least 24 hours before bagging or packing. Hope this helps.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 1:14am
post #3 of 4

Lots of people say to let the cookies "set" for 24 hours before bagging. Doesn't that make the cookie go stale faster? I was taught to wrap cookies/food well to retain freshness so I am PARANOID about letting the iced cookies sit out for 24 hour! icon_eek.gif
What is your opinion?

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 11:47am
post #4 of 4

I normally let my cookies set overnight (when the royal icing is firm to the touch, I cover the cookies with a sheet of wax paper to keep off the dust) and then wrap them. If properly wrapped, the cookies stay fresh up to 2 weeks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%