Is There A Story Behind Your Avatar?

Lounge By Briarview Updated 30 Nov 2006 , 4:48pm by karennayak

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 8:13am
post #1 of 65

My is the Briar Rose as I live among the Briar Rose and we have called our home Briarview so hence my member name. Have you a story?

64 replies
AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 8:19am
post #2 of 65

Your story of the briar rose is really neat. I like your idea of asking about names and avatars.

I love to bake whether it is cakes, pies, cheesecakes, cookies, etc. It really doesn't matter as long as it is anything sugar. There is the name.
As for the avatar, it was one listed on Cake Central and I didn't take time to look for another one lol.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 8:27am
post #3 of 65

Mine also is from cakecentral. I am going to put one of my cakes on there. But my cakes are so so and can't figure out what one to put on there.

KelCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KelCake Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 8:31am
post #4 of 65

My avatar is my puppy, Honey. She is a Chinese shar-pei.

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 8:40am
post #5 of 65

Hey Briarview!

Well you know about mine...... I'm a proud 'Kiwi" girl!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:37pm
post #6 of 65

Okay, I will admit it. I have the hots for Legolas! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Orlando not in character is okay (well, okay, hot too... icon_redface.gif ), there is just something that happens as soon as that blonde wig, blue contacts and pointy ears are added! Ah, my dreamy guy! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 65

Mine is my 8 yr. old boxer who still thinks she's a puppy!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:43pm
post #8 of 65

My name is the shortest that I always use (and so I can find myself when needed!) and my photo is actually the first one that actually worked downloading!! No brain behind mine! I will say that I love so many of the photos that people submit! They are each our own!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:43pm
post #9 of 65

Mine changes by the day......Just to fit the mood I am in. icon_lol.gif

Enough Said icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

Stay tuned icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:44pm
post #10 of 65

mine is my nick name for my kids when they are babies. they are all like funny "monkey babies"plus its just so darn cute! lol o and my name is actually my 2 oldest kids names put together..Starr and Chase.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 12:51pm
post #11 of 65

Hey Kay-try this link to resize your cake pic:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Mine is Ralphie in his pink bunny suit that Aunt Clara made him from Christmas Story. That movie is a holiday tradition around our house!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:01pm
post #12 of 65

My avatar changes from time to time. I have always had a hug in my heart for bears, and this November bear does the trick for me. Next month I will be doing Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch, and others.

Note to missyek:

If you think Orlando is hot in Lord of the Rings, you should see him in Kingdom of Heaven.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:02pm
post #13 of 65

Mine is my 1 year old son, Nathan. He is eating his 1st birthday smash cake that I of course made, so I thought it was fitting. My member name is well...my name! I guess I wasnt feeling very creative that day.

RitzyFritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitzyFritz Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:02pm
post #14 of 65

Well, I too had trouble getting a picture that would "work" on CC. I love roses (every room in my house has roses - victorian style), so my avatar is appropriate. icon_wink.gif

My name is actually a combination of two nicknames I had as a kid (Ritz and Fritz - real name is Rita). So...I just combined them because wouldn't we all like to be Ritzy? LOL!!

Briarview: You must have been reading my mind because just a few days ago I was thinking that I would like to know why people choose the names and avatars that they do. I guess we will now know/find out.

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:13pm
post #15 of 65

I had a red sparkly cake as my avatar until the breakdown on CC yesterday.....so I changed it to celebrate how I was feeling when it came back up!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

As far as my name on CC...my real name is Maureen (never been a big fan of that). Ever since high school friends and family call me Mo and of course cake is my very favorite thing to eat, to make, to decorate, to dream about, etc.....hence the name "mocakes"!

Great thread....very fun to read!

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:19pm
post #16 of 65

Where do y'all find these wonderul avatars???? I am too plain...need to change.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:20pm
post #17 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

Hey Kay-try this link to resize your cake pic:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Mine is Ralphie in his pink bunny suit that Aunt Clara made him from Christmas Story. That movie is a holiday tradition around our house!

Your avatar reminded me of what we did last christmas, we stuffed my grandaughters all in one coat placed, it on settee and we all had a go at sticking our heads at the back...this is me....silly now, but we did have a lot of fun at the time....wonderful memories, aaahh, last christmas was the first time in years we were all together on xmas day...4 kids and 6 grandchildren. I've just tried to resize it...hope it worked

Denise

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:21pm
post #18 of 65

I am very active in martial arts. It's my all consuming passion aside from cakes, and I'd be lost without it. Karateka means a loyal student of karate in Japanese, and my avatar is the Japanese kanji for "karate do".

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:24pm
post #19 of 65

hmmm good topic icon_smile.gif my daughter wanted me to download yahoo messenger and get online to chat with her... why?? I don't know really because we do have telephones lol .. she just was bored I suppose .. so being the Mom I am, I did the download and was trying to create a nickname to use... everything I tried was taken!! I was mumbling to myself that I was going through all this headache to "entertain her" and the light bulb in my brain came on... I chose this nickname with some creative spelling, because once again, every way I tried to spell it was taken lol .. my avatar is one of my cakes icon_smile.gif

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:26pm
post #20 of 65

Let's see...my name is my name and last name initial. I came on cake central 2 years ago to ask a couple of questions and when I decided to come on as a regular a few months ago, I was still registered under that name.

My avatar is a photo of most of my biscotti flavors. Since Biscotti is my primary business I use it as a background on my flyers, etc., and I thought it would be fun to use here.

Thanks for the fun thread, Briarview!

Kathi

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:27pm
post #21 of 65

well.....minewas the only one i could find that i liked and could manage to shrink enough !!!

As far as my namethats kinda funny.

i have been using "sweetviolet" for a long time .....however when i signed up for CC somehow I mistyped and added an L-so I became sweetvioLent-arg...

but i guess it kinda fits-tehe

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:28pm
post #22 of 65

My first choice for name was miamidolfingrama with dolphin avatar. The Miami Dolphins are my favorite football team,even though they can't seem to win very many games. Well after having to type the name in a few times I changed it to just dolfin. (took to darn long).

My avatar is actually a picture of my honey and 3 grandkids but after shrinking and reshrinking about a million times I ended up with 1/2 my honey's face and 3/4's of grandson's face. No idea where the girls went icon_cry.gif and its staying this way till my son comes home for christmas and shows me how to do it!!!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:33pm
post #23 of 65

My name is just that - my name!

The picture is my next husband - McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy (Patrick Dempsey in real life) only he doesn't know it yet - LOL icon_lol.gif

feverfixer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feverfixer Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:35pm
post #24 of 65

My Avatar is the dragon on one of my cakes. It was designed by my husband out of Play-Do first, then we worked together in sugar paste. I love him! (The dragon and my husband!)
My name comes from my job. I am a Nurse Practitioner hence the "fever fixer". It has been my e-mail address forever!
Diane

RitzyFritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitzyFritz Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:36pm
post #25 of 65

Luby....I love your signature!! That is so funny. I was raised exactly like that. Brings back wonderful memories (or maybe not so wonderful when I think of brussel sprouts, etc. YUCK! LOL!!)

Thanks for the good laugh. icon_biggrin.gif

cakegirl0315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl0315 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:43pm
post #26 of 65

My name is cause I usually get called the cake girl at work and the numbers are just my birthday.

I just found the bunnies on an avatar webstie and fell in love with them icon_smile.gif I always had rabbits when I was growing up.

I found a great one for christmas though. It's going to be the gingerbread man from Shrek!!!

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:43pm
post #27 of 65

I run marathons (gotta work off all that cake!) and 26.2 miles is the distance of a marathon. My avatar is a picture of a street sign that I took with my camera phone during the Chicago marathon last year.

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:49pm
post #28 of 65

My avatar is my one year old Boxer baby! His name is Bubbie Roo, and he is almost 70 lbs of spoiled rotten dog!

Jaade48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaade48 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:52pm
post #29 of 65

My name is for my favorite stone Jade and the year I was born. I spelled the name with 2 'a's' because it was taken with one 'a'. The pic is a cake I did for a baby shower.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 1:57pm
post #30 of 65

Mine was downloaded for me by my dear grandaughter because she knows I love birds.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%