Oh I Am Pure Evil... Ya'll Are Going To Love This!

Lounge By Carolynlovescake Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 6:20pm by freddyfl

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:16pm
post #151 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

From my experience (and I'm not saying every person) some people who are in church every Sun. and sometimes during the week, who claim they are christians, are the biggest hypocrites!! They are the ones who are always talking about someone, telling other peoples personal business and creating drama every chance they ge; but you never hear or know they f@#$$& up sh@#!

*quick note, this isn't directed at you, but everyone posting their issues on this topic. icon_wink.gif *

LOL, I wouldn't say that Christians are the biggest hypocrites, I say humans, in general are. We are all hypocritical. Everyone. If you say your aren't, then you just haven't figured out where you are being hypocritical, yet. LOL.....Like people who expect you to let them in on the freeway, yet never will let anyone else in.....hypocrite! Seriously, I hate the whole, "hypocritical" thing...it is old and tired....everyone in every religion has their flaws, because they are human and humans are flawed beings. One can't judge a religion on the person, but rather on the merit of the religion itself. If someone says that they are a Christian, therefore they wouldn't do this or that, it is like someone else said, they are giving a basis on why they wouldn't do it. If that bugs you do what everyone else here has told the Christians to do and ignore it. If their saying, I am a Christian, yadda yadda yadda bugs you and you tell them not to say their opinion and look away than how are you any less hypocritical by not following your own advice and ignoring that, (the Christian's) behavior? These are just my 2 cents. As far as trying to preach the word, I have heard a saying that I have always liked. You can scare the chickens away if you throw the seed hard enough........I.E. the harder you throw the WORD at people the more likely you are to scare off your intended audience. Yes, I too am a Christian, and no I am not perfect, and Yes, I am a hypocrite, and yes I F*&% up all the time....that is why there is grace, literally, Thank the Lord, so by saying I am a Christian is not to make others feel belittled, or less than, or sinful, it is because it is a part of me, it is a Large part of me and how I work and why I strive for certain things. Do I wish I was a better Christian, you bet your bippy I do. DO I wish that everyone on these boards were Christian, of course I do, do I think less of those that aren't not a bit. Would I jump down someones throat if they said, As a Wiccan I think this is how it is....nope. I would disagree with them maybe, but I wouldn't say that they can't post their opinion because they are wiccan, or because they should turn their head and look the other way. Why should my freedom of speech be any less than yours, because I am a Christian? You have the right to voice your opinion as does everyone on here. No one was Slamming anyone for not being a certian religion.......they were stating their opinion based on their religious beliefs. If that is not allowed than freedom of speech has gone out the window and they people who like to throw out the word Hypocrite have become the biggest hypocrites of all.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:17pm
post #152 of 153

CarolynGwen, I so see where you're coming from. Not so much on a cake basis (cause I'm still new to this thing) but from a life standpoint. I have to say you definitely made your point. icon_rolleyes.gif Let's just hope this woman got it because she sounds like the kind who may never realize where she was wrong in this.

Oh, yeah, and the only thing I could see in what you did as being "not so nice" as a human being is just flaunting it in front of everyone (although as a human it would have been great to see). She wanted a free cake and you didn't agree on anything in particular so what's wrong with baking the cake and delivering the one you made? There was nothing wrong with that --human or Christian-wise. Just maybe the intent but sometimes we humans just can't take anymore (Christian or otherwise). Since none of us were actually in CarolynGwen's position, I don't think any of us have any business stating how we would have reacted differently. Christian-wise or not Christian-wise.

And Fellow Christians:

For the Christian aspect of this forum, I am also a Christian and I feel it VERY disheartening to see Christians respond this way to a friend. Calling out the faults in this fellow ccers cake story in the WAY it was done as well as admonishing the other ccers for patting her on the back. We all would respond differently (even the same Christians raised in the same family) just because we're human and have different circumstances.

In addition, from a PK's (pastor kid--and have been all my life) standpoint, I have seen in church and life that the quickest way to lose people is by saying "I believe this because I'm a Christian." It's a cop-out statement, and yes, it does come across as you are better than everyone else. If you ever want to get through to people, come up with something that supports your belief without using that in it. It's much easier than you'd think and people actually listen. So, fellow Christians, can we not leave out the Christian comments in this cake forum because all it does is cause problems (which actually is the opposite of what we Christians have been put on earth to do).

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 6:20pm
post #153 of 153

sorry I obviously didn't see Heath's post before I posted! oops

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%