Oh I Am Pure Evil... Ya'll Are Going To Love This!

Lounge By Carolynlovescake Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 6:20pm by freddyfl

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:51am
post #31 of 153

WARNING DO NOT READ THIS while eatting POPCORN !!!!

I was sititng here eatting some yummy kettle corn from the recent fair and I nearly choked to death while reading this aloud to my husband , I kept giggling and laughing so much I darn near killed myself !!!

hugs you have guts I do not have to do but boy have I wanted to do this before !!!

hugs you go girl !

Monica

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:51am
post #32 of 153

CarolynGwen! Welcome to the "dark side" You're in good company!

*Takes off-set spatula out of sheath and knights CG!!*

Take your seat at the round table!

thumbs_up.gif

Photomommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Photomommie Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:51am
post #33 of 153

ROTFLMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ( and I have a BIG A$#)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz1028

I sooooooooooooooo would love to have been there!

Cake mix - 10 for $10
Icing in a jar - $2.39
Look on the "Rude" mother for asking for a free cake - Priceless

I love your spunk and your big "BAL#@" for having the guts to do exactly what you did!

That says it perfect! thumbs_up.gif

Good for you, pat yourself on the back for that one! We all wish we could say that! icon_twisted.gif

You make us proud............ icon_twisted.gif LOL

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:52am
post #34 of 153

What is wrong with all of you. This could have been handled is a much better way that did not hurt anyone. You could of said on the call that you were dissappointed that she would call and invite your son only to get a free cake. You could have said you were already booked so you son would bring a gift if she still wanted him to come. There are many ways to settle a dispute like this. You could have just said no thank you like I did for my daughter's 5th grade graduation. I am not trying to be a bigger person here just a good Christian. These are the examples we teach our children??? This was a perfect time to teach a child how people can be dishonest and how to handle the situation. Instead we have a board full of people laughing and teaching the children of tomorrow how to be just as mean spirited as other s are. An eye for an eye. I am disappointed.

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:56am
post #35 of 153

I love it love it love it icon_lol.gif
I wish I would have been there. I'm glad the little girl didn't care or even realize what was going on. I am going to email it to my friends. mabe they will think of this before asking for a free cake. although none of them ever have...yet.

kansaslaura Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:56am
post #36 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakemanOH

What is wrong with all of you. This could have been handled is a much better way that did not hurt anyone. You could of said on the call that you were dissappointed that she would call and invite your son only to get a free cake. You could have said you were already booked so you son would bring a gift if she still wanted him to come. There are many ways to settle a dispute like this. You could have just said no thank you like I did for my daughter's 5th grade graduation. I am not trying to be a bigger person here just a good Christian. These are the examples we teach our children??? This was a perfect time to teach a child how people can be dishonest and how to handle the situation. Instead we have a board full of people laughing and teaching the children of tomorrow how to be just as mean spirited as other s are. An eye for an eye. I am disappointed.

Excuse me, but if telling a lie to get out of doing something you don't want to do isn't dishonest, I don't know what is.

I'll shoot straight, and accept the consequenses, thank you very much.

2winboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2winboyz Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #37 of 153

Priceless! Thank you for making my night! And kudos for standing up for your son. I volunteer to make cakes for friends' kids' birthdays now for practice and hope to get licensed one day. I hope no one ever takes advantage of me esp my family like this. You've set a great example for me.

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #38 of 153

icon_surprised.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #39 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

CarolynGwen - I just don't believe you did this. You're making it up!

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

YOU ROCK!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Wish I had the cake balls to pull that one. Still - going to print it and if the opportunity arises, I'm going to try it!

Oh no I did it.

I live in the capital city in the country of Cheapville. (Someone was trying to get a large purchase discount at McD's for a family of 5 the other day I kid you not!)

Almost every order for kids events is someone bartering for lower prices for better cakes. It gets old but outside of wedding season I have to play nice to have income. With strangers I have much more patience and am much more professional in my dealings.

With friends though, I've reached the end of my rope. My problem is this friend just has a hand out at every corner. She doesn't do things for others unless it benefits her some how or she can use it against you as leverage to benefit her down the road. All of her friends tired of it and backed off ages ago from her. I was pretty much the last one who had any contact. After this I doubt I will. LOL

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #40 of 153

Kudos to you! And I think that the fact that the birthday girl was happy makes it that much more rewarding!

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:59am
post #41 of 153

I can see this might get heated....
CakemanOH: Sometimes you can only take so much. You can't expect everyone to react as you would, nor do you have to react as others. We can't always be doormats to be walked on.

CakemanOH Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:00am
post #42 of 153
Quote:
Quote:

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

Ok Kansaslaura. Seems some do not live by their avatars. It looks good in writing though.

hspree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hspree Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:00am
post #43 of 153

I'm with CakemanOH. I think you can speak your opinion without tearing someone else down. No good comes out of it.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:02am
post #44 of 153

thumbs_up.gif Indydebi will love this story! icon_biggrin.gif Good for you.......what a piece of work she obviously is..........pats on the back! icon_smile.gif

PS: Not a story to read while drinking iced tea either! icon_lol.gificon_confused.gif

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:03am
post #45 of 153

re: CakemanOH reply.

There was no-one hurt in this situation.

Invitation was accepted with a cake to be presented on such day. Mother of child did present cake.

What about mother of b'day girl - she is not satisfied with GIFT of cake.

Only people hurt were the mothers of the chidren. One justifiably and the other one not. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Give me a break.

CakemanOH Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:04am
post #46 of 153
Quote:
Quote:

CakemanOH: Sometimes you can only take so much. You can't expect everyone to react as you would, nor do you have to react as others. We can't always be doormats to be walked on.

Nah. Shouldn't be heated. I do not expect people to react as I would....I am dissappointed that a bad situation was reacted to with a bad situation and it get's cheered on. I just think there are better ways to deal with these situations.

CakemanOH Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:09am
post #47 of 153
Quote:
Quote:

There was no-one hurt in this situation.

Invitation was accepted with a cake to be presented on such day. Mother of child did present cake.

What about mother of b'day girl - she is not satisfied with GIFT of cake.

Only people hurt were the mothers of the chidren. One justifiably and the other one not. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Just the title of this thread alone shows there was malice and an attempt to be cruel in this situation.

AmyCakes2 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:09am
post #48 of 153
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Nah. Shouldn't be heated. I do not expect people to react as I would....I am dissappointed that a bad situation was reacted to with a bad situation and it get's cheered on. I just think there are better ways to deal with these situations.

And as I stated, not everyone reacts the same way. When one gets constantly taken advantage of, one can get pretty ticked off. From what I understand, the kids weren't involved in the "drama". Sometimes, certain people only finally react to dramatic situations. You don't have to agree with what happened, but it happened and we can now move on.

kansaslaura Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:10am
post #49 of 153
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

Ok Kansaslaura. Seems some do not live by their avatars. It looks good in writing though.

Since my character is being called into question Let me take a moment and define what is generous and what is being taken advantage of.

I donate a full sheet cake each month to the local nursing home since there is no budget for birthday parties. I baked over 600 Monster cookies for the forensic team last year so they could give a scholarship. I'm in the middle of a fundraiser for the cheerleaders. This is from my heart, this is my giving back, loving generously and caring deeply.

What is not giving is what is taken from me by manipulation. We've all been used. How dare that mother use another mother's child as bargaining tool to get what she wants! NO one messes with my children in any way shape or form. She stepped over the line and got exactly what she had coming to her.

CakemanOH Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:11am
post #50 of 153
Quote:
Quote:

And as I stated, not everyone reacts the same way. When one gets constantly taken advantage of, one can get pretty ticked off. From what I understand, the kids weren't involved in the "drama". Sometimes, certain people only finally react to dramatic situations. You don't have to agree with what happened, but it happened and we can now move on.

Agreed....I am just surprised that this board would cheer for and encourage this situation. Oh Well.

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:13am
post #51 of 153

omg that was wonderful, but I know they are all probably talking Sh*t about you and how ur such a you know what. but who cares this was wonderful lol

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:13am
post #52 of 153

Look - can't we all get along?

It's a funny story and if you haven't been in Gwen's situation yet, you will. And when you are, you will think about this, probably have a chuckle to yourself, and think "man I wish I had the guts to do what she did". Nuff said! Laugh if you want to, ignore it if you don't.

AmyCakes2 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:13am
post #53 of 153

ONLY because someone FINALLY stood up for themselves to FINALLY say that they WILL NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AGAIN.
It's rather simple to understand.

CakemanOH Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:16am
post #54 of 153
Quote:
Quote:

Since my character is being called into question Let me take a moment and define what is generous and what is being taken advantage of.

I donate a full sheet cake each month to the local nursing home since there is no budget for birthday parties. I baked over 600 Monster cookies for the forensic team last year so they could give a scholarship. I'm in the middle of a fundraiser for the cheerleaders. This is from my heart, this is my giving back, loving generously and caring deeply.

What is not giving is what is taken from me by manipulation. We've all been used. How dare that mother use another mother's child as bargaining tool to get what she wants! NO one messes with my children in any way shape or form. She stepped over the line and got exactly what she had coming to her.

Sorry. Did not mean to do that. But I would like to think that if someone messed with your children you would deal with the situation based on your belief in your avatar. Who are we to decide if someone gets what they deserve. Wouldn't it been just as easy to say sorry my child cannot make it???? Couldn't it have been left at telling the person you were dissappointed that they would use your children for their personnal gain and no you would not make the cake and no you child would not be coming to the party. The drama of actually making a cake with malice in mind served no purpose.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:16am
post #55 of 153

Way to go! I've recently learned that "friends" can turn on you in a second. And you can't be taken advantage of.

It took alot of nerve for her to call you and ask for a free cake and only invited your child to get you there. But to admit that to you freely, she deserves whatever she got.

You can only "turn the other cheek" so many times because you only have so many cheeks.

Barb

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:17am
post #56 of 153
Quote:

At first I felt bad the daughter, but it was obvious that the grandma had been waiting for someone to put her in the place. I was so happy to read in a later message that even her own daughter knew that her mom was in the wrong and showed great respect and maturity for thanking her for the cake.

Way to go! thumbs_up.gif

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:29am
post #57 of 153

LOL.....I could do nothing but laugh. Because lil ole reliable me probably would have went right out and got the stuff to make the cake. You are my hero!!!

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:30am
post #58 of 153

Cakeman,

In general, most people find a holier than thou, finger wagging, and criticisms of their beliefs to be a repugnant practice in a public forum.

Is it time for a larger halo? Is yours too tight, making you cranky?

Yes, this was over the top...although I can empathize. Is your strident response helping? Not a bit.

You may remember that Christ broke fast with thieves and prostitutes and saved his wrath for the real injustice..i.e. moeny lenders in the temple.

Dood, relax! Criticizing someones morality and religion in a tight-knit internet community, especially over such a trivial isuue, says a lot more about you and your judgement (that word cuts many ways) than it does about her of ther rest of those who commented.

E

mitcheechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitcheechee Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:32am
post #59 of 153

think the mom of the bday girl needed to be told
appears her family was too afraid to do it themselves
apparently they didn't have the "Cake Balls" either
good for you for showing what she was really all about.
and for protecting your child
I think you did the right thing by not telling a lie to get your way out of it
hardly eye for an eye
even the husband being cool with it has to say something

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:33am
post #60 of 153

I think it was handled well. I would love to have been there. I wish I had the strength to use in my everyday life.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%