Mmf Storage

Decorating By mixaleena Updated 25 Jul 2005 , 4:48am by cakemommy

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 1:16am
post #1 of 9

I tried searching the forums for these answers and failed...miserably..

Anyone know how to store MMF? Do you need to refrigerate it, or leave it at room temperature? (Might be a good thing to add to the recipe)

How long can you store it? (also might be a good thing to add...=)

Thanks so much!
Mixee

8 replies
wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 2:01am
post #2 of 9

You leave it out at room temperature. Store it wrapped in plastic wrap in a plastic container, I can't tell how long but I've had some almost three weeks stored and it was fine. If it hardens a little a put it in the microwave about 6 seconds and knead it again and it's new again.
Hope this helps.

Wandy

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 2:03am
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply!

Mixee

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 2:05am
post #4 of 9

You are very welcome!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Wandy

alengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alengirl Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 2:22am
post #5 of 9

I've seen MMF written before, but I have no clue what it stands for icon_cry.gif
It sounds like you're taking about gumpaste, am I correct? Is MMF the brand? icon_rolleyes.gif

Confused in Miami

katiedeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiedeva Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 2:24am
post #6 of 9

The first time I made & used MMF I wrapped it in plastic wrap & left it at room temp & when I went to unwrap it & use it it was stuck ALL over the plastic wrap. I dont know if I did something wrong (???) it wasnt too sticky when I wrapped it so I figured it would be fine. I was literally tearing the plastic wrap to get it apart from the MMF... I dont know if a coating of crisco on the plastic or on the MMF would resolve that but I dont know if I will wrap mine again like that....just airtight & not for long because it will dry out fast.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 4:20am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alengirl

I've seen MMF written before, but I have no clue what it stands for icon_cry.gif
It sounds like you're taking about gumpaste, am I correct? Is MMF the brand? icon_rolleyes.gif

Confused in Miami

It is Marshmallow Fondant, a fondant made up using marshmallows. the recipe is on the site. Hope that helps,
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 4:37am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alengirl

Confused in Miami

MMF = MarshMallow Fondant
http://www.cakecentral.com/article47-How-to-Make-and-Decorate-with-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 4:48am
post #9 of 9

That is a great tutorial for MMF. Wished I had found it the first time I made it. NEVER thought about using my mixer.....DUH!!!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%