2 Months Have Passed... I Think I Can Finally Talk About It.

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 7:41pm by travelingcakeplate

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 12:31pm
post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsright41401

Oh I am 100% in agreement with you IHateFondant and I will NEVER do this again. I am going to get a tad more experience before I tackle a wedding cake again. But I am not going to never do wedding cakes again.

I felt bad for the Bride too. The entire ceremony and everything was a disaster too apparently, it is so horrible. Their marriage is struggling too and I feel sad for them.

Rachel

Wow.
Silence....
I was thinking you must have been overstressed by the rushed effort, but reading this I am reminded that everything here is energy, and I believe that when we make a cake for someone, their energy fields are a part of it. If we are dealing with chaotic people, we are dealing with chaotic energy fields, and not to place a blame here, but one of the things I've learned is watch for the signs that you are dealing with chaotic people, and if you are... you are going to have some trouble if you don't consciously (but lovingly) kick them out of your energy field while your making cakes lol.... OK...that may sound weird, but it works.... I'm betting if you made that cake for noone in particular, but just because you love to do cakes, you would have a masterpiece. Keep on baking.

Tide89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tide89 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 7:04pm
post #32 of 52

Bless your heart! I see you are from Georgia....I am from Birmingham, Alabama and I also did a cake during the MAJOR heat wave you are talking about. My air did the same thing. I was using White Chocolate on my cake and...well...it melted. Don't lose heart though! Like everyone has said, you've had your major disaster and now you should be good to go for a while!

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 10:38pm
post #33 of 52

Just have to say sorry for all that mess. I think you're very good to take the constructive critisism as well as you did from IHATEFONDANT. Good for you for not getting defensive, it sounds like you are taking the responsibility for being in that position. Plus you know that everyone can relate to at least some extent and that ALWAYS helps.
On a side note...the poor couple. I swear, in life, if things aren't going my way with a certain situation it's time to stand back and wonder what sort of message God is trying to send me. Sounds like He sent them a whole slew of clues that this wasn't meant to happen. That's a shame they aren't starting on a better note in thier life together.
Good luck as you continue to do the cake business.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 8:16am
post #34 of 52

My stomach is all in knots just reading about your experience. Seriously making me relive a disaster I once had. I feel so terrible for you It's hard to let it go , but you have to and go back to loving cake making. Have fun again, this will never happen to you again. You won't let it. Here's a hug(((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))) from me God Bless You, Debbie

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 12:44pm
post #35 of 52

I feel sooo bad for you...but just take it as a learning experience....

And glad you are gonna keep going!!!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #36 of 52

OMG do I feel for you, I wanted to cry reading this. You lived out my worst nightmare. The good part is you lived!!!!!! Keep going is my motto don't give up or give in. We are not perfect and I know one day my day is gonna come and I don't know IF I will be able to handle it either, but I will keep going no matter what. Here's a hug if it does any good. I do agree with not being rushed that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo important, put your foot down next time.

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 4:20pm
post #37 of 52

I am so sorry that happened to you. I think I would have to be commited after that. At least you are ok now. Big hugs headed your way.

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #38 of 52

Another big hug from me to you. I'm very sorry for this awful experience ! Don't let it happen in vain--like IHATE FONDANT said, change how YOU operate! You take charge of how you are going to do your cakes (baking, payments, etc) and stick to it! It's just not worth risking your well being (panic attack--hospital), not to mention not worth it financially or creatively. Take a few deep breaths then re-join us back in the deep end of the pool. Best Wishes to you icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 1:36am
post #39 of 52

OMG, I feel for you. So sorry it all happened at once. I understand why you feel the way you do about wedding cakes. In time it will pass and you will get back to caking.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 3:19am
post #40 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaPaloma

Wow.
Silence....
I was thinking you must have been overstressed by the rushed effort, but reading this I am reminded that everything here is energy, and I believe that when we make a cake for someone, their energy fields are a part of it. If we are dealing with chaotic people, we are dealing with chaotic energy fields, and not to place a blame here, but one of the things I've learned is watch for the signs that you are dealing with chaotic people, and if you are... you are going to have some trouble if you don't consciously (but lovingly) kick them out of your energy field while your making cakes lol.... OK...that may sound weird, but it works.... I'm betting if you made that cake for noone in particular, but just because you love to do cakes, you would have a masterpiece. Keep on baking.

Wow. First, Christa ... what a great take on this! I love what you said, and I completely agree with you. The whole energy explanation makes SO much sense!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Rachel ... (((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))). I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience. I can't imagine. I don't even know what to say. Thank you for sharing your story with us. When you are ready, I hope you'll start doing wedding cakes again ... lots of good advice from other people in this thread. Hang in there.

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 8:32am
post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsright41401

Than the cake decorating store near me won't sell me all her Satin Ice, I need 20 lbs she has 22 lbs... and doesn't want to be out til her next order comes in. So now I have to make my own fondant. icon_cry.gif

I'm just gobsmacked that you the shop owner refused to sell you an item because she didn't want to run out....?????? Where the heck does that come from!!!!?????

Sorry you had to deal with all this. Look at where it got you. No cake is worth more than your health.

Look after yourself. First.

mmmmmcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmcake Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 11:59am
post #42 of 52

During one of my cake disaters my mother in-law gave me the best advice "BREATHE" as stupid as it sounded at the time, it worked! LOL

I feel for you....and your husband.....my husband now leaves the house while I am "in the zone" poor thing icon_smile.gif

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 10:51pm
post #43 of 52

I am so sorry to hear of what you went through. Just from what you said, that was a lot of cake to bake with nothing going wrong and to have all of them cracking - ugh! I feel for you.

I'm not a professional but I'm sure this happens once in awhile. Much hugs and kisses!!!!! Now I am going to email my baker friends to call me if they're ever stressing and need help. I know one came over when I was stressed from baking 7 cakes for my hubby's 50th birthday party. I was doing the last special 2 tier cake for him & my A/C wasn't working properly, my legs were killing me, I was tired & I was just lost on where to go with it. I over mixed/kneaded my tie dyed, flame like fondant. She came over and helped me decide how to set it up, held up things on it so I could see what they looked liked, figure out how to hide the cake separator plates... Thanks Cindy! Maybe this will give us all a chance to tell our nearby baker friends to call if they need us! Keep baking! God bless!

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 6:53pm
post #44 of 52

HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. Don't give it up. You know how much you like what you do. You won't ever have this much trouble again.

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:28pm
post #45 of 52

OMG-Sorry this happened 2 u . U cant leave baking, if thats what you love to do........Keep on going...... icon_cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:43pm
post #46 of 52

I am really sorry to hear about it but sometimes(most of the time) things don't go as planned or expected. The good thing is that you never gave up. Good luck... keep trying.

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:43pm
post #47 of 52

What an awful experience to have to go through doing something you love!!! You deserve the purple heart of cake decorating!!!

Keep your chin up....it'll get better!

Someone in a recent post said it best!! Cake on brave soldier!

maggie_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie_14 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #48 of 52

OMG!! My heart goes out to you what a stressful time for you that was. No wonder you ended in the hospital and stopped baking. I guess is with everything in life, you go through rough times, but you pick yourself up and you keep going. I send you a big hug and if you love baking just make sure that you do it at your convenience and by your rules. Is not worth going to the hospital again! Take care.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:58pm
post #49 of 52

oh my
I am so sorry
(((((((( hugs)))))))

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 12:17am
post #50 of 52

hugs so sorry for all the stress.

again hugs!!! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 12:18am
post #51 of 52

I am sorry u went though this...Sometimes we forget what we do we cakes is not that easy. Lots of people can't do what we do...Everybody has a bad day...just keep going...learn from th e experience and start foing it again...The good thingd you get out of making cakes are so much more than this bad moments..I know the bad ones are overwhelming , b ut think of all the people u make happy everytime you do a cake..It makes my heart melt!...

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 7:41pm
post #52 of 52

I am glad you have been able to get it off your chest.

Hang in there. We are all pulling for you!

tcp

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%