Scrollwork -- Bc Or Royal On Bc?

Decorating By tobycat Updated 1 Sep 2007 , 1:35am by tobycat

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #1 of 6

I searched the forums, but couldn't find my exact question, so here goes...

I'm doing a wedding cake with bc. They want scrollwork and dots. I want to use some pearl dust on the dots and scrolls. Would it be better to use royal icing or bc?

Can I even use pearl dust effectively on bc scrolls?

TIA -- S.

5 replies
paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:31am
post #2 of 6

Hi Tia, I don't use bc to cover cakes, but I think if ri touches fat it doesent dry hard, and you need it hard to paint it with Pearl dust.
I've painted dry royal icing with pearl dust many times it works very well

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 10:54am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolacaracas

Hi Tia, I don't use bc to cover cakes, but I think if ri touches fat it doesent dry hard, and you need it hard to paint it with .
I've painted dry royal icing with many times it works very well

hmmm...that's interesting. what do you use to cover your cakes?? icon_confused.gif

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 6

Rolled fondant, the buttercream is underneath

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 6

bc. if you have a recipe that crusts really well, the dots should crust over enough for you to CAREFULLY paint them. but dont go overboard or it'll start streaking. another option is to do royal dots and scrols on parchment, dry, and paint, then adhere them to the fresh buttercream.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melysa

bc. if you have a recipe that crusts really well, the dots should crust over enough for you to CAREFULLY paint them. but dont go overboard or it'll start streaking. another option is to do royal dots and scrols on parchment, dry, and paint, then adhere them to the fresh buttercream.

Thanks! Hadn't thought of that one! I do have a nice crusting bc, so either way should be just fine!

S.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%