Feel So Sick Over This

Decorating By lovely Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 9:18am by lovely

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:17am
post #1 of 8

I made these toppers for a couple of friends that are getting married soon. White flowers, ruffle on top of the dress, charcoal suit and no bald spot lol, messy bun and a small veil.
I was really proud as these are my first and I'm not artistic or talented with this stuff, so I sent a pic to the bride and groom.

With the pic was a photo of her wedding dress. What the goodness gracious was I thinking. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
LL

7 replies
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:41am
post #2 of 8

OMG, I'm so sorry!!!!!!! I guess it was an honest mistake, call the bride, let her know before the groom takes a look, opens his e-mail account!!
I really don't know what to say, I'm really sorry, hope you can get a hold of her before he can see it!
Good luck... oooops!

BTW, they are VERY cute!!!!! icon_lol.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:59am
post #3 of 8

Oh no! I know that feeling, when you've sent out an email that shouldn't have gone out. Did you get a chance to call them both and ask him to not open his email? Even if he did, he might not have noticed the pic. I didn't notice the pic right away, you're just so drawn to looking at their two little heads. Good luck, maybe he didn't look yet.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:59am
post #4 of 8

Well, it's not the actual dress! And, I'm sure she will look much better in it than the model! Hopefully it won't upset her. icon_rolleyes.gif

As for me, we just celebrated 18 years together and my husband saw my dress in every stage from a roll of fabric, to cut out pieces, to the final thing! Maybe it brought us more luck! icon_lol.gif

Kathi

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:00am
post #5 of 8

i wouldn't worry icon_smile.gif he has no way of knowing its her dress if he hasn't seen her dress yet. icon_smile.gif an email or a heads up is good but dont stress about it icon_smile.gif with the heads up she can just play it off like "oh whata nice dress" etc lol icon_smile.gif

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 6:37am
post #6 of 8

I feel your pain on this one -- I would be beating myself up! But, as I'm on the outside looking in -- I can say, truly, that this isn't the end of the world. It was an honest mistake, and perhaps he didn't even see it. Even if he opened the e-mail, you know how guys are -- they just take a cursory look at things anyway-- he probably thought, "cute" and then clicked it closed.

Sorry this happened to you though!

S.

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 6:56am
post #7 of 8

Guess what! Most men don't even pay enough attention to the small details anyway. icon_surprised.gif Sure it's huge to you, the bride and even me as a former bride but he probably won't make the connection until he actually sees her in the gown. Maybe not even then. Maybe many years from now he'll say "her dress looks just like yours" icon_redface.gif

Take a chill pill and smile-hopefully the bride will too!
Angie

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 9:18am
post #8 of 8

Thank you all soooo very much. You all made me feel better. I apologised profusly and thought she was mad at me until she just replied with "It's ok. I accidently email him the dress when I first got the dress, please don't stress" Phew... I guess it's only bad luck in a wedding if you get married to someone you don't love. They will be good. She is such a calm bride it is fantastic. She even sent her partner to the cake lady by himself.

Thank you to you guys for helping me relax til her reply.

icon_biggrin.gif Leigh

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%