As Promised... Pics Of Cake Shop Construction!

Business By peacockplace Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 1:34pm by CarolAnn

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:36am
post #1 of 25

Ok everyone... Here are some of the first pics of the soon to be cake shop. The first picture is the wall that was just built to seperate the office from the kitchen. The second is my HUGE three compartment sink and hand sink. They need some work, but for three hundred dollars, I can do some cleaning icon_biggrin.gif The third is a pic of the outside, the doors under the porch will be french doors.
LL
LL
LL

24 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:43am
post #2 of 25

are your photos too large to attach here?? If so go to www.shrinkpictures.com and shrink em' down to the right amount of pixels!! I wanna see!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:14am
post #3 of 25

How exciting!! I would love a place just to do my baking. *sigh* keep us updated!

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:23am
post #4 of 25

Looks like it's coming along great=) I'm rooting for you. Those sinks look great too. I can't tell that they are even dirty. Congrats on taking the step to fulfill a dream icon_biggrin.gif

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:28am
post #5 of 25

How exciting! I bet you can't wait to get it done.

Great buy on the sinks, those things are expensive!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 11:57am
post #6 of 25

This is just the beginning. You are going to have a wonderful time doing all this ground work and seeing everything come into place. Make sure that you remember everything and take tons of pictures. Your shop will be great, it already has a wonderful start. Good luck and I'll keep watching for updates. I'm happy for you.!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 25

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif You guys are so sweet! Today is a big day here. the plumber is coming and the drywal is being hung, all the electric is being finished. I hope to be able to paint on Saturday, and do the floors on Monday.

I am so excited to have a place of my own! I have three little boys and it is so stressful to make wedding cakes with them around. I feel bad because I hardly let them go near the kitchen. They can't run, or throw balls, or play with their swords, or anything else that might injure a cake. I'm pretty sure they'll be glad to have mommy's cakes out of the house too! icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif You guys are so sweet! Today is a big day here. the plumber is coming and the drywal is being hung, all the electric is being finished. I hope to be able to paint on Saturday, and do the floors on Monday.

I am so excited to have a place of my own! I have three little boys and it is so stressful to make wedding cakes with them around. I feel bad because I hardly let them go near the kitchen. They can't run, or throw balls, or play with their swords, or anything else that might injure a cake. I'm pretty sure they'll be glad to have mommy's cakes out of the house too! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_surprised.gif Are you sure we don't live in the same house? icon_lol.gif I have 2 boys that run with swords, and are always "being ninjas"!!!!! waiting for hubby to decide that the garage needs to be my shop. We have discussed this a couple of times, but let one of the cakes be damaged due to an "hai yah"!! and it will happen sooner than he thinks!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Happy things are moving quickly. Waiting for a picture update when closer to completion!!! thumbs_up.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 12:50pm
post #9 of 25

Congrats on the sink and the shop!!!!!! I can't wait to see finished photos and those finished cakes thumbs_up.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:01pm
post #10 of 25

It is going to be BEAUTIFUL........ keep taking, and showing us the pics ! YOU LUCKY DUCK !!!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:02pm
post #11 of 25

Congrats!

Good Luck.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:10pm
post #12 of 25

Sooo exciting!!!

I can't wait to be where you are. I bet you get out there every chance you get. My DH would have to yank me in at night because I'd want to sleep out there!

Keep the pictures coming!

meredetrois Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredetrois Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 7:12pm
post #13 of 25

That's awesome! Looks like it is really coming together for you. You got a great deal on those sinks!

peacockplace Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 9:41pm
post #14 of 25

Well, today was a busy day! All of the lighting is done. Most of the drywall is hung, and the plumbers came today too. Tomorrow we are getting a septic tank and the plumbers will finish all the plumbing. I'm getting so excited now. If I could only make up my mind on a paint color.

mommicakes, it sounds like our boys are a lot alike!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:31am
post #15 of 25

Wow, wow wow! congratulations! I love seeing progress pictures! It's amazing how excited i got looking at your studded out wall! icon_smile.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:37pm
post #16 of 25

that is awesome! Trust me, I know how exciting it is to watch the progress being made! I am rooting for you & watching for more progress pics! icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:43pm
post #17 of 25

I am so excited for you! I can only imagine what your feeling! Good luck on all future endevores! I too am looking foward to more pics.

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:54pm
post #18 of 25

It looks great! I am sooooooo happy for you!

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 12:55pm
post #19 of 25

Congrats to you!!! I'm really happy for you.

mazaryk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazaryk Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:09pm
post #20 of 25

Ohhh peacockplace I know how you feel about the children and decorating. I have a 6 month old and 2 year old son and can I say my husband is just as bad for interrupting me just when I think I get that darn fondant rose down.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more pics of the progress on your cake shop.
I love that sink . . .beautiful.

Please keep posting your progress and happy painting.

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:09pm
post #21 of 25

Thanks for sharing your exciting times with us. You have a great start on what looks lto be a great shop! Keep us posted on your progress and we can't wait to see those new pics! Congrats!!!

peacockplace Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:11pm
post #22 of 25

Thank you all! I hope to be able to paint in there tomorrow. They are texturing the walls today. On the down side the septic tank isn't done yet because we had to get an $800 pump for it, that we didn't orrigionally need icon_cry.gif Hopefully it will be done on Tuesday.

I'll take some more pics when the walls are finished today.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:21pm
post #23 of 25

Kristy,

I keep saying this....."I am so jealous of you" icon_biggrin.gif

I may have missed previous posts but please do tell us more about how your business is going to run. Is it going to be by appt only....since it is at your home? Inquiring minds want to know! lol

Judy

p.s. Please PM me if you are near Mandarin, I would so love to come by for a looksie and don't forget to share your good news on our Yahoo website.

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:34pm
post #24 of 25

Congratulations!! How exciting!! I'm very happy for you and looking forward to seeing the competed stage pics!!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 1:34pm
post #25 of 25

peacockplace,
I am just thrilled for you!! How exciting to be getting a shop of your own. I wish I could come visit all the neat shops that CC'rs are building. That'd be soo much fun!

Someone recently finished their shop just over in Missouri from me and I can't remember who it was. If the lady with the new shop over in the Harrisonville, MO area reads this PLEASE PM/E-MAIL ME. I'd really love to come see your shop!! We pm'd or e mailed before but I can't find that now to know where you are. Dang it!

I'll be watching for your pics Peacockplace!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%