The Call You Never Want To Get The Monday Before A Wedding..

Business By Carolynlovescake Updated 2 Sep 2007 , 4:22am by ceshell

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:37am
post #31 of 91

OH MAN!!!! I agree, if he's willing to do that now, no matter HOW drunk, he's not worth keeping because 1) what's he getting that drunk for 2) the description fit the "nuff said" category 3) how soon is he going to do that again after the wedding...

Where is the link with the picture of the cake with the bride stabbing it because it was the "Emancipation Party" instead... They couldn't get out of so many deposits that they threw the party anyways for her side of the family... Sent out invitations with big red sashes through them... Had a hoot'n good time at the party and went to church at the ceremony time and thanked the LORD that she didn't have to marry that loser!

Of course, work with the MOB/Bride because this definitely fits into the category of something that one could NOT forsee, and even though you purchased ingredients, at least you hadn't started the baking yet. Either way, being the friendly baker that I am, I'd probably help with the healing process and do up a small emancipation cake for the bride thumbs_up.gif "For your Emancipation Celebration"... (after all, it's a way to help use up some of the ingredients that won't store)... But this is definitely the "unforseen circumstances" factor (or was it, really now, but still, it is probably something that the bride never saw coming)

DH tried to keep his ripped skivies from his Bach party (I didn't get one icon_cry.gif ), but needless to say I made sure they got tossed, and he knows without questioning that I don't mess around when it comes to any future appearances at a strip club icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_wink.gif ...

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:52am
post #32 of 91

Men are like children......but without all the handmade gifts and artwork for the fridge icon_lol.gif Instead, we get the whining, irrational thinking and wet towels left on the bathroom floor........ icon_rolleyes.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:54am
post #33 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Men are like children......but without all the handmade gifts and artwork for the fridge icon_lol.gif Instead, we get the whining, irrational thinking and wet towels left on the bathroom floor........ icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It's like people trying to tell us all this BEFORE we have kids... Even if we had been told what it was going to be like we'd have never believed them!

Hence, the bride needs her Emancipation Party!

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:01am
post #34 of 91

men should wear warning signs across their foreheads when they are on their bucks nights!! they can get sooo stupid icon_rolleyes.gif

Poor you with the cakes and then the taco bell... how dare they???? Once I was dying for a sundae from McDonalds and I get to the window and they are out of ice-cream icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif ... what????? how????

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:06am
post #35 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycakes

icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif Bless your heart! WE all need to be there with you.stiff drinks in hand.........

1. That groom is TOAST. thumbsdown.giftapedshut.gif He would be picking himself up off the floor......I feel for that bride.

2. As for CHEAPY, tapedshut.gificon_mad.gif she can stuff her cake! She has some nerve or lack of, to call you and ask such a dumb idiotic thing............
NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY helps me with my cakes, other than dh.and he's allowed to do very little, rofl.....she is a piece of work alright!!!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif Don't you worry......it's gonna get better.with or without the vodka, rofl..... seriously, I do wish you the best in these situations. ((()))))HUGS to you! thumbs_up.gif

Countrycakes, I knew you had to be a fellow North Carolinian when I read Bless youer heart...

Bless sthat poor brides heart as well!!!! icon_sad.gif

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:10am
post #36 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

no taco bell.They were out of shells......

LOL is that like no chicken at KFC.....LOL

No chicken at KFC?...Been there..Done that....

icon_mad.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:11am
post #37 of 91

First of all "I love you Gwen"....for handling this with such class and sense of humor!
Second my DH is a higher up in the taco bell food chain...he runs like 60 stores in the south east ( at a desk level of course)... call the 1- 800 number on the window when you have an experience like that...the mgr. should know to order better where they arent out of that much stuff and certainly never shells! They oughta offer you guys a freebie combo or two. Also little known TB facts...if they EVER ask you to park while they finish your order and they will bring it out...ask them if they are SUPPOSED to do that...is is strictly against their policy...one of their goals is uber fast service and they are not suppose to do that. Also if they dont try to sell you a drink ( ie when your order is finished at the speaker ask if you need a drink to go with that)...they owe ya a free one!

Brujalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brujalita Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:18am
post #38 of 91

Heck of a way to start the week, all the way around, except for the cheapskate. If she can't afford the cake, she can't afford to have a party. Men do stupid things, always have, always will. I'm not excusing his behavior because he should've known better (sober, he would've known better!) - she needs to decide if it's something she can accept and live with or not accept it and rub his nose in it!! icon_evil.gif

Me, I go for tequila, in a shot glass, skip the wimpy salt and lime!!
dunce.gif

KayDay Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:20am
post #39 of 91

Oh yeah...try vanilla vodka with cream soda..... icon_biggrin.gif

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:09am
post #40 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliequeen

Quote:

no taco bell.They were out of shells......

LOL is that like no chicken at KFC.....LOL

No chicken at KFC?...Been there..Done that....

icon_mad.gif

LOL WTFor goodness sake is that about. NO CHICKEN AT KFC rofl

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 7:45am
post #41 of 91
Quote:

LOL WTFor goodness sake is that about. NO CHICKEN AT KFC rofl

That's called poor planning on the manager's part. sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliS

Poor you with the cakes and then the taco bell... how dare they???? Once I was dying for a sundae from McDonalds and I get to the window and they are out of ice-cream icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif ... what????? how????

well, I was a manager for McDonald's for a while (short while) and there were a few times that we didn't have ice cream. When the machine breaks down, that's it. You can't do ice cream any more icon_sad.gif

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:10am
post #42 of 91

la sombra, we were told the machines were working.... they ran out of the ice cream mix!!

My first visit to NYC, we went to TGI's tried to order nachos, no corn chips, ok then can we get some potatoe wedges, we dont have no potatoe (those are the exact words... burned into my memory forever). Seriously... nothing??? how about a glass of water???

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:51am
post #43 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliS

la sombra, we were told the machines were working.... they ran out of the ice cream mix!!

My first visit to NYC, we went to TGI's tried to order nachos, no corn chips, ok then can we get some potatoe wedges, we dont have no potatoe (those are the exact words... burned into my memory forever). Seriously... nothing??? how about a glass of water???

lol, well then they must have either had a mad run on ice cream or the ordering manager really screwed up bad and they're not on good relations with the next McDonald's over so couldn't get any from them? icon_rolleyes.gif ya gotta have ice cream!! How are you gonna get a triple thick shake????

I've waited tables before where they've been 86ed what seemed like everything...big list of things gone...so annoying to have to be apologizing to every table because SOMEthing is bound to be 86ed from what they're ordering...bad ordering manager, very bad!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:01am
post #44 of 91

If I were you, I would go ahead and bake those cakes....... you can freeze them and use them for a different wedding or party at a later time....... I would bet dollars to doughnuts, they will kiss and make up, and the wedding will go as planned........ EXCEPT for YOU and the CAKE........ you will be going crazy at the last minute trying to get the thing finished.......

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:50pm
post #45 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

Oh yeah...try vanilla vodka with cream soda..... icon_biggrin.gif

I never know where I will find you or what drink you are promoting. icon_lol.gif

Diane

bridgett413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett413 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:20pm
post #46 of 91

I really feel for you and that bride. I just can't even imagine-of course I have a total gem for a husband. As for the cheap mom-it would be all or nothing for her, especially after the way the phone call went.

As for Taco Bell, I have gone to Burger King only to be told they are completely out of all burger patties. Actually I've had this happen at 2 different locations around here. One did still have whoppers, but it was for my then 2 year old.

KayDay Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:33pm
post #47 of 91

Hehe Diane....I am like the wind....<whoosh> (or as much like the wind as a fat chick can be)..... icon_lol.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:37pm
post #48 of 91

I have an update but no time to post... van has to be serviced.

Will update later. YA'LL ARE GOING TO DIE LAUGHING!

KayDay Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:40pm
post #49 of 91

OOOHHHH....Gwen! You BAD girl!!!! How dare you bait us then run off! icon_biggrin.gif Lucky for you I have to run out for a bit too...or I'd be hounding you..... icon_cry.gif lol. But I will be back this afternoon ...panting waiting for the story.

lilladycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilladycreations Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 4:46pm
post #50 of 91

COME ON YOU GOT TO GIVE US AN UPDATE

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:50pm
post #51 of 91

What the hell??

I was pretty sure that major cliffhangers were for TV SOAPS only, and didn't apply to CCSoaps??

Make with the update!!!! icon_smile.gif

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:52pm
post #52 of 91

Ugh, double post

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 5:56pm
post #53 of 91

Waiting on a update! Maybe it is like another poster said the friends set him up! If not then better she knows it now. Some men are dogs!

Cant believe the nerve of the other mom-wanting to help to cut cost? Give me a break!!

I know we all have those days, I had a whole week of it last week. My computer crashed (even running a antivirus) cant be fixed. Had to buy a new one. The coputer chip in the transmission of my car burnt out the overdrive gear. I can only run 50 mph. Will be fixed Sat. cost of part is $300. Atleast we dont have to pay a mechanic for labor. That is what DH job is for the county, fixing fire trucks, ambulance, sheriff cars etc....AND the central heating/air unit is not working right, and living in Ga. it has been around 102 degrees in my area, Thank God we had some window units in storage. I keep telling myself "this too shall pass"

And I cant believe how resturants can run out of their main supplies. No shells at TB and no chicken at KFC. I have a real crazy one-- living in a small town we have no steak house (have a huddle house-wow) that isn't a steak house to me, so me and DH go out of town 40 miles to nearest town.
Go to steak house on a Friday night about 7:30 and I went to order a ribeye with a baked potatoe and was told they had no ribeyes no Tbones AND no baked potatoes!!!!!! WHAT!! This is friday night at 7:30 and you have no food????? My DH told them what he thought about it and we have never and will never go back.
We drove around that town and found a nice seafood resturant, greaat food. And have been back there alot!

felecia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
felecia Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:16pm
post #54 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

OMG, you poor thing, I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a bad "last 30 mins", come on over, I have some absolut cranberry in the freezer...
(((hugs)))

AWWW...I feel you. Well lets go get some freezer shots of Absolut. thumbs_up.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 6:32pm
post #55 of 91

hmmm here's one for us ccr's
it's called "cheesecake"
it's vanilla schnapps or vanilla vodka and cranberry juice.
Don't ask me why but it does actually taste like cheesecake.

1gananny Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 8:08pm
post #56 of 91

This is why I LOVE CC!!

We not only share cake and icing recipes but we can get new drink recipes as well! icon_razz.gif

All of your recipes sound really interesting.

Could you imagine a Christmas party with ALL CCer's together?? WOW what a party!! AND THE FOOD!!!! thumbs_up.gif

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:19pm
post #57 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaptlps

hmmm here's one for us ccr's
it's called "cheesecake"
it's vanilla schnapps or vanilla vodka and cranberry juice.
Don't ask me why but it does actually taste like cheesecake.

I'm going to have to try this and stay tuned - I'm dying for the update!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:14pm
post #58 of 91

I know I'm such a tease.... I knew a few were wanting updates and requested them. I haven't read the replies since my last post on the thread because it's been a crazy week.

So the MIL to be promised to pay back the bride's family for everything they didn't want to see her so the MIL dropped the check off to me. My friend came over to discuss options and decided to run to the bank to get the fat loot check in the bank... payment had been stopped on it the night before! icon_eek.gif (The memo on the check was written "reimbursement for all wedding expenses, sorry this happened.") They are dealing with that next week.

Well Tuesday afternoon the bride started thinking clearly. Mad and hurt will come, that day she was on a mission. Instead of baking our rounds as planned we went out and got mini rounds. She baked about 12 chocolate cakes, made brown frosting, messed with some fondant, and after a few trips to the store made mini piles of poop.

Tuesday night she left one on the porch step for him, one on the toilet seat, one on the seat of his car, one at the gym for him... every where around town she knew he'd be on Wednesday.

Finally he called and told her to stop being childish because they were getting married Saturday and she needed to finish the wedding planning.

YES HE THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO STAY WITH HIM!

At that she called a lawyer, got a 72 hour eviction notice with his help, and packed everything in the house that was his and put it out on the lawn.

When he got home he had the papers served by the sherrif that was waiting for him and he insisted he could enter the home. She was at the door holding her own and was like... "you take one step towards this door and closer to me that officer will be using his pepper spray on me to get me off you." At that point we think he realized he was pretty screwed.

The officer walked the house with him and he agreed that everything he owned was removed. This will save her later if he tried to pull the "but it was missing when she packed" plea in court.

We spent all day Tuesday calling guests. The venue had a good laugh because there was a bride who was in a panic, their count ended up being higher than expected and their room was to small. Our large room was now to big. The brides talked and switched rooms.

My bride got cash from the other bride in less than 30 for the difference between rooms.

The caterer thankfully hadn't shopped yet and is downsizing the food to the new size and had a check that afternoon for her for the difference.

(Everyone had been paid in full)

The church refused 100%.

The florist was being ticky tacky about everything and the other bride also is going to use the flowers for her reception room and getting a cash to my bride tomorrow.

The other bride, bless her heart... called her own florist and explained what happened and asked that they use the flowers for our room for us but to PLEASE not have them look like wedding arrangements. That florist was so nice and said "honey, there is no need to worry, flowers will be there but they won't look a thing like a wedding.

The kicker to this... the Best Man planned a day of golf Monday for the guys and then dinner. After dinner he left with a few other of the guys and everyone was like "we are heading home see everyone at the rehersal on Friday".

He had no idea what they had done. The groom saw him all week and didn't say a thing acting like everything was perfect.

He calls me today furious... why are the calling me the cake decorator... ok it's because we have all been friends forever and he was to embarrassed to call the bride. She's aware he was completely removed from this but he just feels so bad.

We are wondering if the groom is going to be at the church Saturday waiting... icon_lol.gif

We are doing a couple sheet cakes for her instead of the huge cake we had planned.

The down side, we had a friend from CA drive up with baking supplies galore for this plus her 3 KA's that her shop could spare because I am not equipped for this supply wise for mixing the batter and frosting. She arrived 10 minutes before the call.

We are glad she's here though because of all our friends this one was the best to be at the scene of the crime. She's trying to track down the stripper, hooker, what ever it was that he was with and when she finds her it won't be pretty. We are waiting to see if we need to post bail... LOL
She's made great progress and she has it tracked down to VERY good description of the gal, a name and strip club she works at.

She got to make the calls to those who were at the after party with the groom. He speil went "Hey this is Tina, I understand your husband/boyfriend was at the boys gone wild portion of the bachelor party after the dinner ended. *Pause* Well I wanted to let you know that Doug was _________ and _______ and _________ and _________ then as a thank you for being so nice to him did ___________ to the nice lady who was taking her clothes off for money for the guys. You might want to be sure your husband was not involved in any way with what went down. Oh and before I forget Treena has cancelled the wedding. If you bought a nice dress wear or a present for them I hope you have the receipt."

Most wives were like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT after party! We knew nothing about this!"

Misha would cover the phone and then say "oops did I say all that outloud" and wink at us.

Yeah Misha stirs the pot pretty good when defending a friend.

She was even less than eloquent when she was calling his family... "yeah Doug's an ass, had lipstick all over his privates, and called Treena by the hookers name a few times on Monday even after the hang over passed so there's no wedding. I know he's your family and all so you are stuck with him but I'm glad to be done with him when I'm done notifying his side of the family. If you have any questions call his mom."

His side of the family thinks this is no big deal all guys get one last one in and refused to call their family. Misha's reply when we were on the phone with them... well I'll call but it won't be pretty." She was right... it wasn't. icon_lol.gif

The bride is doing well with all things expected. It's not been an easy relationship with him in a few different ways. None of us ever saw him as a "cheater" or the kind of guy who would do this. So we are all thrown by it.

The good thing about it is that friends were reunited this week and even with all things concerned it's been years since we have spent time like this together.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:22pm
post #59 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

(he) called Treena by the hookers name a few times on Monday even after the hang over passed.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

1gananny Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 10:33pm
post #60 of 91

Too bad they were not being filmed for Bridzilla's!! Could you imagine what that episode would have been like? But I am glad she found out now. ANd glad she has friends like you to help her out. All of you have your party and forget that creep!!
I hope he does go to the church and wait and wait etc......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%