Halloween Decorating Contest

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 27 Oct 2006 , 3:25pm by KHalstead

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 1:24am
post #1 of 10

I just wanted to give a big pat on the back to all the people who have entered. They are all absoulutely stunning!!! I'm having such a hard time voting icon_confused.gif
Great job everyone!!!!
Happy Halloween icon_evil.gif
Monica icon_lol.gif

9 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 10

I agree....the entries are fab!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 10

All very talented people!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 10

wow, i do agree too---they are all unbelievable

good luck everyone

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 12:27am
post #5 of 10

Oh my!! I just went to check them out and they are all GREAT!!!!

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 10

We don't celerbrate Halloween here in Australia, what exactly do you celebrate at halloween?

I feel pretty stupid asking but all I know about halloween is what I have seen in the movies (like ET) that the kids go trick or treating all dressed up as something scary! and of course that it is on October 31!!!

I also agree, the cakes are all really great! I can't wait till voting starts!!!

Good luck to everyone that entered!!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by socake

We don't celerbrate Halloween here in Australia, what exactly do you celebrate at halloween?

I feel pretty stupid asking but all I know about halloween is what I have seen in the movies (like ET) that the kids go trick or treating all dressed up as something scary! and of course that it is on October 31!!!

I also agree, the cakes are all really great! I can't wait till voting starts!!!

Good luck to everyone that entered!!

The following is from wikipedia:

Quote:
Quote:

Halloween is a tradition celebrated on the night of October 31, most notably by children dressing in costumes and going door-to-door collecting sweets. It is celebrated in parts of the Western world, though most commonly in the United States, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Puerto Rico, with increasing popularity in Australia and New Zealand. Halloween originated among the Celts in Ireland, Britain and France[1] as the Pagan Celtic harvest festival, Samhain. Irish, Scots, Calan Gaeaf in Welsh and other immigrants brought versions of the traditions to North America in the 19th century. Most other Western countries have embraced Halloween as a part of American pop culture in the late 20th century.

The term Halloween, and its older spelling Hallowe'en, is shortened from All-hallow-even, as it is the evening before "All Hallows' Day"[2] (also known as "All Saints' Day"). In Ireland, the name was All Hallows' Eve (often shortened to Hallow Eve), and though seldom used today, it is still a well-accepted label. The holiday was a day of religious festivities in various northern European Pagan traditions, until Pope Gregory III moved the old Christian feast of All Saints Day to November 1 to give Halloween a Christian interpretation . Halloween is also called Pooky Night in some parts of Ireland, presumably named after the púca, a mischievous spirit.

Halloween is often associated with the occult. Many European cultural traditions hold that Halloween is one of the liminal times of the year when the spiritual world can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent (e.g. Catalan mythology about witches, Irish tales of the Sídhe).

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 10

You know we love you Heath because you're always on the ball!! icon_biggrin.gif

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks Heath!

I love learning something new! I have never celebrated Halloween.......somehow I think i'm missing out on the fun!!!

Maybe oneday it really will take off over here but until then I will just wish you all a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Sandra

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 3:25pm
post #10 of 10

wow, I guess I never realized it was a mainly U.S. thing!! I LOVE halloween........I never thought of it as a satanic thing though I guess some do.......my sons preschool (christian private school) doesn't acknowledge the day at all. i guess at least I can send in treats with my 2nd grader!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%