How Much For A Whimsical Cake?

Decorating By siahsammi Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 10:55pm by mamacc

siahsammi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siahsammi Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 12:46am
post #1 of 7

I AM GOING TO MAKE A WHIMSICAL CAKE FOR 100 PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA. OUT OF MMF IN TIFFANY BLUE AND BROWN. SHE WANTS IT TO BE 3 TIERED CAKE WITH DIFFERENT DESIGNS ON EACHG TIER.THE FILLINGS WILL BE FRESH STRAWBERRIES ON ONE CHOCOLATE ON THE OTHER AND THE LAST ONE WILL BE VANILLA. IT'S GOING TO BE IN MARCH OF 2008. I WANT TO ASK YOU FOR YOUR HELP FOR PRICING. THANK YOU!

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:51am
post #2 of 7

Just a rough estimate as I haven't priced strawberries recently, my price would start around $5.00/serving... so $500 starting price.

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:19am
post #3 of 7

I cant help much with the pricing, but I have a question about your name..If u dont mind, could you tell me what it stands for? My husband's name is Josiah, but everyone calls him Siah...so it was just shocking for me to see that...is it perhaps the same reason?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 7:50am
post #4 of 7

i would definitely charge at least $4.50 a serving maybe $5.00. a whimsical cake is time-consuming and the added fondant and strawberries brings up the cost as well! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 11:56am
post #5 of 7

I also quote those starting at $5 per serving.

And if you don't mind, please take your caps lock off.

siahsammi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siahsammi Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you very much keep them coming. i appreciate them.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with everyone else. I just did one for 30 people for a rehearsal dinner and charged $150 for a two tier one.

Courtney

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%